Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (51 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
stevie 11 are u making fun of your god ???
No not at all, i just heard him being bashed today in the forum for looking over weight and i thought it was a bit ironic that i met him heading into Burger King! :p but id never diss him like that! and by the way he didnt look much heavier than any of the other players that i seen today so i dont think theres anything to worry about!

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Lippi Tips Barcelona And Inter To Rule

Marcello Lippi, the cigar-smoking mastermind behind Italy’s 2006 World-Cup winning campaign has blessed the masses with some words of wisdom on the fortunes of Europe’s leading clubs.

Speaking to 'Gazetta dello Sport’, the highly respected coach gave an impromptu review of what the upcoming season could hold for football fans, starting with big spenders Barcelona and Inter Milan,

“At this moment in time there are two teams that represent fantasy football – Inter and Barcelona. They have Europe in the palm of their hand.”

In an attempt to improve on their early exits from last seasons Champions League, Barca and Inter have strengthened significantly in the attacking positions, something to which Lippi was all to eager to elaborate on,

“Thierry Henry is one of those champions who makes the difference. Watching the Barca front line is breathtaking with Henry plus Leo Messi, Ronaldinho and Samuel Eto’o. It’s crazy.

“David Suazo is, however, just as much of a great signing as Henry. He is the striker who perfectly completes the Nerazzurri attack. He is not just formidable when he bursts forward at speed, he has other qualities too and Roberto Mancini saw that.”

Moving on-to Europe’s other premier operators, Lippi was generous in his praise of the signings made and seemed genuinely excited about the upcoming season,

“My friend Alex Ferguson reconsidered the semi-final defeat to Milan and reached the conclusion Manchester United had to strengthen their side. He brought in Owen Hargreaves, Anderson, Carlos Tevez and above all Carlos Nani, who I think is fantastic.”

A short hop across the city, and the Sven Goran Eriksson led revolution of Manchester City also received a dose of Lippi’s approval,

“The strike partnership of Rolando Bianchi and Valeri Bojinov can make its mark on the Premier League.”

Coming back to his native Serie A, Lippi portrayed a competitive up-coming Italian season now that his former club Juventus are back in the fray and more importantly keeping their long-standing star performers,

“You know who the best buys for Juve were? Gianluigi Buffon, Alessandro Del Piero, Pavel Nedved and Mauro Camoranesi. If these four old faces can have a great season, then the new players will also become important. You cannot do it the other way round. In any case, Juve haven’t finished their transfer campaign yet.”

Although relatively quiet in the transfer market so far, AC Milan have added Brazilian wonderkid Alexandre Pato to their ranks and with much expected of the teenager Lippi was quick to maintain that he is a player for the long-run

“He’s definitely got class in abundance, but will only be evaluated a long way into the future,” said the World Cup winning Coach. Out of all the Italian teams AS Roma have been the most productive in transfer deals as Cristian Chivu’s sale catalysed the signings of numerous players, with notably Juan as Chivu’s successor, a replacement that Lippi feels will not hinder Roma,

“I’d say in terms of quality there is no change. They also signed players like Ludovic Giuly, Mauro Esposito and Ahmed Barusso, who left me open mouthed when I saw him play for Rimini in Serie B.”

Continuing to analyse the Italian league, Lippi also noted the other big teams for their strategies in preparing for the new season,

“Lazio have not revolutionised their side, confirming the most important players and adding a few promising newcomers. I am curious to see what goalkeeper Carrizo can do. I am also intrigued by Fiorentina’s youth policy.”

Ending his review, Lippi gave an intriguing hint that he may be ready to return to coaching a league club, and if so, highlighted the first player he would look to buy,

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.”
I totally agree :)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Hhmmm! I don't like him speaking to an interesti newpaper, especially one owned by moRATti.
He's right about Alex, Neddy, Gigi and Camo being our best players.
He's probably right about inter but I hope he's wrong.
He shouldn't have blabbed about Quaresma - inter may go after him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
On another note, how the hell does Del Piero manage to stop nature? I mean, surely he was balding and all of a sudden he started sporting his long locks again last season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)