Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (232 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
del piero's playing quality is dropping fast since 2008/2009

its good that he took this difficult decision to end when he still has a few good substitutions left in him.
Look who's here..

I thought someone calling Del Piero Grandpa and not wanting him to play this season would post more sooner since the news popped up.

Why did it take you so much time to post in Grandpa's thread?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Oh I see, it's the "I'm bigger fan than you". Thankfully, I got over this like 6-7 years ago.
Did you really? since you ocasionlly mention that if you are not DP fan how can you be Juve fan? and since you are a DP fan that would impy you think you aer a bigger fan.

Anyway, people are getting upset by nothing, this just touched a soft spot in many people and now we can see a bi overreaction.

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
respect should be given to who deserves it and del piero deserves it not just from the management but from the fans, as juve fans we are obliged to respect del piero for what he has done for us, but as a del piero fan id never respect the management for how theyre treating him and the past old guard. i dont care if hes 36, i dont care if he cant offer what he used to offer, but his name alone should make him rule juventus the way he wants too, if they dont want to extend his contract because of his age or his performances, and some people here are saying hes got a few subs in him and that his time has expired? then i say FU, why is iaquinta, amauri, motta and grosso still in the team, why did grygera, pepe, motta and luca toni even make it, and why the fuck is toni being paid and not being told to pack up and leave? you can say it publicly to trez nedved and DP but u cant say it to the dipshits we have? del piero is juve, whenever u say juve u remeber del piero,and vice versa, just give the fucking man the respect he deserves

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Did you really? since you ocasionlly mention that if you are not DP fan how can you be Juve fan? and since you are a DP fan that would impy you think you aer a bigger fan.
I didn't get this. I'll explain myself though..

I used to think I'm the biggest Juve fan out there and that no one loves this team more than me and it was a normal thing, boys pass through this phase, thankfully, I don't think this way anymore because one sees things differently with time.

What some here are trying to make me and Hoori look like was something I'd pull 5 years ago maybe.

I've honestly had enough of the, "Will you support Juve after Del Piero retires and the no player is bigger than Club" I've been reading this since 2004 and it sickens me to the point I smile when I see members posting this numerously.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I know, but you sometimes talk a "bit" passionatly and that sometimes might come off as you trying to look a bigger fan, that's just the way I see it.

And it's no point in pointing fingers now whos bigger fan then who, some people just fallow players more then care about t he clubs these players play, (when talking about this ibrahimovic fans comes to mind) but with DP since he's all about Juve it's stange that after so much time, because most of the DP fans are from his early days, one can stop fallowing Juve after DP retires. I can undestand Hoori pasition though, if she thought that Juve mistreated DP very badly then yeah it's more logical, but to just stop fallowing a club in this situation is strange to me.

This is not about oyu Rab or Hoori personally, just my personal feelings on the situation.

Oh, and so far I don't want to overeact and overanalize stuff about the statement. I will wait it out and then see if it was actualy disrespectfull or in the end it turned all ok.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
In training yesterday in the bitter cold of Turin, all eyes were fixed on the captain Alessandro Del Piero, with flashes of the photographers on the sideline to catch any resent expressions, or scowls of the number 10 after the announcement of President Agnelli. Well, Del Piero sweatshirt and hat pulled down to protect the head from the cold has dispensed smiles, jokes and great peace of mind, often conversing with the Conte, Chiellini and all other companions during the bucking and testing tactics and ball movement . In training he laughs, softening absurd rumors of tension with society, the Juventus Stadium all await his tongue. :touched:

TMW

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
In training yesterday in the bitter cold of Turin, all eyes were fixed on the captain Alessandro Del Piero, with flashes of the photographers on the sideline to catch any resent expressions, or scowls of the number 10 after the announcement of President Agnelli. Well, Del Piero sweatshirt and hat pulled down to protect the head from the cold has dispensed smiles, jokes and great peace of mind, often conversing with the Conte, Chiellini and all other companions during the bucking and testing tactics and ball movement . In training he laughs, softening absurd rumors of tension with society, the Juventus Stadium all await his tongue. :touched:

TMW
have been awaiting his tongue for the past 15 years.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
well personally speaking supporting Juve for me is like a marriage, you invest time and effort to make sure you get the most from it, although Del Piero played a influential role in my introduction to football, losing him won't make me stop supporting the club, after all it is inevitable that players do one day leave/retire, but with every one lost, a new one arrives, perhaps not immedietely, but over time.
Exactly, you invest too much time and effort, sacrifices, dreams and expectations, that you practically become a part of it.
I can believe there can be a DP fan, that is not, even in a decent degree a Juve fan.

Mercenaries like Ibra fans came and gone, but ppl supporting this club, even for DP alone, are Juventini for so long, that they have become a part of the team and the team has become a part of them.
Losing a part/player, even the greatest/best part of it, does not mean that you are automatically lose all the feeling you have for this team.

For boys, being a part of a team/group becomes really important as they grow up and it eventually defines them so much, that is actually becomes a point of refference.

Therefore i believe that Juve wont suffer pretty much at losing many fans, because the fans that were made Juve fans since DPs prime, are Juventini for so long, that Juve has become a part of them.
I m more worried about the new generations, that have no such iconic figures to aspire...
We will stop creating new breeds of Juve fanatics and our popularity will drop dramatically in a few years, esp as long as we are not competitive and do not have iconic champions like DP, that are so important, that can even attract other players on the team.

Thats why i believe that the team, will benefit many more times his salary if we keep him.

But its also up to DP, i think he actually wants to retire, but of course he is not a quitter and as long as he can offer his services and there is an efford to focus upon, he will be there.
In fact i believe that fighting for Juve, for an ultimate challenge is the only thing that could keep him in football.
He has nothing to prove anymore, he is wealthy and a legend, one more year in a random club wont change much, he will do to us a favor if he stays, rather than us doing him a favor.

Milan could afford to lose Pirlo, they have the funds buy a better succesor, also the promise on Pato and Ibra than can aspire more fans than Pirlo, we cannot replace DP's role, in our team, off the field.

DP knows that as well, and he is also a very wise, mature and calculated man.
He will choose the best for Juve. I believe that he already made his decision to retire this year, by the end of last season and Agnellli just leaked it kind of unproffesionally, like the do with pretty much everything...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
this is the first year i havn't bought a del piero shirt, instead i bought a vidal one, I think ill have to make another visit to the Juve store in a few months and get a Del Piero one for the very last time by the looks of things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 223)