Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (122 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Seven said:
Though I also have to note it's great to see that everyone apart from Codino acknowledges Del Piero's great talent and also agree that prior to his big injury he was one of the world's best and at some point in time simply the best.
Codino did really know what he was talking about, though most of the time we had diff point of view. But atleast he made sense much more than the others, who really wanted nothing but to sell Del Piero and to see him out of Juventus... not to mention the insults.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Alfio_87 said:
Corriere dello Sport
Del Piero: “We’ll be competitive within a year. I see Inter and I don’t think we are that far behind”
haha I like how Ale always throughs shit at Inter and does that politically correct :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Alfio_87 said:
Corriere dello Sport
Del Piero: “We’ll be competitive within a year. I see Inter and I don’t think we are that far behind”
Even with our current squad, only the likes of Ale, Pavel, Buffon, Camo and Trezeguet can turn Inter back and put them where they really belong.

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
Alex Del Piero maintains Juventus will instantly be fighting for Lo Scudetto once they make their expected return to Serie A.

Bianconeri officials have been quoted as saying that the Italian giants will need five years to get back to the same level as before their demotion last summer.

However, Del Piero – who celebrated his 32nd birthday on Thursday – is looking for immediate success at the Stadio Olimpico.

“The First Division is orphan without us, we say this and the other clubs admit it’s true,” Del Piero told the club’s website.

“We just need a small effort to return to be competitive even earlier than the five-year deadline that was indicated by President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

“I think we could already obtain an important result in 2008 such as qualification for the Champions League or even the Scudetto.

“Why can’t we fight for the title? Inter and Palermo are not that much stronger than us,” he continued.
Despite the club’s relegation to the second tier, the Juve captain insists 2006 has been a great year for him.

“Of course there’s something sad about being in Serie B this season, but the mission is to take Juve back into A and I’m not going to let any other thoughts get in the way of that,” said the World Cup winner.

“Personally, there have only been highs this year. I’m very satisfied with the way I’ve played, the goals I’ve scored and what I’ve won – there’s nothing for me to be unhappy about.

“Despite everything that was happening here, I decided to stay with complete peace of mind and I believe I faced the summer problems in the best possible way.

“It was important for me to stay and I’m satisfied I did. What binds me to this club is more than a professional relationship.

“Retirement? I haven’t really thought about, I still have a burning desire to play and to do well here. I’ll start thinking about other things much further down the line,” concluded the No 10.

-Channel 4

very well said words from Del Piero,really touched that he stayed with as and with these words.. it made me feel Del Piero is the greatest captain of all football team..
Really touched..

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY ALEX!

cheers.!:pint:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
G3n3 said:
“Of course there’s something sad about being in Serie B this season, but the mission is to take Juve back into A and I’m not going to let any other thoughts get in the way of that,” said the World Cup winner.
Seriously, how can you not admire this player:touched:

chieywaloo

Aug 15, 2006
Well, he is a true champion on the pitch, and off the pitch. I dare say he can win the World's Mr. Greatest Personality when it comes to comparing him with other players.

Totally agree with this statement "Seriously, how can you not admire this player".
I'l never regret spending my time admiring Del Piero. His name will go down to history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 110)