Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (109 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Goal.com but found it interesting....

Agent: Juventus Legend Del Piero Worth As Much As Kaka

Claudio Pasqualin, Alessandro Del Piero's former agent, has stated that he thinks the Juventus No. 10 would be worth just as much as Kaka if only he were a few years younger.

Alessandro Del Piero's former agent Claudio Pasqualin believes that the Juventus legend, when in his prime, would command a similar fee as Brazilian ace Kaka, who is being touted as a €100 million target for Manchester City.

The Milan star has been heavily linked with a lucrative switch to the Premier League and it is strongly believed City are about to break the bank for him. Pasqualin, who was Del Piero's agent for several years, believes the Juve captain would be worth around the same amount of money if he was several years younger.

"A 27-year-old Del Piero would be equal to the best Kaka on the market," Pasqualin told Tuttosport.

"He is the best free-kick taker in the world and I think Sebastian Giovinco will learn a great deal from him.

"It will be like the times when Del Piero used to learn from [Roberto] Baggio."

Pasqualin believes he knows the reason behind Del Piero's relative failure with the national side, which has been the only blip on an otherwise outstanding career.

"I think Alex can play until he is 38. The only problem has been with the Italy team," stated the agent.

"Del Piero has never felt like a leader with the Nazionale; he has never been decisive. I think Juve are his national team."

Del Piero will be in action on Sunday when his side travel to Rome to clash with Lazio.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thats why I said he's no Beckham. He's too class too join a club like LA Galaxy when he's playing at the highest level performing on top. LA suits Beckham where he can join Milan on loan for 60days :howler: and says he's playing for the biggest club in Italy and that they can still win the league.

Ale is just too class for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)