Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (201 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
del piero must make it! he has been on his best form in a while this season. he is ripping teams like inter apart. if he doesnt make it, it will be a joke.

if quagliarella is chosen over him its stupid, and for me he is playing better than di natale also.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Alex is regularly in Serie A Team of the Week!!! Why the hell he cannot make to the Euro 2008???

Without him and Totti Italy will definitely lack creativity!
Several times he's been in the Serie A team of the week, much more than Di Natale, Quag and many others.

I'm starting to think that this guy has a personal problem with Alex.

K0STA

Jul 12, 2006
Several times he's been in the Serie A team of the week, much more than Di Natale, Quag and many others.

I'm starting to think that this guy has a personal problem with Alex.
Speaking of personal problems, I think thats the case! Becase when Donadoni was playing at Milan that was the time when Juve was kicking their asses! 4-1 1-6 etc. wins! Don didnt forget good old times :D

Magic Feet!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think the reason Alex isnt going to be picked for the Euro's is because Donadoni doesnt have the balls to put him on the bench, he wont fit in Donadoni's preferred 4-3-3 so he'd certainly rather not call him up, than call him up and put him on the bench. but he certainly deserves to be on the bench at least.

Omair

Herticity
Sep 27, 2006
Excellent article on il capitano:

HERE
Despite Inter’s late flurry and Maniche’s tap-in, Juventus could have easily won this match 5-1, with beautiful individual skill from Del Piero on numerous occassions. Materazzi looked stupid, confused and out of touch, and you can just imagine Zinedine Zidane sitting somewhere in joy watching his old teammate outclassing his arch nemesis.
:lol:

Jun 13, 2007
I think the reason Alex isnt going to be picked for the Euro's is because Donadoni doesnt have the balls to put him on the bench, he wont fit in Donadoni's preferred 4-3-3 so he'd certainly rather not call him up, than call him up and put him on the bench. but he certainly deserves to be on the bench at least.
I read an article on goal.com that explained why Del piero isn't being chosen by Donadoni . Basically , it talks about how Donadoni has the 4-3-3 formation all ready planned and Di Natale , Quag , Iaq , Toni , Camo , and apparently Borriello are the players that best fit that formation while Alex simply can't play in it .

However , surely he can't go into a competition with just one formation in mind . What if it backfires and he needs someone like Del piero or even Totti ? Teams facing Italy know exactly what's coming and thus the element of surprise is gone . They would become predictable and easy to play against .

No matter how you look at it , Del piero is simply a player you can't just leave behind . Even if as a bench player he can help in so many ways . He can surely give more than Quagliarella , who in my opinion , has done nothing to earn himself a place in the national team .

Donadoni is just plain stupid .

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I read an article on goal.com that explained why Del piero isn't being chosen by Donadoni . Basically , it talks about how Donadoni has the 4-3-3 formation all ready planned and Di Natale , Quag , Iaq , Toni , Camo , and apparently Borriello are the players that best fit that formation while Alex simply can't play in it .

However , surely he can't go into a competition with just one formation in mind . What if it backfires and he needs someone like Del piero or even Totti ? Teams facing Italy know exactly what's coming and thus the element of surprise is gone . They would become predictable and easy to play against .

No matter how you look at it , Del piero is simply a player you can't just leave behind . Even if as a bench player he can help in so many ways . He can surely give more than Quagliarella , who in my opinion , has done nothing to earn himself a place in the national team .

Donadoni is just plain stupid .

If you look at Italy's prev games in the qualification rounds, his 4-3-3 didn't really add anything to the team. He failed to impress against France on both occasions, away he was humilated and home he insisted playing 4-3-3 with Del Piero playing as a flank/wing player.

Against the Scottish I don't re-call him impressing either, thanks to Panucci's injury time header, while against Georgia I remember how newspapers/fans everyone was asking Donadoni to be out of the NT since he couldn't really do anything against them until Inzaghi pulled one of his goals style.

I wont even mention Ukrain and Finland...it was pure joke

He's putting Del Piero out for a system that he doesn't know how it goes or how it should be played. And just because Del Piero asked him not to play him out of position he ruled him out.

GianniAgn

Jan 30, 2008
anybody know why in 1998-99 seson at the sart of the season (in games vs Lazio in Supercoppa and vs Perugia) the captain was Peruzzi. And after in game vs AthleticBilbao in CL and others till to Udinese match captain was Del Piero while Peruzzi was still on pitch.

GianniAgn

Jan 30, 2008
It happens alot. Once Birindelli was the Captain when Alex was playing. They both started in the 1st 11....But Biri was the captain.
Hmm.. No ofcourse there some matches in season when captain may change.. I talk about another... I know that Juventus captain is chosen for the season(i dont know how its now but before 2002 players choose who will be captain) not for a match. In 94-95 our captain was Baggio, in 95-6 when Baggio gone it was Vialli, in 96-97, 97-98 it was Peruzzi or Conte (if Peruzzi absent). In the begining of the 98-99 season it was Peruzzi. But after some games Del Piero became a captain. There should be smth with Peruzzi that team decied to re-choose captain. I remember i read in magazine that Del Piero was shcked whe he in his 23 became Juventus captain.. So i want to know what happen between team and Peruzzi..

Daria_Uruguay

Aug 28, 2006
εℓvίn;1596903 said:
Every single word there is spot on!

Materazzi looked stupid, confused and out of touch, and you can just imagine Zinedine Zidane sitting somewhere in joy watching his old teammate outclassing his arch nemesis.

I thought the same :flag: still enjoying it :scarf:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 197)