Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (111 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
great post sergio you're right but even my brain tells me he can still play a part for this team even if suarez or cavani will arrive. coppa's, last minutes..

now the thing is i would not want an unhappy del piero who is staying just because of the fans instead of playing how many minutes he desires at an easy club. he done more than enough for us and if he wants to leave for this reason + conte's stupid decisions through this year i will understand him and won't condemn.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I don't think this is the decision Alex is willing to make, rather what he's being forced into. If it was a decision he'd already made when signing the current contract, he'd have announced it. He wouldn't have declared his disappointment after Agnelli's announcement and Marotta wouldn't have had a hard time responding to this repetitive question of the journalists about a new contract.

What I can guess is that he wasn't sure whether or not this would be going to be his last year, he perhaps thought he would have a whole season to think about the conditions and then to make a final decision, which was obviously ruined by that hasty announcement of Agnelli's, which I'm sure wasn't an "Agnelli handling issues with Alex amateurishly" but rather a clear message from the board to Ale reminding him of, most probably, what Alex himself had told them in private.

I've been a Del Piero fan for 15 years now and I know how eager he is about playing in the CL and setting new records. I'm sure he wouldn't mind staying for one more year to finish his 20 year career at Juve then, having experienced a last CL which could also give him one more chance to score his 300th goal for the team IF the club showed interest in keeping him. This is what I have absolutely no doubt about. He could delay his longtime ambition to play in the US for one more year and Juve, unlike what Sergio believes and I of course totally agree with the gist of his post, could easily delay taking that "essential step" for one more year. A step which is extremely hard to take with signing the likes of Borriello.

Even from a strictly Juventus beneficial point of view, I'm sure his presence in the team regardless of the time he gets to play, would help the team a lot to deliver the way of Juventus to the newly signed players.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't think this is the decision Alex is willing to make, rather what he's being forced into. If it was a decision he'd already made when signing the current contract, he'd have announced it. He wouldn't have declared his disappointment after Agnelli's announcement and Marotta wouldn't have had a hard time responding to this repetitive question of the journalists about a new contract.

What I can guess is that he wasn't sure whether or not this would be going to be his last year, he perhaps thought he would have a whole season to think about the conditions and then to make a final decision, which was obviously ruined by that hasty announcement of Agnelli's, which I'm sure wasn't an "Agnelli handling issues with Alex amateurishly" but rather a clear message from the board to Ale reminding him of, most probably, what Alex himself had told them in private.

I've been a Del Piero fan for 15 years now and I know how eager he is about playing in the CL and setting new records. I'm sure he wouldn't mind staying for one more year to finish his 20 year career at Juve then, having experienced a last CL which could also give him one more chance to score his 300th goal for the team IF the club showed interest in keeping him. This is what I have absolutely no doubt about. He could delay his longtime ambition to play in the US for one more year and Juve, unlike what Sergio believes and I of course totally agree with the gist of his post, could easily delay taking that "essential step" for one more year. A step which is extremely hard to take with signing the likes of Borriello.

Even from a strictly Juventus beneficial point of view, I'm sure his presence in the team regardless of the time he gets to play, would help the team a lot to deliver the way of Juventus to the newly signed players.
Had to post it twice to get your point across, my sweet? :D

I get what you are saying, and it would only be a matter of time before there would be a somewhat oppsing viewpoint to my post, and let me preface this by saying that I appreciate that your retort was done in a professional manner.

In regards to certain points that you have made in your post, allow me to provide a semblance of a counterargument.

Your first point in Alex being disappointed in the announcement being made so soon into the season. If i remember correctly, this wasn't something that Agnelli had told the media, this was something that he had told the board, and it leaked out. With that being said, if you are in the position that Agnelli is in, you certainly cannot save face either way once this information was leaked. You can't go to the board, who happen to be your bosses, and say "oops, I didn't mean that". Nor can you go to the media and deny anything that has already been leaked out. It is a no win situation. So , in essence, should he have not said anything to the board of directors? He can't NOT say anything to them. He is responsible for conveying the message of the future plans of the club to the board,a nd if Alex, at the time, was not part of the future, then it is certainly his responsibility to tell them. It just so happened that it got leaked out to the media. That's the media for you. We either complain about not having enough information, or too much information.

