Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (207 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Di Natale's ONLY advantage over Alex is his speed. Other than this Del Piero masters Antonio in every single aspect of the world game's skills. Donadoni should comprehend that.
Yeah, but in my books, speed counts for nothing so long you have Del Piero's skills.

Di Natale can be twice faster than Del Piero, but Del Piero is 10x the player he is.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Who knows, red? He may opt to change it.

Del Piero and Pirlo behind Toni will do wonders.

Gattuso - De Rossi - Perrotta

Pirlo - Del Piero

Toni​
I don't see it. He stuck with the same system through pretty much the whole campaign, including friendlies.

I expect Pirlo to be used slightly further forward to try and fill the void left by Totti.

Del Piero will be used primarily as a sub to try and change things later in the game when a genuine support striker.

I can only see

Gattuso-De Rossi

Pirlo

Camoranesi------Di Natale

Toni​

starting the first game.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I just hope Del Piero makes it to Euro, and though im not expecting him to start or anything, i would completely love for him to come off the bench and do something extremely special and important, to win us a really important game.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
the formation wont change, but if don dares bench del piero for di natale i will kill him my self, del piero in the form he is in now is benched by no one.

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
i notice everyone wants delpiero to become top scorer but what will it prove? will it make donadoni pic k del for the team? its up to him to do what he wants. Del have prove about 4 games ago that he is the most in form striker in serie a and love to see when he is at his best and i am happy that juve will get to participate in CL next year :),

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It doesn't have to prove anything dude, it will just add to millions of other achievements of Del Piero, I mean he's Juve all time top scorer, twice CL top scorer, Serie B top scorer last season and one Serie A top scorer award in 15 year career would be sweeeeet!

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
εℓvίn;1619418 said:
It doesn't have to prove anything dude, it will just add to millions of other achievements of Del Piero, I mean he's Juve all time top scorer, twice CL top scorer, Serie B top scorer last season and one Serie A top scorer award in 15 year career would be sweeeeet!
oh ok :)

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
di natale is a very good player, some people in this thread arn't giving him enough credit, he is very pacey and has good technique...........that said, an in form del piero is second to no one.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
22/04/2008 11:28
Sacchi: Del Piero In Form Of His Life
Former Milan coaching great Arrigo Sacchi has hailed in-form Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero.The Golden Boy has been offering some simply stunning performances in recent months, and was at his brilliant best again this weekend, scoring a hat-trick in Juve’s 4-0 thrashing of Atalanta.

This treble took Del Piero’s goal-tally for the Serie A season up to 17, just two behind Capocannoniere leader Marco Borriello.

"Del Piero has found his second youth, he seems to me a more complete player than before,” said Sacchi, who gave Del Piero his national team debut back in 1995.

“He is undergoing a period of fantastic form, is a true example for all because he's playing with the enthusiasm of a boy and the class of football expert."

Despite his superb form, Del Piero is by no means a guarantee to travel to Euro 2008 with Italy this summer.

The 33-year-old has not played for the Azzurri since September of last year, and there are lingering doubts whether he can fit in tactically with Coach Roberto Donadoni’s 4-3-3 system.

Gianni Wilson

rb77

s e V e n
Dec 8, 2007
hey i was wondering...in serie A this season there is no ITALIAN player more in-form than del piero..so i think that this might be del piero's year to win the italian serie A player of the year...i mean he really deserves..what u think guys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 202)