Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (51 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't think we'll see another Del Piero soon. For me personally he's my football icon and when he quits there will not be any other player I will like as much. Part of that has obviously to do with the fact I supported Alex ever since I was really young and being an adult you don't get hyped up as fast.
Sad but true. Same here.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 12, 2008
Don says he wanted to bring on Ale earlier in the match, but since De Rossi was having problems with his leg, he was affraid to do so. To be honest, I can understand that. What I simply cannot understand, is why Don brought on Di Natale before Ale. I guess Ale will always have to pay a larger price after a bad performance (Italy-Romania, although Italy only played the long ball so Ale couldn't help it) then others.
De Rossi having problems... but shooting the penalty?!?!? :confused:

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I don't think we'll see another Del Piero soon. For me personally he's my football icon and when he quits there will not be any other player I will like as much. Part of that has obviously to do with the fact I supported Alex ever since I was really young and being an adult you don't get hyped up as fast.
I have been running away from the obvious for many years now, and the day when dp is retiring is getting closer. Honestly when that happens my passion for the game in general might just die.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I have been running away from the obvious for many years now, and the day when dp is retiring is getting closer. Honestly when that happens my passion for the game in general might just die.[/QUOTE]

Only a part of my passion for the game will die when he retires but it is a big and important part that if it wasnt for it i would probably never of been anywhere near as big of a fan than i am today. He will never be replaced just as Raul or Maldini will never be replaced football today is losing its club heros and fan players because of how much money is influencing the game. I see potential in Giovinco to become a Juve great from years to come but as many of my friends try to explain to me, these days everyone has a price and no one is likely to stay at a big club that long anymore and this is whats causing my passion for the game to die.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I have been running away from the obvious for many years now, and the day when dp is retiring is getting closer. Honestly when that happens my passion for the game in general might just die.
I feel the same way. Del Piero was one of the things the really got me into football. I don't think I'll ever have a "favourite current player" after DP has retired.

Hopefully he'll have a good couple of years before all that though.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Del Piero Buffon Chiellini

;)
I'm pretty sure Chiellini doesn't count as being over 23, as he was part of the squad that qualified for the Olympics. Same with Nocerino, Palladino, etc.
Nah, we have to qualify to the CL. We need them along with giovinco, DC and Marchisio.

I hope that our 3 youngsters wont play in the olympics.
Why not?

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I feel the same way. Del Piero was one of the things the really got me into football. I don't think I'll ever have a "favourite current player" after DP has retired.

Hopefully he'll have a good couple of years before all that though.
Same here

Im sure he has amazing years left, but what I want for him is to win the CL, end his career on a climax.

I wonder if there would be any way of meeting him someday, just to tell him how for 15 years he has given us more joy than maybe our own siblings, and a passion that will last for all of our lives.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Same here

Im sure he has amazing years left, but what I want for him is to win the CL, end his career on a climax.

I wonder if there would be any way of meeting him someday, just to tell him how for 15 years he has given us more joy than maybe our own siblings, and a passion that will last for all of our lives.
Fortunatly for me i got that chance last summer :D

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
cheers incase no one belives me and thinks im a crazy fool because i aint got them on this computer at work to post them again and i guess it would take ages to go back and find which page they were on.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I try not to remember when he'll retire....It breaks my heart each time I remember, so I'll try to enjoy his football his work and everything.

Forza Ale
Well, thank God he has all those records, that will constantly remind us of him.
And hey, Del Piero as Juve president sounds just as nice :cool:

We should just know that he'll always be around ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 46)