Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (149 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
My thoughts before Ale's freekick.

"He already took a couple this game, maybe he should give Nedved or even Tiago a chance".

"30 yards? I doubt he'll get it on target. I don't know why he insists on taking these long range freekicks, they are clearly not his specialty. all because of that Zenith game".

"Can he actually do it?"

"Come on Ale, I believe in you. We need this goal to fend of the Romans. Fuck. It's too far. Even if it's on target, Doni should have no problems with it".

"It's ok, maybe we can get a corner or something".

He shoots and scores an insanely beautiful and unstoppable freekick from 30 yards.

"-----------------------------------"

"---------------------------------"

" Blank "

" You brilliant motherfucker!!!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!"
never doubt the master!

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Del Piero denies Ranieri rift

Juventus talisman Alessandro Del Piero claims that his relationship with Claudio Ranieri works despite recent reports to the contrary.

Del Piero and other members of the Juventus 'old guard' allegedly lost faith in Ranieri after they went four games without a win earlier this season.

“It was not my personal question with the trainer,” Del Piero explained. “It was a question of general rapport.

“We worked a lot on the head during the international break, we had to improve many things, and in these cases talking is always useful.”

Juventus dropped to ninth place in Serie A after two draws with Catania and Sampdoria were followed by defeats to Palermo and Napoli.

They have since won three on the bounce and have climbed to sixth place where they are four points off the lead.

“We ought to have had and we still should have chats, also with the trainer, with whom I have a relationship that functions.”

Del Piero scored a wonderful free kick in Juventus' 2-0 victory against Roma on Saturday and believes that win gives the side confidence ahead of their trip to Real Madrid on Wednesday.

“The initiative and great play of the team have rewarded us. Now we need to have continuity to close this cycle, reconciling important games with good results, starting in Madrid.

Juventus beat Real 2-1 two weeks ago and currently top Champions League Group H after three games.

Channel4.com

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ro-snubbed-inexplicably-for-individual-honors

Alessandro Del Piero Snubbed Inexplicably for Individual Honors

by Nathan Lowe

Alessandro Del Piero was omitted from contention for any of the major individual European and World football honors despite sculpting an Italian renaissance last season for Juventus.

The Italian led the Serie A in scoring, netting 21 times for his beloved club while also contributing directly to many of strike-partner Trezeguet's 20 goals.

In fact, it was the diminutive Del Piero who set up the Frenchman on the last day of the season to equal his own tally for the year, only to cheekily score again in the match while Trezeguet stood open in front of an empty net.

Perhaps his absence in the award ceremonies highlights the over-emphasis FIFA places on international competition, as Del Piero didn't have much of a year wearing the blue of his nation, and Juventus did not compete in the Champion's League.

Nor was his impact on Serie A impressive to France Football, who snubbed the player in the shortlist for the Ballon d'Or.

To further complicate matters and contribute to this strange coincidence, Del Piero was not shortlisted for either FifPro award—the individual honor or the World XI list, which is voted on by players.

Despite, at the age of 34, leading all scorers in the Italian top flight, the aging genius did not even get a mention.

Many of his goals during 2007/2008 were downright crackers. Classy finishes on breakaways, curling and driven free-kicks, and clinical finishes inside the box.

It's inexplicable how the man who led the Italian line on FIFA 96, as John Motson invariably yelled "Del Piero.. Del Piero!", could lead all scorers 11 years later and not even cordially make a shortlist.

Kaka made the final XI for the FifPro award, and is expected to challenge Ronaldo for both the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year, despite AC Milan failing to qualify for the Champion's League. Del Piero appeared seven more times in the top flight than the young Brazilian, scoring six more goals.

Kaka scored twice in eight appearances for Milan during their disappointing Champion's League campaign.

Del Piero somehow evaded any accolades for his brilliance last season, but the masterful Italian deservedly has all my plaudits in writing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)