Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (40 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
FFS, one bicycle kick does not mean he's better than Ronaldinho :rolleyes:
ur the only person to have mentioned ronaldinho here, nobody sed he was, but he played great, had a moment of brilliance and deserves the praise he gets fot it. i mean, he just produced in the biggest game of our season. also, a bit of praise for trez whose contribution seems to be ignored, he had to be in the rite place and still had to score, forza trez

Buy on AliExpress.com

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
definatly deserves praise. it was his best game of the season. but not neccisarily a great match. he was losing the ball as usual. and ratings across the newspapers were a 7.

(but by no means am i saying he had a bad match)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
definatly deserves praise. it was his best game of the season. but not neccisarily a great match. he was losing the ball as usual. and ratings across the newspapers were a 7.

(but by no means am i saying he had a bad match)
A 7 in such a decisive encounter. Plus, he has been voted MOM...

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++

ur the only person to have mentioned ronaldinho here, nobody sed he was, but he played great, had a moment of brilliance and deserves the praise he gets fot it. i mean, he just produced in the biggest game of our season. also, a bit of praise for trez whose contribution seems to be ignored, he had to be in the rite place and still had to score, forza trez
Zlatan was probably just using Ronaldinho as an analogy

I think Alex played well but hes not my MOTM ... I'd probably vote for Thuram (would have voted for Camo if he didnt have his injury)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

I think Alex played well but hes not my MOTM ... I'd probably vote for Thuram (would have voted for Camo if he didnt have his injury)
Why not Collina? Or Capello?

Apr 29, 2005
Player of the Week: Del Piero (Juventus) Monday 9 May, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It hasn’t been the easiest of seasons for Alex Del Piero but he didn’t let Juventus down during the Scudetto clash at Milan. The captain led by example and was priceless in the 1-0 win at the San Siro which has given his side one hand on the Italian championship.

The Azzurri international went into the match after another disappointing display in the victory over Bologna. He again suffered the embarrassment of being substituted by boss Fabio Capello during that win, but there was no way the No 10 wasn’t finishing the showdown against the Rossoneri.

Although Juve’s offensive threat was limited throughout the 90 minutes, Del Piero again illustrated that his critics are all too quick in writing him off. He may not be the player who was arguably the world’s best at one stage in 1998, but he can still make a contribution for a club who are undoubtedly in his heart.

Del Piero moved well throughout the game on Sunday. He made David Trezeguet’s goal by delivering a sublime over-head kick cross that the Frenchman nodded in past the usually reliable Dida. Alex then tested the Brazilian with a curling shot before rattling the crossbar in the second-half with a header.

His performance will now give Capello a headache ahead of next week’s clash with Parma. With Zlatan Ibrahimovic available again after suspension, the tactician will either have to drop Del Piero or goalscorer Trezeguet as the Old Lady look for another win which would edge them closer to the Scudetto.

Yet Del Piero wasn’t the only Juve ace to shine. Their win against the Rossoneri was based on a collective team effort right throughout the line-up. Gigi Buffon made some crucial saves behind a defence that did well, especially Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta – the latter denying Pippo Inzaghi with a desperate goal-line challenge.

Mauro Camoranesi was also a useful target in midfield, while Trezeguet underlined how good a goal poacher he is. The Frenchman did little in the game but made all the difference with his goal - a strike that may just have won his club the title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: Antonio Labbate

channel4.com

Tifo_01

Oct 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by bianconeroblood ] ++
Player of the Week: Del Piero (Juventus) Monday 9 May, 2005

It hasn’t been the easiest of seasons for Alex Del Piero but he didn’t let Juventus down during the Scudetto clash at Milan. The captain led by example and was priceless in the 1-0 win at the San Siro which has given his side one hand on the Italian championship.

The Azzurri international went into the match after another disappointing display in the victory over Bologna. He again suffered the embarrassment of being substituted by boss Fabio Capello during that win, but there was no way the No 10 wasn’t finishing the showdown against the Rossoneri.

Although Juve’s offensive threat was limited throughout the 90 minutes, Del Piero again illustrated that his critics are all too quick in writing him off. He may not be the player who was arguably the world’s best at one stage in 1998, but he can still make a contribution for a club who are undoubtedly in his heart.

Del Piero moved well throughout the game on Sunday. He made David Trezeguet’s goal by delivering a sublime over-head kick cross that the Frenchman nodded in past the usually reliable Dida. Alex then tested the Brazilian with a curling shot before rattling the crossbar in the second-half with a header.

