Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (216 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
No you're repeating yourself. It's Cobolli vs Del Piero, you're on Del Piero's side, and you want us to give him a small mountain of gold, diamonds and a lifelong pass to all the strip clubs he wants.

It is in Juve's best interest not to give him that kind of money, and I dont care if it is Cobolli vs Del Piero, that has nothing to do with it.

Whoever it is Alex should not get that kind of money.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No you're repeating yourself. It's Cobolli vs Del Piero, you're on Del Piero's side, and you want us to give him a small mountain of gold, diamonds and a lifelong pass to all the strip clubs he wants.

It is in Juve's best interest not to give him that kind of money, and I dont care if it is Cobolli vs Del Piero, that has nothing to do with it.

Whoever it is Alex should not get that kind of money.
What's with this Juve's interest? The money Del Piero is bringing/brought to the club in the past years up till now is much more worth than what he's earning.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
You know what? looks like you're not understanding one single word i'm saying... and you're arguing just for the sake of it but nothing more.

Anyway, i'm not wasting my time repeating the same crap again and again, stick with Cobolli and i'll stick with Del Piero. very simple.
look man if you're trying to say i dont support DP then you're wrong, hes the whole reason why i support juve and i love him as much as you do or anyone else here. but i just think we have to be realistic in how much we offer him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
look man if you're trying to say i dont support DP then you're wrong, hes the whole reason why i support juve and i love him as much as you do or anyone else here. but i just think we have to be realistic in how much we offer him.
I understand what you're trying to say here. Though we disagree in couple of things.

Anyway, according to Alex's brother, the contract Alex recieved was really disapointing, and he continued stating that Del Piero's wages is his last problem. So point is, the same ridiculous offers that was given to Trezeguet Nedved and the rest is now given to Del Piero.

People and mainly Juventus fans are focusing more on the figures/wages because media and press are making a big fuss out of it....Sure there is an issue between Alessandro and Cobolli in wages, but I believe Del Piero is mad and frustrated for some other things that his brother refused to talk about.

Logically here, as a Juventus supporter and follower since sometime now, knowing whom Alessandro Del Piero is, it's normally to stick with him and not with Cobolli. The same way i sticked with Pavel and Trezeguet against him, I'll do the same now. It's just normal and I see nothing wrong in that.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
What's with this Juve's interest? The money Del Piero is bringing/brought to the club in the past years up till now is much more worth than what he's earning.

Like Seven quite rightly put it, you think he was working for free all those years???

FFS, thats what he got very well paid for, probably above what his performances deserved most of the time.

And you make it sound like Juventus never did anything for him. Juve did very very much for Alex as well, and dont owe him anything, certanly not to spend 15 mil € on a 33 year old player that cant play more than 60 minutes a mactch and that is one of the slowest players in the league.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I understand what you're trying to say here. Though we disagree in couple of things.

Anyway, according to Alex's brother, the contract Alex recieved was really disapointing, and he continued stating that Del Piero's wages is his last problem. So point is, the same ridiculous offers that was given to Trezeguet Nedved and the rest is now given to Del Piero.

People and mainly Juventus fans are focusing more on the figures/wages because media and press are making a big fuss out of it....Sure there is an issue between Alessandro and Cobolli in wages, but I believe Del Piero is mad and frustrated for some other things that his brother refused to talk about.

Logically here, as a Juventus supporter and follower since sometime now, knowing whom Alessandro Del Piero is, it's normally to stick with him and not with Cobolli. The same way i sticked with Pavel and Trezeguet against him, I'll do the same now. It's just normal and I see nothing wrong in that.

And if it's not about the money, what is it about? Does he want guaranteed first team status, because thats certanly not going to happen?

What else is it about?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
FFS, thats what he got very well paid for, probably above what his performances deserved most of the time.
Wonder since when you really started following the player. You haven't seen enough of him if thats what you think.

