Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (84 Viewers)

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
I think it was less about Pepe and more to do with the fact that he just can't score. Either he'll fuck up himself, the goalkeeper will make a good save or someone from Juve will fuck up what should be an easy goal for DP, as it was the case with Pepe's pass. He was laughing in desperation.
True. Same smile when he was subbed.
Was a painful smile to watch.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I felt sorry for him throughout his woeful performance. He seemed like a man trying to soak up as much of the atmosphere as possible, knowing, with more certainty after every bad pass, every time he was caught out instantly for pace, every shot which went wayward, that such sensations won’t be afforded him for much longer. Should have scored two goals. Nowhere near the force to be reckoned with we are all do desperate to see of him, in his final season at the club. We carried him for the time he was on the pitch, which is preferable to the past, when he carried the rest of the team…Unlikely to start against any of the big boys, when sorely lacking sharpness (which is understandable, for he is 37 and has hardly played any competitive action).

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Del Piero still has it. Its just that he doesnt have enough game time. And continuity. This is what is hurting him, not lack of skill or pace. It's really unfortunate, because if he had been a starter from day one, then he would be where Matri/Vucinic is on the scoring charts, realistically speaking.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Del Piero still has it. Its just that he doesnt have enough game time. And continuity. This is what is hurting him, not lack of skill or pace. It's really unfortunate, because if he had been a starter from day one, then he would be where Matri/Vucinic is on the scoring charts, realistically speaking.
Probably more. Considering the chances he creates for himself each-time he plays.

Like this time when he came on min 84-85, hit the post with a header and the 2nd one he had a good shot that was saved.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Na, realistically Rabbijaan, I think he'd have 6, maybe 7 because if he was playing, he'd probably be creating more for the CF than himself. And he'd have his chances from FKs too.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
He should always. Even if Pirlo is on.
He should do corners too, I'm sick of Pirlo's short corners, unless it's a team tactic. Which is obviously not working.
Look at Quags goal. We need to do that more, we never make use of corners.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I felt sorry for him throughout his woeful performance. He seemed like a man trying to soak up as much of the atmosphere as possible, knowing, with more certainty after every bad pass, every time he was caught out instantly for pace, every shot which went wayward, that such sensations won’t be afforded him for much longer. Should have scored two goals. Nowhere near the force to be reckoned with we are all do desperate to see of him, in his final season at the club. We carried him for the time he was on the pitch, which is preferable to the past, when he carried the rest of the team…Unlikely to start against any of the big boys, when sorely lacking sharpness (which is understandable, for he is 37 and has hardly played any competitive action).
His performance wasn't as woeful as your post is.

Two goals? Which goal chances do you refer to? Unlike Giac and Pepe, he didn't miss any clear chance. He was unlucky that his two good curly shots went out. The shot with his left foot was bad but in no way was it a clear goal chance. He had a good game overall.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Hoori he should've had one goal yesterday and I think he knows it too. But having said that he always got into good positions so I wouldn't say he had a bad game.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He should always. Even if Pirlo is on.
He should do corners too, I'm sick of Pirlo's short corners, unless it's a team tactic. Which is obviously not working.
Look at Quags goal. We need to do that more, we never make use of corners.
I think it's a tactic. Maybe based on Conte's possession game. So they don't like losing possession thru corners too maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)