Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (225 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Seeing him live,getting to meet him, shake his hand and chat with him will always be one of the greatest moments of my life... i will die a happy man :)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Italian World Cup hero Alessandro Del Piero has agreed to play for Sydney FC in the forthcoming A-League season.

Sky Blues chief executive Tony Pignata and player agent Lou Sticca have sealed a deal with Del Piero's agent and brother Stefano in Turin.

The signing for one A-League season is believed to be worth $2 million.

An official press conference will be held in Turin on Wednesday at 11am (AEST 7pm) to announce the Sky Blues' prized acquisition.

Del Piero, who has just ended a 19-year career with Italian giant Juventus, will be the face of the A-League and expected to push the club's average home gate well past the 15,000 mark.

The main sticking points during week-long negotiations were the former Juve striker's huge business interests and personal sponsorships.

TheWorldGame Australia

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I kind of hate Olympiakos and i m glad that he has chosen Sydney!
For 2mils though, we could have kept him, we could easily make that sum from the sponsordeals.
The jerseys with his name alone would help...

I was worried that he wont find an offer reflecting his value and i am surprised that he didnt find one in Japan, USA and EPL...
but considering the latest wave of Juventuz members, i have the impression that new fans will wait for him there as well and honor him with the respect he is worthy of...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would have sold quags and matri, just to keep him :D. And then sign bender for the lolz.

That would have secured a shitload of minutes in his last season here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 217)