Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (124 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
WΏΏdy;3669101 said:
Forget 'why' is Ale being pushed out, do you agree that he had done enough to earn the right to call it a day when he wanted?Do you agree its wrong they way he is being denied an extension? Considering the amount of time he spent on the bench without complaining and also the fact that he still is better than half of our forwards?
Any team cannot be held hostage to a single Hall of Fame player who himself has very mixed feelings about when he wants to retire. Look at Brett Favre in the NFL, for a comparison. Talk about a disastrous way to go out, but that was more on Favre than on his beloved Green Bay Packers.

Despite the horribly mishandled way Alex was treated when the announcement was made almost a year ago, everything since then has been pretty much as it should be -- as good as we could have hoped for Alex, for Juve, for everyone. Alex, of all people, knows that the player cannot become bigger than the club. That said, I can't see how anyone in Alex's shoes could quickly make light of a decision to retire from a club, let alone a sport, that has served him well for 19 years. It's a sane reaction that Alex doesn't want to retire, even if there are so many indicators to him that the time is 'right'.

He was denied an extension almost a year ago, and on that much the club has been firm, clear, and consistent. He was not jerked around further afterwards, which would have been far worse. And at age 38, if we don't have better options at forward than Alex, our board and front office is completely failing at their jobs and we have a very different problem to contend with.

Is it wrong when the fanboys start to moan after an end like this of a 19 year old journey? Of course everyone is over the moon after winning the title including the 'fanboys', of course everyone is celebrating including Ale but of course there are mixed emotions and in a time like this it is the haters and the attention whoares that need to shut up.
True dat.

---------- Post added 13.05.2012 at 12:22 ----------

Damn, Thank god I never go to the live thread. Conte absolutely loves Ale...
At the same time, I understand it's a very human phenomenon when people are faced with news or a reality they don't want to accept. The "black hand" comes in. Conspiracy theories arise. There must be someone to blame for this unacceptable fate.

I know these are common coping mechanisms people use, whether it's a devastating tsunami or Alex Del Piero growing old to where he's unable to contribute the way he has anymore. But that doesn't make these behaviors any more tasteful, I'm afraid.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Any team cannot be held hostage to a single Hall of Fame player who himself has very mixed feelings about when he wants to retire. Look at Brett Favre in the NFL, for a comparison. Talk about a disastrous way to go out, but that was more on Favre than on his beloved Green Bay Packers.

Despite the horribly mishandled way Alex was treated when the announcement was made almost a year ago, everything since then has been pretty much as it should be -- as good as we could have hoped for Alex, for Juve, for everyone. Alex, of all people, knows that the player cannot become bigger than the club. That said, I can't see how anyone in Alex's shoes could quickly make light of a decision to retire from a club, let alone a sport, that has served him well for 19 years. It's a sane reaction that Alex doesn't want to retire, even if there are so many indicators to him that the time is 'right'.

He was denied an extension almost a year ago, and on that much the club has been firm, clear, and consistent. He was not jerked around further afterwards, which would have been far worse. And at age 38, if we don't have better options at forward than Alex, our board and front office is completely failing at their jobs and we have a very different problem to contend with.

True dat.]
I know absolutely nothing about NFL :D

Anyways, yes the decision was made a year ago and it has always been firm but that does not make it a right one.

Just for the record i completely agree that the stage was perfect for Ale to retire, the only thing that does not make this ending a perfect on is that Ale himself has stated that he wanted to play in CL with Juve one more time and i think this is from the most recent interview.

Everything since the announcement was made a year ago and everything has been calm and the way it should be, true that, but why is that? The only reason being Ale has been as classy as ever and ducked any kind of controversy regarding this issue.

Anyways, Forza Juve and forza the one and only Capitano! Things could have ended even better but i guess we just have to go on with this now :)

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Yes,it is an inevitable event,the day that finally our captain leaves our beautiful Juve,yes it is great that he went on a high.. The reason us fanboys are unhappy,and mad at Agnelli is that,this man,is probably the man who got us to love Juve,certainly for me and for a lot others that I read in the last few pages,now,why is this man getting the treatment he does not deserve.. He wanted to play another season,a chance on the CL in our grand stadium with the perfect jersey,This,he actually wanted. Of course we dont like seeing him on the bench and instead have Borrielo/etc come in instead of him when we have only 10 minutes left and is drawing vs Cagliari, but at least we still have that hope of our saviour to do what he does best to his beloved Juve,saving us from a dull draw,or even a loss. But thats what he wants,its not about us not being happy and seeing our captain getting this kind of treatment,its just respecting what Del Piero wants,he should deserve to get what he wants.

Del Piero needs to thank Juve for what Juve has made possible for Del Piero, but we can see that,he does love Juve,he loves her so much,why cant our Juve,at least the management,do the same and love Del Piero for what he has done,the many many fans that become juventini because of him, the many many sacrifice Del Piero had done for his beloved Juve,yes it probably wont equal what Juve has given him. At the very least,let him choose how to end his career,instead of this.

