Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (100 Viewers)

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Del Piero should annouce his retirement from NT after being humiliated by Donadoni. The donkey doesn;t really want to play DP in the first place. DP got called becoz he was the top scorer and was under pressure from the media. 2nd game against Romania DP was poor esp in second half due to the tactic which only played crossing from the wing for a tall & powerful striker to attack which doesn;t suit DP at all. Don didn;t hav the guts to sub Toni for once(he was no.3 the top ten most dissapointed stars in euro2008 of a website i read) and played maybe Cassano+DP combo?
but it's over now and DP should retired from NT for goodness sake and try to win the Seria A and Champions League for Juventus. That's his real mission. No more humiliation in the NT, enough of Donadoni.
The season starts here for DP, champion league needs a star like him, a true Italian star=)

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
he should retire, but not like this...he must have another
big moment, not a 10 minute cameo
nah , men , there will be no more big moments for him in NT , he can play couple of more qualifaying matches and that's it. WC is in two years he will be 36 by then i doubt that he will get a call up.

IMO the best thing for him would be to retire from NT and gives what he has left in him to Juve

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
In any case if Lippi returns as la gazzeta dello sport is saying today, then, the scenario will be different for Ale

On the other hand if Donadoni stays I think he will retire, and it will be fair. He shouldnt have gone to the Euro in the first place. He has been humilleted by an idiot that has never won anything, a looser that is the world champion DT only because he has friends in the right place, mean Albertini ( by the way another big looser)

Anyway today I have the feeling of re starting... ok Euro is over, let´s start talking about JUVE that is the important thing :weee:

In 3 weeks we ll start all over again

:flag2:

Jun 23, 2008
Don says he wanted to bring on Ale earlier in the match, but since De Rossi was having problems with his leg, he was affraid to do so. To be honest, I can understand that. What I simply cannot understand, is why Don brought on Di Natale before Ale. I guess Ale will always have to pay a larger price after a bad performance (Italy-Romania, although Italy only played the long ball so Ale couldn't help it) then others.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I dont want his international career to end like this but can we expect him to keep going? thats whats frustrating me the most in my head i pictured him playing a crucial role in winning the euros for the Azzuri to make up for euro 2000 but now this.

by the way i cant wait to the emirates cup, do you guys think he will be ready time to play in it or will he be on holiday?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 93)