Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (108 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I don't get why it has to be a del piero vs. diego thing...

I've seen Del Piero's worse seasons, just before Capello era. Frustrating. But for the last few seasons, he has been important. Which is frightening.

Because at 35, he shouldn't be our main protagonist. Diego offered hope of regeneration. Thats why even though he wasn't a messiah, even though his contribution was limited last season, His technique, class and glimpses of brilliance offered us hope.

Since Ibra, we've only ever had Diego (and perhaps Gio) as the brilliant talent. As much as I admire DP, we all must be thinking his time will come soon. And thats why I'm dissapointed that Diego left without significant technically gifted replacement.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I don't get why it has to be a del piero vs. diego thing...

I've seen Del Piero's worse seasons, just before Capello era. Frustrating. But for the last few seasons, he has been important. Which is frightening.

Because at 35, he shouldn't be our main protagonist. Diego offered hope of regeneration. Thats why even though he wasn't a messiah, even though his contribution was limited last season, His technique, class and glimpses of brilliance offered us hope.

Since Ibra, we've only ever had Diego (and perhaps Gio) as the brilliant talent. As much as I admire DP, we all must be thinking his time will come soon. And thats why I'm dissapointed that Diego left without significant technically gifted replacement.
I am with you 100% on this, mr Vonam, but...lets wait and see what aquilani is capable of. I hate the idea of a 35 year old, del piero or anyone else, been given a starting place in our first XI...

Aug 17, 2007
:sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio: :sergio:

So many stupid posts here the last three days, it's really hard to answer...but i'll try to it in one long post:

1. Good to know you hate the team and the season is over after one match. I'm sure Inter, Roma and Real Madrid fans say the same stuff.

2. Yeah, Ale was bad vs. Bari. So? the whole team sucked. Giorgio, Claudio, Fabio, Milos, Simone, Paolo...What about them? i guess it's Dp's fault.

3. We played a good, trained team, in one of the toughest stadiums in Serie A. Even Inter couldn't beat Bari last year (1-1 and 2-2), and it's seems like they gonna give some hard time to the big teams this season too.

4. Don't forget we had no other options upfront. What the fuck do you want from Ale? Yeah he sucked, he was tired and looked bad. That happens. too bad we had no other forwards. But like Gigi said, he HAD to play and he sacrified a lot, and i can tell you for sure that he ran more the Quag, who's 9 years younger and didn't play a single mintue on Thursday.

5. Fuck Diego, FUCK HIM. This guy gave one shitty season and two good matches in preseason and pepole here praise him like he's fucking Maradona. "in our hearts forever, never forget you!!"- shut the fuck up! who gives a fuck? yeah, he's a good player, but he's no longer juve player. and what exactly he gave to the team that he should be one of us 4ever? you 're fucking out of your damn mind.

6. One thing i do know- the guy who deserves this praise doesn't gets it. Instead you call him "Cancer" and "Bastard". for those who said those things let me tell you- You don't deserve our Capitano. go support Merda.

7. One thing i can't explain is why, why ffs every time we lose it's always DP's fault?? why?

8. And one more thing about Diego- Ale in fact was in Germany last week to seal the deal... :sergio:

9. I think it's the last time i answer those comments. The problem with DP haters is that when he's great it's like:"so what?" and when he has a bad match it's not "so what" but "RETIRE". I don't know how to start to explain you how idiots you are.

10. FUCK THE HATERS. Let's wait for next match when he'll fuck Samp and then we'll see what you have to say. FORZA ALE, FORZA JUVE

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
DP hater is the stupidest argument one could ever hear. I don't think its possible to support Juve and hate Del Piero. But its an easy way out of an argument, thats for sure.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Now I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories and I love DP as much as my other favourite Juve legends. But I tend to think he may have some influence on the comings and goings of certain players who may have been a threat to his position.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It was melodramatically funny thing to say before you called him a cancer to Juve and basically blamed our mercato failures from a decade to now on him, after that the dude saying something like that isnt so melodramatic.

Well Alen is like that, he always loves to wind people up, nothing new there.

I strongly strongly doubt that he actually has anything but love for Del Piero. I would be surprised if any Juventus fan actually hated him. It doesn't make sense.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Now I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories and I love DP as much as my other favourite Juve legends. But I tend to think he may have some influence on the comings and goings of certain players who may have been a threat to his position.
I doubt he had anything to do with pushing Diego out. I'm not saying he is an angel but I really just don't see it from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)