And you make it sound like Juventus never did anything for him. Juve did very very much for Alex as well, and dont owe him anything, certanly not to spend 15 mil € on a 33 year old player that cant play more than 60 minutes a mactch and that is one of the slowest players in the league.
I never said Juventus owe Alex anything, the same goes with Alex. But what I'm asking here is some respect from a man who JUST took charge of the club and is treating players unfairly.

And re-check your facts, he's not earning that much.

Talking about the 60min, ffs Zlatan, since you joined the forums and you're moaning about him not able to play a fully 90min, i remmber that very well, you was criticizing him in every single game and you wanted him out of the club, so stop with this crap he cant play more than 60minutes. enough with the same dilemma of yours.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
And if it's not about the money, what is it about? Does he want guaranteed first team status, because thats certanly not going to happen?

What else is it about?
That could be one of the reasons, who knows. I'm not his agent.

But like Trezeguet's father also stated before about the contract his son recieved, the same thing Dle Piero's brother is stating. Could be other things than money.

Contracts aren't all about figures.... you should know that more since you're studying law.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well, perhaps I should have said most of the time after his injury.

And fact is that he can play two or 3 full games in a row, and that has nothing to do with his ability, but with his age. Well, maybe he could play them, but I suspect he wouldnt be very good.

Geof

May 14, 2004
As Alex is dropped off the Azzuri squad, both Buffon and Iaquinta supported him and told they hoped he would get above the difficulties he is experiencing.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well, perhaps I should have said most of the time after his injury.
Mind you the 01/02, 02/03 being the best Italian player and one of the top 5players in the world according to Fifa.

Not to also mention being most decent player under capello while he was playing as a subs.

I don't want to go in stats and numbers, but the man has proved that he was also still one of the best footballers even after his injury.

And fact is that he can play two or 3 full games in a row, and that has nothing to do with his ability, but with his age. Well, maybe he could play them, but I suspect he wouldnt be very good.
Is that a theory or what?

If thats the case then I don't know how players like Ferrara, Rivaldo, Zidane, Figo, Nesta etc were able to play 90min each game including UEFA +international matches and etc....

Point is 32 isn't old, yeah he's getting old, but we ALL get old everyday don't we, fact is at 32 he can still play 90min. Just be patient.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
How come the wages of Del Piero are problem for the club , when they pay(ed) stupid amount of money to the players that didn't or don't play almost through the whole seasons, like Boumsong, Tudor, Oliveira, and many more that I can't think off in this moment. And another thins is that those things have to be settled in the club offices only , not through the press and media. It too late now , they made big circus out of it.

Geof

May 14, 2004
How come the wages of Del Piero are problem for the club , when they pay(ed) stupid amount of money to the players that didn't or don't play almost through the whole seasons, like Boumsong, Tudor, Oliveira, and many more that I can't think off in this moment. And another thins is that those things have to be settled in the club offices only , not through the press and media. It too late now , they made big circus out of it.
Del Piero deserves as much as he asks.FORZA CAPITANO!
Again. It's not about money. According to the Del Piero side.

It's hard to take a side or have a meaning when no one knows what this is about.

The discussion in this thread is prett ridiculous. Everyone gives an opinion on a problem no one knows of.
It's not about the money, so what is it about? Respect I hear? What would that mean? Defined place in the team? How could Secco work on that, Ranieri will let Ale play when he's good enough and not when he's not. One cannot guarantee a 32 year old a starting spot for the years to come, but Ale knows that with the right form he'll get one.
So?

My idea is that Alessandro is a bit annoyed by the new management. He's here since 15 years now, they arrived last season and now they try to impose their views on him. It's not a secret that Alessandro could become a director one day, so there might be a conflict on that side?
Could the mysterious problems between Deschamps and the management play a role also? I don't know close Ale and DD were as players, and when player and coach?

Basically, my idea is that this is a personal war between old and new. Secco & Co trying to get a grip on the club but feeling resistance by the "old guard", personified by Del Piero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 211)