Now in regards to the situation where Alex would get a chance to score his 300th goal in a Juventus uniform, well, obviously all of us would love to see that. However, it is painfuly obvious that the one position that this club is lacking is in attack. A combination of 1 or possibly 2 new strikers, plus Alex's advancing age (Age is going to play a factor into this, whether anyone wants to admit as such), plus the three attackers who could still very well still be on this squad, is only going to push him further down the list. It's unfair to him, as it is to any club legend, and I think that he realizes that above any sort of professional goal that he would still want to achieve with Juve. The worst thing that could happen is the public perception that Alex is simply "hanging on" to achieve 300 goals in a Juve shirt. I would think that he is too prideful for that.

To your last point, that eye of the club has been cast towards Alex when times were tough, and more often than not, he has come through. But there has to come a time, if anyone is a fan of the club, that they will need to realize that it will be time to move on, that they can't keep looking to that corner of the locker room and know that Alex will save us. You speak of presence. The best example of presence for a football team is the presence on the pitch itself. With all of these factors coming into play, he will more than likely end up being a figurehead more than anything else, and this man still wants to play. I simply can't see him being comfortable another season with him getting very little playing time.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010

“Dopo vent’anni di straordinaria carriera, Alessandro Del Piero lascia il calcio italiano. Ma lo lascia a modo suo. Con un agile, fresco e intenso libro in cui racconta ciò che ha imparato del gioco più bello del mondo. Il sacrificio, la lealtà, il lavoro di squadra, il talento sono alcuni dei valori che Del Piero ha incontrato e vissuto nella sua esperienza in bianconero e che, attraverso questo libro, diventano il suo lascito etico alle nuove generazioni.”

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I want one of those :tup: too...find a good reason
You're a :tup:+ moron. There you go.

---------- Post added 15.04.2012 at 19:48 ----------

It will be fun to read how DP wasn't forced out of the club, and the uber fans will still not believe and think he is just saving Juves rep or some other reason.

Aug 17, 2007

“Dopo vent’anni di straordinaria carriera, Alessandro Del Piero lascia il calcio italiano. Ma lo lascia a modo suo. Con un agile, fresco e intenso libro in cui racconta ciò che ha imparato del gioco più bello del mondo. Il sacrificio, la lealtà, il lavoro di squadra, il talento sono alcuni dei valori che Del Piero ha incontrato e vissuto nella sua esperienza in bianconero e che, attraverso questo libro, diventano il suo lascito etico alle nuove generazioni.”
That's Amazon's synopsis. That's the real synopsis, nothing about leaving Italy and all that:

"A vent'anni dal debutto nel calcio professionistico, dopo avere vinto (e vissuto) tutto con la maglia della Juventus e della nazionale italiana, Alessandro Del Piero vive un momento di svolta della sua carriera. Ha ancora voglia di vivere alla grande gli ultimi anni da calciatore, ma anche l'esperienza per affidare un primo bilancio alle pagine di un libro fresco, agile e intenso. Così Del Piero ha deciso di condividere quello che ha imparato del gioco più bello del mondo, compreso ciò che lo ha guidato in tutti questi anni: i valori che intende trasmettere, magari a chi oggi sogna di vestire quella maglia numero dieci".

That's from TMW, they just post an item about it, says all the buzz around 'Ale's book confirms leaving' is bullshit.

---------- Post added 15.04.2012 at 19:51 ----------

You're a :tup:+ moron. There you go.

---------- Post added 15.04.2012 at 19:48 ----------

It will be fun to read how DP wasn't forced out of the club, and the uber fans will still not believe and think he is just saving Juves rep or some other reason.
Great job, you're the best bitch I've ever had. Even when I think:"Fuck, no one's gonna respond this?", you come and save the day.

Keep it up :tup:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Del Piero: 'Wrong blurb!'
By Football Italia staff

Alessandro Del Piero has reassured fans his book does not state he will leave Italy at the end of the season, as the wrong blurb was published.

There was controversy this morning when Amazon.it put the upcoming autobiography on pre-order with a synopsis suggesting it was his final campaign in Serie A.

“After 20 years of an extraordinary career, Alessandro Del Piero leaves Italian football. But he leaves it in his own way,” read the blurb for Giochiamo Ancora (Let’s keep playing), which is released on April 24.

However, Del Piero’s official website released a statement this afternoon confirming a completely different synopsis was sent to all bookstores.

