Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (83 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
Another chance for Del Piero is if he plays great in these last 4 rounds and brings us the 4th place.
Now that will be hard to ignore.

You know, Lippi wants to change tactics and I think that 4-3-3 will be one of the formations he'll use, with Di Natale and Camoranesi on the flanks. This formation is a problem for Del Piero, because when picking his players, I think that Lippi will give advantage to those who can play equally well in different formations and we know that Ale can't play so well on the wing or as an AMC, behind two strikers.
So I'm guessing Lippi will take 2 or 3 poachers (Gila? Pazzini? Borriello?) and from the other 3-4 he'll ask versatility. Totti can play as an AM and SS so even he has some kind of advantage over Ale.

But you never know. Lippi has a soft spot for Del Piero and lets face it, it's not like Italy has the talent Brazil, Argentina and Spain have. Del Piero might make it in the end. Chances for that are smaller than the chances not to make it, though.
Agree with all you just said. I think he may take 2 poachers + Iaq (he can play on the sides and also as a striker) and three SS. anyway i really hope Ale will be there...

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Alessandro Del Piero concedes “it’s an uphill struggle for fourth place,” but wants Juventus to end the season “with dignity.”

Last night’s 2-0 defeat at Inter has further dented their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.

“We will try to get 12 points from the remaining four rounds, then we’ll see where we are,” wrote the captain on his official website.

“The San Siro game was strongly affected by the incidents that went against us. We are disappointed, as it was not the result we were looking for.

“Unfortunately it is now an uphill struggle for fourth place and it no longer depends only on our results.”

Even the Europa League is not a certainty, as Juve could be leapfrogged by Napoli tomorrow, while Fiorentina, Parma and Genoa are only five points adrift.

“We still have another four games to end the season with dignity and out of respect for those who support us. They are suffering right along with us during this very difficult campaign.”

FI

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm a huge DP fan-boy (d'uuuh :D), but him going to SA would require a miracle. I just don't see it happening...

Maybe it's for better, cause IMO Azzurri will get humiliated there a la Euro2004, or Confederations Cup last year, maybe even worse.

Jul 5, 2006
17.04.2010 AFTER INTER-JUVE MATCH
The match at San Siro was strongly affected by what happened on the pitch. Those episodes penalized our game, but the result is clear...another defeat. We are disappointed, because we didn't manage to perform as we wanted and didn't obtain the result we were looking for.

Unfortunately, the race for the 4th place becomes tougher and tougher and it doesn't depend only on us. We still have four games to play to wrap up our season with dignity out of respect for those who support and suffer with us in this very difficult period.

Let's get 12 points and then face the final situation.

Alessandro

Post your comments on Facebook

http://www.alessandrodelpiero.com/en/news/11320
..***..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)