Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (135 Viewers)

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
When a player gets over 30 they need to rest to be fit for when they do play. At United, Giggs and Scholes warm the bench a lot also, even though they have more soccer intelligence in their pinkies then the rest of the team combined

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What the man has to do to satisfy some of you, dribble the entire opponent and score a hattrick?

The man was defending attacking pressing doing everything. He ran a lot, and when I say a lot it means a lot.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
What the man has to do to satisfy some of you, dribble the entire opponent and score a hattrick?

The man was defending attacking pressing doing everything. He ran a lot, and when I say a lot it means a lot.
:agree: and it took amazing cool to take that penalty like he did.

FORZA ALEX!

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It could be Ale's last chance to win the CL whilst playing an important role for the team and it's too bitter for me who has loved this man from the very first days I started being a football fan. Having said that, I still believe you cannot predict anything about Ale since he continuously has been proving how he can come up with a surprise. The only thing you can say about him with certainty is that he is never finished, stopped or quenched.

I love this man.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
what will happen to the game if Del Piero is still 24 years old today?
Juventus 4-Chelsea 2
but I am proud of Juventus performed..they played with spirit!
Pity for Nedved...but his spirit forever will be with us!!
Forza DP! Forza Nedved!
Forza Juventus!!
Not quite. Ale was out for an entire year at 24 ;).

aman

Feb 9, 2004
True. They showed the statistics after the game, and I think he was one of our players that ran the most, along with Tiago. Kind of unexpected. But Del Piero really put on a selfless performance yesterday despite the fact that he's not in his best form at the moment. And what a truly beautiful penalty it was! Forza DP!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think DP was actually over rested, he looked sharp but not physically as strong as a few weeks ago. But none the less a great performance!!

His PK was a just a real laugh, the tensions were so high, it was insane to roll the ball like that, pure class, although Cech did move too early.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think DP was actually over rested, he looked sharp but not physically as strong as a few weeks ago. But none the less a great performance!!

His PK was a just a real laugh, the tensions were so high, it was insane to roll the ball like that, pure class, although Cech did move too early.
I don't want to look for poor excuses for our elimination and I know some will find it lame, but had some of our players not been rested like Trezegeut, Del Piero, Tiago etc things would have changed.

I still think Ale will play an important role in our next CL.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I don't want to look for poor excuses for our elimination and I know some will find it lame, but had some of our players not been rested like Trezegeut, Del Piero, Tiago etc things would have changed.

I still think Ale will play an important role in our next CL.
I certainly hope so, I feel both him and Nedved truly deserve to win something before they retire. Too bad for Nedved, but still some hope for Del Piero in CL.

I agree, I think too much rest reduced their game abit, I think they should've been rested max 1 game, more than that old players like DP can loose their match fitness quickly. (tricky huh?)

But a great game out of position for DP.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I certainly hope so, I feel both him and Nedved truly deserve to win something before they retire. Too bad for Nedved, but still some hope for Del Piero in CL.

I agree, I think too much rest reduced their game abit, I think they should've been rested max 1 game, more than that old players like DP can loose their match fitness quickly. (tricky huh?)

But a great game out of position for DP.
Ale has won a couple scudetti, a CL and a World Cup.

I think he has won something.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Ale has won a couple scudetti, a CL and a World Cup.

I think he has won something.
I meant, post Calciopoli. It would be legendary wouldn't it. A movie like ending so fitting.

"Juve legends who stayed on through serie B eventually guided the old lady back to the top of CL/Serie A, before they hung their boots and remembered forever."

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Christiano Ronaldo: "I particularly like [Alessandro] Del Piero; he is a unique and extraordinary footballer - a true professional for all the people who love this sport."
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 127)