His performance will now give Capello a headache ahead of next week’s clash with Parma. With Zlatan Ibrahimovic available again after suspension, the tactician will either have to drop Del Piero or goalscorer Trezeguet as the Old Lady look for another win which would edge them closer to the Scudetto.

Yet Del Piero wasn’t the only Juve ace to shine. Their win against the Rossoneri was based on a collective team effort right throughout the line-up. Gigi Buffon made some crucial saves behind a defence that did well, especially Fabio Cannavaro and Gianluca Zambrotta – the latter denying Pippo Inzaghi with a desperate goal-line challenge.

Mauro Camoranesi was also a useful target in midfield, while Trezeguet underlined how good a goal poacher he is. The Frenchman did little in the game but made all the difference with his goal - a strike that may just have won his club the title.

Words: Antonio Labbate

channel4.com

FORZA CAPITANO !!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Del Piero really impressed me in the first half; he really looked up for the game and showed some passion for once. It was great to see him running at defenders and hassling Milan's defenders.

There's a time for everything, and I don't think it's right to be saying "I still think he's washed up". Alex played like a captain today, let's just think about that for now.

Forza Alex :star:
Amen!

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

yeh i no he was but he could at least let him have his moment in the sun, i mean he doesnt have many now, i agree with u that he werent MOM aswell. for me it would be canna. i think we shud also praise pessotto aswell considering he is the weak link in our defence but on that showing he coped excellently. well playd pessotto

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
lets not over do it people
Precisely my thoughts. One piece of skill which had some influence on the game and everyone is ' He is god'. Zalayeta scored the goal that knocked us out against madrid, why arent we kissing his ass as much as we are DP's?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Precisely my thoughts. One piece of skill which had some influence on the game and everyone is ' He is god'. Zalayeta scored the goal that knocked us out against madrid, why arent we kissing his ass as much as we are DP's?
Come on, Dan, that's not fair. It wasn't just one piece of skill. Del Piero played great throughout the game. He was handed the MOM-award with a reason. I considered him our best player with a slight advantage above Thuram and Cannavaro.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Yes, but this is still one game. I ****ing screamed his name when he did the bicycle kick, but the way the forum is talking about it..

All im saying is that DP has underperformed for a majority of the season, which is extremely funny for a first placed team, but he actually plays well one match and everyone is kissing his ass. IMO, Camo against Madrid far outclassed this DP, but we wont hear the end of this.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
Yeah

Let's hope he keeps overperforming and help us win the Scudetto
Exaclty, there is no need for arguments...let us just hope he keeps up the good work.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Dan, that is because Camo does not have to prove himself to millions of critics who are against him, every time he touches the ball, like DP does. One bicycle kick? Too bad you did not see the match. DP was in great form and did so much more than just one assist. This was the "Scudetto Showdown" and nobody thought Juve would win. We needed leadership, we needed creativity, and we needed somebody to step up and take control of the match. DP delivered. Sombody said that he played like a captain, and that is what he did. DP ruled that match, the biggest match of the season no less.

Sure it is incorrect to say "he's back" based on one match, but for now people should acknowledge that DP is not finished. There is still a lot he offers.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
I saw the full match bar the first minute ( the tram was late)

yes, Del piero was good, but its not as if he was amazing. He played a 7/10 match, which is what people like Emerson, Camo, Zlatan, Canna, Thuram have been managing all season. All of a sudden DP steps his game up a little (yes for a very important match) and he is the new champion. Wake up, he did what needed to be done but this isnt the new start of Del Piero. He will go on sucking turf way into next season and have one good game out of twenty like he usually does. All credit to him though, im very thankful he did that.

Btw, its up to Del Piero to let these critics get to him- they shouldnt affect the way he plays on the pitch.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Dan, that is because Camo does not have to prove himself to millions of critics who are against him, every time he touches the ball, like DP does. One bicycle kick? Too bad you did not see the match. DP was in great form and did so much more than just one assist. This was the "Scudetto Showdown" and nobody thought Juve would win. We needed leadership, we needed creativity, and we needed somebody to step up and take control of the match. DP delivered. Sombody said that he played like a captain, and that is what he did. DP ruled that match, the biggest match of the season no less.

Sure it is incorrect to say "he's back" based on one match, but for now people should acknowledge that DP is not finished. There is still a lot he offers.
Exactly. DP didn't choke yesterday. This was the best post on the topic so far and I think that the discussion should end for the rest of the season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Btw, its up to Del Piero to let these critics get to him- they shouldnt affect the way he plays on the pitch.
That's not always true, Dan. DP has been bashed for over 7 years now. I don't think ANY player would have handled it better than Del Piero. The fact he still plays is a miracle on itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)