Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (174 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Oh, I agree. I just heard Donadoni was a fan of him, and I read he was trying to (failing so far) bring his career back on track so put them together. He has an outside chance of making it though.
Cassano and Donadoni are good friends.I dont how big a fan he is of Cassano however.Id give Cassano a chance of making the Euro 08 squad though.He's looked very good in the last few games,and if he reaches top form come march-april,then he could very well be in line for a spot in the squad.As things stand now,i think Del Piero has a better chance of making Donadoni's lineup.But having said that,even that chance is somewhat slim right now.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
unfortunately he was up against ronaldo and zinedine zidane in those years, had that not been the case, he may have won it, as for coming 4th thats jsut stupid
If I remember correctly, during those years Zidane was in his shadow.. Not that I am degrading Zidane or anything. He is one of the best footballers in history.
And about Ronaldo, I know that many see him as one of the best in the world, but seriously I can't get passed the cry-baby picture. He is a very good forward but in my opinion Del Piero is better, quite better.

lavenderguy

Feb 28, 2005
Where is Ronaldo, I mean Luiz Ronaldo now? LOL.....I guess this guy is nearly finished if not finished. That's just my opinion. After world cup 2002, he hadn;t done much...besides, Brazil was just too damn strong with 4Rs in that squad.
Well, to win a golden ball/world player is a great achievement but many great players haven't/didn;t win them. The likes of Raul, Henry, Totti, Del Piero....the list goes on.
In a euro cup/world cup year, international team performance is vital, as we can see from Zidane 98, Ronaldo 2002 and Cannavaro 2006 performance. Or else it's either champions league or league peformance that counts. Many said that y Beckham came only 2nd behind Rivaldo during their treble year? Maybe the votes were divided among MU players although Beckham was the most outstanding among them. But Rivaldo lifted the Barcelona team, just like what kaka has done.
I guess DP will end his football journey without a golden ball/world player but his legancy lives on. I think Sammer won the golden ball back in 96...but how many fans worldwide notice this guy? George Weah won it too but how many fans really regard him as one of the world best?
at least in Juve fans' hearts, Del Piero is one of the best, if not the best and those stunning goals he has given us throughout the year...
award is just a very subjective thing...
as for NT, even if Donadoni doesn;t pick him, of coz he will feel upset. But like i said a dozen time, this team doesn;t have the ability to win the tournament. at least, he's stil a world cup winner!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
If I remember correctly, during those years Zidane was in his shadow.. Not that I am degrading Zidane or anything. He is one of the best footballers in history.
And about Ronaldo, I know that many see him as one of the best in the world, but seriously I can't get passed the cry-baby picture. He is a very good forward but in my opinion Del Piero is better, quite better.
Ronaldo and Del Piero are different players.Ronaldo is primarily a goal poacher,while Del Piero is a support striker.Cry baby or not,Ronaldo is arguably the best finisher the world has seen in the last 10-15 years.Its difficult to say who's better as far as im concerned.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Ronaldo and Del Piero are different players.Ronaldo is primarily a goal poacher,while Del Piero is a support striker.Cry baby or not,Ronaldo is arguably the best finisher the world has seen in the last 10-15 years.Its difficult to say who's better as far as im concerned.
I'll have to agree here. Apart from the fact that Ronaldo isn't liked or loved alot, he's the best striker in the last decade at least we've seen.

Though I disagree about finisher thing, he's not the finisher type of player like Trezeguet or Van N. R.... he's capable of many things other strikers will need a century to make. He added alot to the modern football.

Though I'm not a big fan of him, but he's def hitting my top 10 players of all time.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
yea, but you're talking about club form, where was ale in world cup 98? zizou and ronaldo both played well.....club form he was the best player in the world and had it been a non major international trophy year he would have won it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 170)