Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (112 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Alex: I deserve Euro spot

Alessandro Del Piero is targeting a spectacular end to this season. “I want the Capocannoniere crown and Euro 2008.”

The Juventus captain has been on sparkling form over the past few months and is now just one goal off the top tally of David Trezeguet and Marco Borriello.

“I have scored a lot this season, but goals are not my main objectives,” he insisted in an interview with Juventus Channel.

“I am not a 'fox in the box’ and have other duties too. I would like to win the Capocannoniere crown, as I have never done than in Serie A. We’ll see how it goes in these remaining three games, but for my style of play it is not indispensable.”
Alex was also top scorer in Serie B last term when he took the Bianconeri to promotion in the wake of the Calciopoli scandal.

His stunning form could well be enough to earn Del Piero a recall for the Azzurri in the European Championship.

“I have never disguised my great desire to take part in this new adventure. I think I deserve my place at Euro 2008 and at the end of the day Roberto Donadoni will make his decisions based on merit.

“It is all going well and I think the form of a player depends on many different factors. You have to try to be at your best in every element – private life, family, physical fitness, psychological state of mind, healthy diet, and so on.”

Del Piero credits wife Sonia and their baby son Tobias for at least part of his career rejuvenation.

“Fatherhood is an incredible experience. Everyone had described it to me, but actually living through it is extraordinary. I must thank my son and my wife, who are both exceptional. My boy helps fire me up when I’m on the field.

“I started in football with three crucial building blocks – passion, respect for others and the willingness to work hard. I still hold them dear today.

“Will there be a new Del Piero? I hope Juve can soon find someone who’ll be able to play for this club for 15 years and win practically everything.”
Channel 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta love Alex:toast:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Alex: I deserve Euro spot

Alessandro Del Piero is targeting a spectacular end to this season.

“I started in football with three crucial building blocks – passion, respect for others and the willingness to work hard. I still hold them dear today.

“Will there be a new Del Piero? I hope Juve can soon find someone who’ll be able to play for this club for 15 years and win practically everything.Channel 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats why you're the greatest ever.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
without exagerating .. one of the greatest captains of all time .. IF NOT THE BEST !!

A TRUE LEGEND ..

:flag:

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
That was a nice interview by Del Piero, he really is a true legend and an inspirational man. So humble and well spoken, as well as completely unselfish. A great captain and hero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)