Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (151 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
One thing's for sure that if DP misses a PK, it's not because he got nervous and lost his cool, it's either cause he got unlucky and hit the post, ot the keeper must be damn good.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Exactly, but Del Piero is one of the best penalty kickers in the world. Just watch the goal against Roma two seasons ago where about 75k supporters were whistling him and he scored a great penalty.
word.

I've seen that. Actually I was more scared than he'll ever be. What I admire about him that he can keep calm and play it cool under lot of pressure.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Del Piero warns Juve :shocked:
Thursday 15 February, 2007

Alessandro Del Piero has confirmed that he will stay with Juventus although he doesn’t want to be taken for granted.

The Bianconero was one of the first players to confirm that he would stay with the demoted giants after the Calciopoli scandal, but makes no secret of the fact that he hopes to return to the highest levels as soon as possible.

“My contract ends in 2008, but I am not waiting for a phone call from the club, the renewal is not my priority,” said Del Piero in an interview with Tuttosport.

“However, I am a very proud football player and when I read about Gianluigi Buffon after the Trofeo Berlusconi and everyone’s worries that he might leave, I admit that I was a bit bothered,” continued Pinturicchio.

“I didn’t want people to take me for granted. Just like my teammates Buffon, David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi, I want the team to be immediately competitive, we want to return to winning.

“Having said this, it is logical that we all want Gigi to stay. As to me, I will stay, I still want to play for several years and I am not thinking about a managerial position at the club.”

The world champion does not seem surprised by the crisis that his former Coach Fabio Capello is living at Real Madrid.

“He has some good players on his side, so everyone expected him to do well. However, even at Juventus last year the victories in Serie A hid some clear limits on his schemes that were evident in the Champions League, where we didn’t do well.

“As to us, this isn’t an easy moment as confirmed by the 2-2 draw at Vicenza, but we must look ahead and try to do better.

“Marcello Lippi back on the Juve bench? It would be strange to see him here. I’m not saying that it can’t happen, only that it would be very strange,” concluded Del Piero.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I think what he stated is very logical and he makes sense. For sure he's going to remain with us, but he's just reminding the club that he wants a competitive Juve for next year.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
what he said needs to be said, it does seem the directors are taking him for graunted and he deserves better than this, he was the first to commit and he deserves to be the first to be pleased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)