Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (219 Viewers)

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
While it's really sad that he's leaving, in a way I'm happy since a lot of the people that are not Juve fans and are only about Del Piero will leave the forum. Reading his thread was annoying.

Besides, with his age and the way he plays, it was really obvious this was coming. He's not dead and he'll still play a role at the club again I'm sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
Galliani: 'Del Piero to Milan?'

Adriano Galliani has opened the door for Alessandro Del Piero to continue his career at Milan. “Many of our stars retired at 40.”

Juventus announced this week that Del Piero would leave the club at the end of this season, although he might not necessarily retire from football.

“We nearly signed Del Piero in 1993 and failing to do that remains one of the great regrets of my career,” confessed Vice-President Galliani to Sky Sport Italia.

“The fact remains that before he went to Juve, Milan were interested in the player.

“Is it never too late? I have learned to define players as talented or mediocre, not young or old. I always prefer a talent to a youngster.

“After all, many of our stars like Paolo Maldini and Billy Costacurta retired at 40. Pippo Inzaghi is 38 and still playing for us.”

Del Piero had hinted he would not play for another Serie A side after Juventus, but with Milan legend Andrea Pirlo moving to Turin this summer following a decade at San Siro, anything is possible.

--------------------------
Great. Now Milan wants him.
Didn't they try to do that in 2005 was it? I even remember Alex showing some affection to milan.
Do they wanna get back at us after taking Pirlo?

This makes me worried!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As for the debate that is going on here, why can't those who don't see anything wrong with what Agnelli said leave the others alone? It's their opinion on the matter and everyone should respect it. Whether they think it is insulting or they want to stop supporting Juventus or start supporting whatever team Alex plays for it's their damn choice and opinion and who are we to tell them to do or what to do. As matters are right now, we are all fans of the same club and no one is a bigger fan than the other and no one has the right to tell others how or how not to support a club.

Each and every time the degree of supporting this club is questioned, I get disgusted. I was called an Inter fan because I don't like Moggi, others were called fake fans because they buy knock off jerseys, some are said to be non-fans until they go watch a match live. Who the fuck are you to judge who is fan and who is not? You are just a fucking random internet user blabbering shit from behind your screen. Grow the fuck up and respect the others for their opinions, bitch. *Jesse Pinkman style*

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Good post, JCK, but some of your message doesn't quite hit the bullseye. First of all, there aren't people in this thread who "don't see anything wrong with what Agnelli said". These people have all said that they found the timing and place of Agnelli's announcement strange, but their message is rather: Let's wait until we get the whole story, especially till we hear from Alex, before we jump to any conclusions. Second of all, no one is telling anyone how to support the club. Some people are merely pointing out that they, themselves, consider the sort of fan who abandons the club because of a player "disgusting" or that it is "sad" etc.

As far as respecting opinions go, I agree with you to some extent, but there's a difference between respecting someone's right to have an opinion, which I'm sure most of us do, and respecting the actual opinion. It must be allowed not to respect particular opinions. Like some may not respect this one. I'm perfectly fine with that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good post, JCK, but some of your message doesn't quite hit the bullseye. First of all, there aren't people in this thread who "don't see anything wrong with what Agnelli said". These people have all said that they found the timing and place of Agnelli's announcement strange, but their message is rather: Let's wait until we get the whole story, especially till we hear from Alex, before we jump to any conclusions. Second of all, no one is telling anyone how to support the club. Some people are merely pointing out that they, themselves, consider the sort of fan who abandons the club because of a player "disgusting" or that it is "sad" etc.

As far as respecting opinions go, I agree with you to some extent, but there's a difference between respecting someone's right to have an opinion, which I'm sure most of us do, and respecting the actual opinion. It must be allowed not to respect particular opinions. Like some may not respect this one. I'm perfectly fine with that.
What if some are saying that there is nothing wrong what what Agnelli said?

And what if some don't want to support Juve after Ale retires.

No one is allowed to call those Agnelli lovers nor society members as it is not allowed to call those who don't want to support the club anymore as sad or disgusting. The fan thing is not being said directly but it is implicated as far as I know. Hey I am a better fan than you because I believe that the club is bigger than the player.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

What if some are saying that there is nothing wrong what what Agnelli said?

And what if some don't want to support Juve after Ale retires.

No one is allowed to call those Agnelli lovers nor society members as it is not allowed to call those who don't want to support the club anymore as sad or disgusting. The fan thing is not being said directly but it is implicated as far as I know. Hey I am a better fan than you because I believe that the club is bigger than the player.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Well, the way I see it, saying that "the club is bigger than the player" doesn't necessarily mean that one can negate "I am a better fan" from that very same sentence. If so, it would have to be in there as an indirect and subtle part of it, which would require more context in order to deduce the true meaning. And I agree, in some cases, the phrasing might have the meaning you're suggesting. But not always.

I don't quite see that the people who, in this thread, have said that "the club is greater than the player" have tried to tell their counterparts that they, themselves, are better fans.

This is one side of it.

The other is a more concrete one: If a person stops following the club when his or her favourite player leaves, then this person must be considered a lesser fan of Juventus than the fan who doesn't. I mean, it's just a fact. The person obviously doesn't have the same ties to the club as the fan who stays on to support the club. This side of the matter is not based on opinion nor respect or anything like that; just facts.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
But, JCK... name-calling such as "Agnelli lover" and those who called you interista just for not supporting Moggi etc. That's just silly and shouldn't occur. I agree with that part.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Coach: If he becomes a great coach. Juventus should only hire great coaches. But I have indeed dreamed of seeing Del Piero coach the club. I think most Juve-fans have. It's a wetdream!
Director: Probably the most likely role for him once his playing days are over.
Chairman: I'd love to see him do a "Boniperti", yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 213)