“20 years after his debut in professional football, having won (and lived through) everything with the Juventus shirt and Italian Nazionale jersey, Alessandro Del Piero is going through a turning point in his career.

“He still wants to live life to the full in his final years as a player, but also has the experience to commit a first outline to the pages of a fresh, agile and intense book.

“This is how Del Piero has decided to share what he learned from the world’s most beautiful game, including what guided him through these years: the values he intends to transmit, maybe to those who today dream of wearing that Number 10 jersey.”

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Had to post it twice to get your point across, my sweet? :D

I get what you are saying, and it would only be a matter of time before there would be a somewhat oppsing viewpoint to my post, and let me preface this by saying that I appreciate that your retort was done in a professional manner.

In regards to certain points that you have made in your post, allow me to provide a semblance of a counterargument.

Your first point in Alex being disappointed in the announcement being made so soon into the season. If i remember correctly, this wasn't something that Agnelli had told the media, this was something that he had told the board, and it leaked out. With that being said, if you are in the position that Agnelli is in, you certainly cannot save face either way once this information was leaked. You can't go to the board, who happen to be your bosses, and say "oops, I didn't mean that". Nor can you go to the media and deny anything that has already been leaked out. It is a no win situation. So , in essence, should he have not said anything to the board of directors? He can't NOT say anything to them. He is responsible for conveying the message of the future plans of the club to the board,a nd if Alex, at the time, was not part of the future, then it is certainly his responsibility to tell them. It just so happened that it got leaked out to the media. That's the media for you. We either complain about not having enough information, or too much information.

Now in regards to the situation where Alex would get a chance to score his 300th goal in a Juventus uniform, well, obviously all of us would love to see that. However, it is painfuly obvious that the one position that this club is lacking is in attack. A combination of 1 or possibly 2 new strikers, plus Alex's advancing age (Age is going to play a factor into this, whether anyone wants to admit as such), plus the three attackers who could still very well still be on this squad, is only going to push him further down the list. It's unfair to him, as it is to any club legend, and I think that he realizes that above any sort of professional goal that he would still want to achieve with Juve. The worst thing that could happen is the public perception that Alex is simply "hanging on" to achieve 300 goals in a Juve shirt. I would think that he is too prideful for that.

To your last point, that eye of the club has been cast towards Alex when times were tough, and more often than not, he has come through. But there has to come a time, if anyone is a fan of the club, that they will need to realize that it will be time to move on, that they can't keep looking to that corner of the locker room and know that Alex will save us. You speak of presence. The best example of presence for a football team is the presence on the pitch itself. With all of these factors coming into play, he will more than likely end up being a figurehead more than anything else, and this man still wants to play. I simply can't see him being comfortable another season with him getting very little playing time.
Everything about me these days seems to double when posting in this thread; emotions, vulnerability and the number of identical posts :p

Agnelli's announcement took place in a meeting with shareholders. Del Piero's case, obviously, can't be a matter of life and death to the shareholders' future decisions. There were/are other players whose futures were/are uncertain and we need(ed) to make decisions about them come the end of this season. Agnelli could have told them that Ale's future was going to be decided on by the end of the season and this was the player who would have the last say on whether or not he'd stay at the club for one more year. This simple response, which is imo the only way Juve should have treated a legend of Del Piero's status in, wouldn't have upset the balance sheets or prevented "the bosses" to have a clear image of the whole club's future. The club however, took the first opportunity to jump at what Alex had probably told them privately, and this was most probably what Alex was disappointed about.

I never said Alex is/should be hanging on to set a new record, I said he certainly would take these motives into considerations before making a final decision about finishing his career abroad. That's why I say this is not a decision he's making willingly because knowing him, he'd easily delay the adventure for one more year if he didn't feel he was being shown the door by the club.

You know how this was going to be a proper farewell to the most precious era I experienced as a Juve fan? That the club would let Del Piero decide on his own terms, to show him more respect and treat him in the way nobody else deserves. Players come and go and the club stays. Everything, good or bad, finally comes to an end but the club needs to move on and build the future. This is the right thing to do which I have no problem with whatsoever. However, something big about Juve died in me not because I'm going to have to get used to a Juve without Del Piero, but because I expected to see his story have a properer finale which is perhaps a bit too sentimental but isn't it what being a fan about after all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)