Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (174 Viewers)

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
I'm so happy when new users log in and say they're huge Del Piero fans and want him t do well :D

anyway, Del Piero is not starting but check it out :

"Meanwhile, Alessandro Del Piero is looking forward to the clash in an arena where he netted his first goal in the Champions League for Juventus against Borussia Dortmund.

“I’m happy to be back here, the pitch is good and the stadium is great,” he stated. “We need to step on to the pitch and give it our all.

“I’ve never played in a World Cup semi-final and this could be the most important game of my career. I’m ready for it.”

Del Piero is unlikely to begin the tie though, seeing as boss Marcello Lippi is set to confirm the bulk of the starting XI who eased past the Ukraine in the last round."
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul4e.html

we love you Ale :toast: :agree:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
This is one of the happiest nights in my life. I've never been so happy after the goal, as I was after todays finish of Ale :agree:

Thank you for everything, legend :)

jumbo

Juve all time top scorer
Nov 7, 2004
We can't of course forget about Grosso.

Amazing goal as well. Great Pirlo pass, and Grosso techical shot world class.

But Del Piero scoring, it's something a bit different if you know what I mean. ;)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Alex: We wanted it more

Alessandro Del Piero and Fabio Grosso scored the late goals to put Italy in the Final and insist their desire and team spirit beat all-comers.

“I don’t have the words to describe it. We deserve this, because we’ve said since the start that this is a great squad with real team spirit. I can’t wait to celebrate with them and embrace everybody,” said Grosso after the dramatic 2-0 victory in extra time over hosts Germany.

The tie looked to be heading for penalties when Palermo defender Grosso curled in a magnificent left-foot strike. It was particularly impressive considering only a few hours earlier Italian football was rocked by the Calciopoli trial.

“I dedicate this goal to my wife, my family and all my friends who are celebrating right now in Italy. We went against so many difficult situations in this World Cup and really want to enjoy this.”

The match was certainly an open and entertaining encounter with chances for both sides, but the Azzurri shaded it on points, hitting the woodwork twice with Gianluca Zambrotta and Alberto Gilardino.

“It was a great semi-final between two excellent teams who fought hard in fair fashion with respect from the first to the 120th minute. Now we’re going into the Final and it’ll be another difficult match, but we believe and will make our presence felt,” added Grosso.

Del Piero came on as a substitute and put the icing on the cake with another splendid strike on the counter-attack in the final seconds. As expected, the Juventus legend dedicated the goal to his friend Gianluca Pessotto, who is fighting for his life after an apparent suicide attempt. “Forza Pessottino. Don’t give up,” he said with a t-shirt sending a message to Turin.

“It was fantastic and a game like this in their home ground, the tie was set up perfectly for us. The second half wasn’t going so well, but we beat a very strong side and could’ve scored earlier, but our desire today was superior to any obstacle.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 170)