Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (106 Viewers)

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
The Juventus captain has played 83 times for the Italian national side following last night's match against Lithuania which the Azzurri won 2-0.

Alessandro Del Piero has made it no secret that he would like to reach the important target of 100 matches for the Italian national team, an objective which is well within his reach.

"I hope I can reach that target," declared the Juventus forward when asked about the 100 international matches.

"I was really looking forward to this match, I'm pleased with the observations and compliments. As an 'oldie' I hope to give the good example: today the young players who played have done well, therefore I'm satisfied.

"It's a good thing that Quagliarella steals the headlines of the newspapers, he's very good and it's fair that in the matches, those who shine are those who are playing and not those who aren't."

Finally, Del Piero commented the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as coach of the Bianconeri.

"His curriculum speaks on its own; we can work straight away to do well like we all hope."

Goal.com

ĵџvє_вãвγ

Earth Intruder
Jul 5, 2006
The Juventus captain has played 83 times for the Italian national side following last night's match against Lithuania which the Azzurri won 2-0.

Alessandro Del Piero has made it no secret that he would like to reach the important target of 100 matches for the Italian national team, an objective which is well within his reach.

"I hope I can reach that target," declared the Juventus forward when asked about the 100 international matches.

"I was really looking forward to this match, I'm pleased with the observations and compliments. As an 'oldie' I hope to give the good example: today the young players who played have done well, therefore I'm satisfied.

"It's a good thing that Quagliarella steals the headlines of the newspapers, he's very good and it's fair that in the matches, those who shine are those who are playing and not those who aren't."

Finally, Del Piero commented the appointment of Claudio Ranieri as coach of the Bianconeri.

"His curriculum speaks on its own; we can work straight away to do well like we all hope."

Goal.com
thanks Rami for the post
i'm sure he'll reach;)it is not too hard to reach..***..

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
“I wanted to cut back once more and slipped, so the chance went begging. I hope that is an example to youngsters too – on how not to do it!” :D:D
hehe :D

He can reach 100 matches with Azzurri
Oh for sure, also Ale is the most capped Juventus player in NT history and most capped forward in Azzurri history :eyebrows:

PS And I'm sure Buffon can become Azzurri's most capped player at some time in the future...

Italy Caps:

126 Maldini P.
112 Zoff
108 Cannavaro
94 Facchetti
83 Del Piero
81 Baresi F.
81 Bergomi
81 Tardelli
79 Albertini
78 Nesta

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Chelsea, Barcelona sound out Del Piero
tribalfooball.com - June 06, 2007

Chelsea and Barcelona have made tentative enquiries about the availability of Juventus captain Alessandro del Piero.
Gazzetta dello Sport says both European giants have asked agents about Del Piero's situation with little movement coming from Juve over new contract talks.

Del Piero has just over a year left on his existing deal and Juve chief Jean-Claude Blanc said today: "We've already spoken with Ale, but not about his contract. The agreement expires in 2008, there is plenty of time."

---------------
Then again, it's tribalfootball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 103)