Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (106 Viewers)

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
Del Piero's Spanish battle
Saturday 21 June, 2008

Alessandro Del Piero warns it will be a “real battle” for a semi-final spot between Italy and Spain on Sunday.

“It is going to be a difficult game that will be a real battle from start to finish,” said the Juventus captain.

“There are two important teams going head to head for the best possible result, so there will be a lot to fight for.”

Spain and Italy have famously not seen eye to eye on the aesthetics of the sport and the Azzurri have often been criticised in the Iberian media.

“They are similar sides in terms of their style of play. The major differences are in their mentality. Keeping possession can be a psychological aspect of the sport more than a technical one.

“Both teams are very strong. There is so much talk of the Spanish attack, but the Italian one is very good too,” insisted Del Piero.

So far none of Italy’s goals have been scored by their strikers, as they have come from Christian Panucci, Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi.

Luca Toni has had more shots on goal than any other player in Euro 2008 without being able to score.

“Do I have advice for Toni? He doesn’t need advice from me, he knows what to do,” smiled Alex.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
i know, to be honest, i think this is it for ale and the azzurri, i think he should make way for the younger players in the wing, time to bow out gracefully

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I felt sorta sorry for him, he done brilliantly all season to get to the euros but Donadoni fucked him about and didnt use him properly. By the way he showed an act of brilliance when he flicked the ball over Ramo's head i nearly shit my shit with excitement! :lol:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
I felt sorta sorry for him, he done brilliantly all season to get to the euros but Donadoni fucked him about and didnt use him properly. By the way he showed an act of brilliance when he flicked the ball over Ramo's head i nearly shit my shit with excitement! :lol:
That was greatness.

Anyway, he doesn't look too happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 87)