Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (135 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think he must be used in another way...

But with the problems we have in our management and coaching...is almost impossible to find a solution for DP right now.

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
its time giovinco got more minutes than del piero...modern football relies heavily on speed and at 35 i think that dimension of del piero's game is pretty much over

i love ale but its time we moved on...even raul is sitting on the bench now fro real

Dp has been slow for the last 4-5 years....i still believe he can be useful when he is in form. But Ferrara rushed him back too soon.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008
well, what i feared became true, and that is that the return of Ale and the obligatory change of formation took his toll.

This was a sad sad day for the captain, but not only for him but for a whole bunch of players too.

Forza Ale, but really he needs a rest.
Rest him? He just came back.
From resting he'll get even worser.
That's the problem. He's totally out of match fitness and he still suffers from his injuries. He didn't play for months and he's 35, he can't just come back and explode.
Yesterday he had some ball controls were I thought Yeah, kingAle! Show them! but then he gave it away with a bad, bad pass. This is a thing that only comes back when he stays out of injury and actually plays. He's totally out of the game.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If you meant mood, that's how I feel after yesterday's match. Not just respond or discuss anything, even I am in no mood to read the forum..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Dont take it personal fellas. I love him too. But simpy he should not be used right now. Now in the way Ferara is doing it. Al what it does is to throw more pressure on him, when he doesnt deserve that.

Is not his fault is ferrara´s.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Rest him? He just came back.
From resting he'll get even worser.
That's the problem. He's totally out of match fitness and he still suffers from his injuries. He didn't play for months and he's 35, he can't just come back and explode.
Yesterday he had some ball controls were I thought Yeah, kingAle! Show them! but then he gave it away with a bad, bad pass. This is a thing that only comes back when he stays out of injury and actually plays. He's totally out of the game.
That is spot on.

We find ourselves in a very difficult situation right now.

Alex needs playing time if he's ever gonna return to his form. But at the same time, him playing does us more bad than good.

SABSAB

Snoop Stinks
Dec 10, 2008

09.12.2009 Little to say, but a lot to do

It is really difficult to find the right words, also because in such cases there isn't a lot to say. But there's a lot to do. But it is only fair to clear up some points before starting all over again after such a defeat, after such a bitter disappointment as leaving the Champions League competition. First of all: there isn't just one person to blame, there isn't nobody to proclaim guilty. We are all to blame equally, without exception. And we'll be fighting together to get out of this difficult moment. In this period the word 'I' doesn't exist, only the word 'we' and we are all well-aware of that. Surely enough I'm not satisfied with my performance yesterday and far from happy with everything what happened yesterday, but unfortunately it's impossible to delete anything.
We are learning from our mistakes and we'll be working hard.
Period. Nothing else to add.

Alessandro

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
What a man.... I personally think he's been thrown back in since being out. I thougth he would be eased back in. I really feel for him at this moment.

He doesn't need it but i really want to see Juve win the title again before he retires

He's an absolute legend to me and in the current game I idolise noone else. Generally there is shortage of great players nowadays and players with honour such as Del Piero are in even shorter supply.

The day he retires will be a very very sad day :(

Let's hope he plays on for a few more yet. I know he can't expect to start games all the time now but i would love to have him as cameo impact sub to bring on like Chelsea did with Zola in his final years

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Del Piero is NOT a super sub. That's the bottom line. Right now it's obvious he's not at 100%. In past years he's acted as the link between midfield and forward but now that's Diego's job and Ale is playing as more of a striker. It's very clear to me at least that Diego isn't doing what his position in the formation is supposed to and seeing that all of our tried formations is built around a trequartista we're doomed unless Diego steps it up. For those who saw the match vs Bayern, someone tell me how many times Diego passed the ball to Del Piero? I was looking and amazed to see how many times he could have passed to ADP and didn't. And most of those times he ended up trying to do too much and losing the ball. I don't know what he's trying to prove...but it certainly isn't working. Del Piero is the most selfless player and his game always has been looking for the best scoring opportunity for the team...not always taking the shot. Right now we have players on the field who do the opposite (mainly Diego & Amauri) and players who just can't pass (melo)....do I lie?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Did he just say the word I doesn't exist and then in the very next sentence talk about his performance in the first person?
LOL, he was obviously taking away pressure(in a figurative and solidarity way) by Ciro or Melo and Diego being heavily scapegoated in the media. Then he mentionned himself to point out he was far from happy of his performance. Its called talking about two different things, have you heard of it? :p

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
i read that ale or trez will start alongside amauri in bari...why for the love of god the brazilian still gets credit? bench him. he's in bad shape for, i don't know, 10 months...
And Del Piero is playing well? Get Gio to the pitch and play with one striker, Trez probably, that would be the best thing to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 117)