Had our management done that instead of this, this year, we would be,very very happy for the unbeaten Scudetto,we would thank everyone and enjoy the victory,without any thoughts whatsoever that we are sad,angry and pissed at Agnelli for what he had done to our beloved Captain. no arguments here in tuz regarding "why not just enjoy the scudetto instead of becoming whining fanboys".

After all these years,of course I have become a bianconero first and A Del Piero fanboy second,that wasnt the case of when I was 7 though,I was truly a Del Piero fanboy only,then 8,9,finally at 10 years old,1998 Mijatovic made me feel something I never felt before,I was hurt,I would defend Juve every fuckin time after that,this is due to slowly realizing how much Ale loved/s his Juve and I would at least try to become that too.

So for that,My capitano,Ale,I owe this love I have for Juve to you.
I love Juve not as much as you did,but It will never reach that,especially since seeing what they did to you,but you managed to still love them the same,possibly even more,you are the better man,I will promise you this though,Juve will still get my cheers,my tears,my full on support,for Juve and for you Capitano,as that is what you would want your fans to do.

From the bottom of my heart Ale, you are always gonna be my inspiration,my idol,my captain,my favorite player ever. This is it capitano,you have smiled and made us even stronger,you have always stuck that tongue out and saved our Juve. Now its your time,have a great one captain. We will always support you,and I still have; meeting you in person as the top of my wish,I hope I get to meet you,soon,later or whenever. So help me God,I will!!

Ciao and Grazie Alessandro Del Piero! Uno di noi!
Forza Alessandro Del Piero,Forza Juventus!!!

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Yes,it is an inevitable event,the day that finally our captain leaves our beautiful Juve,yes it is great that he went on a high.. The reason us fanboys are unhappy,and mad at Agnelli is that,this man,is probably the man who got us to love Juve,certainly for me and for a lot others that I read in the last few pages,now,why is this man getting the treatment he does not deserve.. He wanted to play another season,a chance on the CL in our grand stadium with the perfect jersey,This,he actually wanted. Of course we dont like seeing him on the bench and instead have Borrielo/etc come in instead of him when we have only 10 minutes left and is drawing vs Cagliari, but at least we still have that hope of our saviour to do what he does best to his beloved Juve,saving us from a dull draw,or even a loss. But thats what he wants,its not about us not being happy and seeing our captain getting this kind of treatment,its just respecting what Del Piero wants,he should deserve to get what he wants.

Del Piero needs to thank Juve for what Juve has made possible for Del Piero, but we can see that,he does love Juve,he loves her so much,why cant our Juve,at least the management,do the same and love Del Piero for what he has done,the many many fans that become juventini because of him, the many many sacrifice Del Piero had done for his beloved Juve,yes it probably wont equal what Juve has given him. At the very least,let him choose how to end his career,instead of this.

Had our management done that instead of this, this year, we would be,very very happy for the unbeaten Scudetto,we would thank everyone and enjoy the victory,without any thoughts whatsoever that we are sad,angry and pissed at Agnelli for what he had done to our beloved Captain. no arguments here in tuz regarding "why not just enjoy the scudetto instead of becoming whining fanboys".

After all these years,of course I have become a bianconero first and A Del Piero fanboy second,that wasnt the case of when I was 7 though,I was truly a Del Piero fanboy only,then 8,9,finally at 10 years old,1998 Mijatovic made me feel something I never felt before,I was hurt,I would defend Juve every fuckin time after that,this is due to slowly realizing how much Ale loved/s his Juve and I would at least try to become that too.

So for that,My capitano,Ale,I owe this love I have for Juve to you.
I love Juve not as much as you did,but It will never reach that,especially since seeing what they did to you,but you managed to still love them the same,possibly even more,you are the better man,I will promise you this though,Juve will still get my cheers,my tears,my full on support,for Juve and for you Capitano,as that is what you would want your fans to do.

From the bottom of my heart Ale, you are always gonna be my inspiration,my idol,my captain,my favorite player ever. This is it capitano,you have smiled and made us even stronger,you have always stuck that tongue out and saved our Juve. Now its your time,have a great one captain. We will always support you,and I still have; meeting you in person as the top of my wish,I hope I get to meet you,soon,later or whenever. So help me God,I will!!

Ciao and Grazie Alessandro Del Piero! Uno di noi!
Forza Alessandro Del Piero,Forza Juventus!!!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He ended it on a high. That's the proper way to do it and takes a lot more balls than just playing until you can barely run. Great way to end it, there's still another final and I expect to see him start that too.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Vucinic just gave him an eye wash with champagne. What do you expect? :p
That's just how it is, people see what they want to see, they just fill what they don't know with their fantasies. For some reason they make this whole sitiuation sad for themselfs, when in fact it's quite a nice ending to a beautiful career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 118)