Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (133 Viewers)

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Quotes
Carlo Ancelotti: "He is a world-class player who needs no introductions".[27]
Mauro Camoranesi: "He is an exceptional person and really doesn’t need to prove himself to anyone. Del Piero is a wonderful man and player."[28]
Fabio Cannavaro: "In my view he’s the best person I’ve met in this sport."[29]
Fabio Capello: "I believe in champions and Alex is a champion". "Del Piero is a player of very high quality and deserves his record". Because of having many strikers in the squad: "Sometimes I feel embarrassed at putting him on the bench."[30]
Frankie Dettori: "Del Piero is a true genius".[31]
Angelo Di Livio: "I've met Ale at the Primavera. And he was already a phenomenon. He was so brave that we forced the coach to make him debut at the main team". "He has those abilities that only great stars have. And everyone, as soon as they saw him, said “This one will surely make it".[32]
Mark Hughes: "Even though Del Piero may be well into his 30s now, he remains one of the great players".[33]
Pepe Kamel :"With his charm and charisma he has won us all, his creativity and magnificent talent have given us nothing more to ask for, and his free kicks, no comment".[34]
Marcello Lippi: "Del Piero is a champion with extraordinary technical ability and wonderful characteristics. When he is selected he never disappoints. He is an example to us all." "He has great skills and intuitions that few other players have". "He is a captain in the real sense of the word".[35][36]
Diego Armando Maradona: Talking about the best 100 world footballers ever he says "Here he is, he is different from Zidane, he likes to play, he feels it in his soul; between him and the French (Zinedine Zidane), I stay with him."[37]
Adrian Mutu: "Alex is an example for all of us. He works hard in training without ever speaking out".[38]
Ruben Olivera: "Del Piero is my idol. When I arrived at Juventus and I was introduced to Alex, it was like touching the heavens with my finger".[39]
Fabrizio Ravanelli: "Del Piero is able to do certain things, that could seem extraordinary, but he does them like they were simple".[40]
Alessio Tacchinardi: "He (Del Piero) always comes to the training field with a smile for everyone, a comforting word for everyone. This is his greatness: humbleness... he’s a golden person".[41]
Giuseppe Taglialatela: The former S.S.C. Napoli keeper recalls a goal conceded from Del Piero: "Let’s say he scored a goal a la Baggio, a la Maradona. He took the ball in midfield, dribbled 3-4 teammates of mine. He’s good, what can I say?"[42]
Gianluca Zambrotta: "It’s still surprising to me that Alessandro Del Piero has gone through his career without winning this trophy". (the Ballon d'Or

Jul 5, 2005
Quotes
Marcello Lippi: "Del Piero is a champion with extraordinary technical ability and wonderful characteristics. When he is selected he never disappoints. He is an example to us all." "He has great skills and intuitions that few other players have". "He is a captain in the real sense of the word".
That's Del Piero. Nothing more nothing less :agree:

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
Gianluca Zambrotta: "It’s still surprising to me that Alessandro Del Piero has gone through his career without winning this trophy". (the Ballon d'Or

thats the only thing missing from his career

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 127)