Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (219 Viewers)

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
It's nice to see at least a bit reason in this thread.

Emotianal day guys, but in the end it's for the best, DP should not just a sub, and that's what would have happened if he stayed. Time to thank him, and move one.
Raz, just for today stay off this thread. Please

Jul 1, 2010
The reality is that DP could barely get play time at age 37 in Coppa matches, let alone league matches. How humiliating it would be for him to eternally rot on the bench, onlooking for a match with the importance of the CL. And Juve cannot be in the business of parading him around for fans every other match, regardless of the outcome.

There comes a point where you have to leave with your head held high and with the ultimate dignity. It annoys me that so many of Del Piero's fans would rather see him humiliated like that in a never ending future.
:tup:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The reality is that DP could barely get play time at age 37 in Coppa matches, let alone league matches. How humiliating it would be for him to eternally rot on the bench, onlooking for a match with the importance of the CL. And Juve cannot be in the business of parading him around for fans every other match, regardless of the outcome.

There comes a point where you have to leave with your head held high and with the ultimate dignity. It annoys me that so many of Del Piero's fans would rather see him humiliated like that in a never ending future.
I would prefer Alex make that decision, it is clear he didn't that is what hurts most.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Del Piero on Al-Jazeera sport: I wanted to play in Champions league, but some things have changed and I accept it.

I rest my case as I don't feel like adding anything more, I've cried enough today. I'll definitely thank him before Coppa match.
You know it's a dark day for the club's history when their biggest legend leaves saying this.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
blʘndu;3668583 said:
dp isn't the guy to tell the world, yeah it's x fault cuz i'm not playing for juve anymore...he took it like a man and we will never know the whole truth. but i'm 100% that he would rather play 30 mins in a season for juve than moving to another country/club
Just watched his interview on SKy. It's the closest I've seen him to showing his disappoinment and frustration - he had to rein himself in at one point and said, "I'm about to point the finger - but I want to enjoy the moment etccc"

This guy wanted to stay, Agnelli had the perfect opportunity to really win the fans and prove himself to be worthy of the name.

This has soured the day and in many ways the championship, no matter how hard I try to convince myself it was a great time to leave. I'm sure we'll hear more as the summer goes on.

Grande Grande Capitano - we'll not be the same without you

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

And to think his farewell to home fans is the day we get our scudetto handed. I mean what better end could there be?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

:agree:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

Should have been his choice whether to rot on the bench or not. Neither yours, nor Agnelli's.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I would prefer Alex make that decision, it is clear he didn't that is what hurts most.
This! It should be Ale who decide what to do and not Agnelli. I don't care if it might be best that he ends his career now. I want Alex to make that decision himself eventually! We owe him that.

Nov 1, 2002

totally agree, almost all the players at this age retire or move to smaller club if they are still hungry to keep playing like Del Piero.

and to leave with scudetto is much better than leaving with failures.

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006

:tup: I can understand that everyone is extra emo today but well said. It is really bugging the hell out of me that people are leaving the club because he left. Even if you came to Juve because of him how could you not fall in love with the club somewhere along the way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 214)