Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (55 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Great penalty, but his overall form is very poor. In the game where he tried to dribble past bosingwa(dunno how it spells), he lost so easily. Sam but i think age is finally catching up with him.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Great penalty, but his overall form is very poor. In the game where he tried to dribble past bosingwa(dunno how it spells), he lost so easily. Sam but i think age is finally catching up with him.
quite possibly it finally is :cry: but i still can't imagine a juve after DP retires, weird as it seems

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Del Piero was almost sacrificed for the good of the team tonight.

He was played deep and he was double marked a lot of the time.

He created space for other players, though, and still made a couple chances.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
he was so fuckin tensed...i saw when the team came out of the tunnel...marchisio him and chiellini i think....and they we're talking without dp to say anything and he was in the middle...he was very concentrated about the game..bosingwa isn't materazzi u know...DP tried a lot in this match...and if u seen how many times he went to the middle of the field to do the link'ups between the players..i donno what is it with you fellas...for ages you complain about dp's age ..like you cannot wait and you ain't satisfied until he retires.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
he was so fuckin tensed...i saw when the team came out of the tunnel...marchisio him and chiellini i think....and they we're talking without dp to say anything and he was in the middle...he was very concentrated about the game..bosingwa isn't materazzi u know...DP tried a lot in this match...and if u seen how many times he went to the middle of the field to do the link'ups between the players..i donno what is it with you fellas...for ages you complain about dp's age ..like you cannot wait and you ain't satisfied until he retires.
I know, those are the kinda people who killed Janna D'Ark and Gallileo back in the day :D

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
how many times does ale have to be knocked before he comes back and shuts people's mouths, unfortunately, del piero is coming to the end, but he is still a formidable player, and was our top scorer in the champions league with 5 goals, i would say it's fair to say te del piero story is not over yet

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Eℓvin;1925740 said:
And suddenly age decided to catch up on him, right? 2 months is all it takes apparently.

All I'm gonna say is, watch DP closely the next 3 months...
Not suddenly, after all he is 34 already. He is my favorite player, but its so obvious that he has lost so much pace, i`m very happy that he plays intelligently using his head, and that is why he will be able to perform few years loner, but dont kid yourselfs, he is old, and it really shows.

And i`m not saying that age cought up with him just today, and he will not perform from this day on, but i cant see him keeping levels of previous and this seasons first half. I will be cheering and holding my fists for him to do it, and i hope he will! Forza Capitano:juventus:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
how many times does ale have to be knocked before he comes back and shuts people's mouths, unfortunately, del piero is coming to the end, but he is still a formidable player, and was our top scorer in the champions league with 5 goals, i would say it's fair to say te del piero story is not over yet
The whole concept is fucked up you know, forget about where's the end and where's "still got it". Just enjoy him while it lasts, people.

Forza Ale, grazie per esistere!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Del Piero was almost sacrificed for the good of the team tonight.

He was played deep and he was double marked a lot of the time.

He created space for other players, though, and still made a couple chances.
And his penalty was insane. It actually made me laugh :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 42)