Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (193 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Great news that he is ready for the game.... Even if not 90 min. Its always a pleaure seeing him on the field.
I would like to see the #200 today...

Unfortunately I won't be able to see the 2nd half live. So I will record it.. Need to go for breakfast at my grandparents house (by the by, Congrats on Ramadan everyone kol aam wi into bi khair.)

Its good that Aljazeera will view the match, it appears that they are only airing home matches.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Serie B Tim - 23 Sep 2006 - 7:09 PM

Del Piero: “Great determination”

His next strike will be the umpteenth milestone is the wonderful story of Del Piero and his Juventus. Against Modena today the captain scored his 199th goal and almost made it 200, denied only by a last ditch goal line clearance. Disappointment? “Not at all, there will still be a party as we played magnificently. Apart from my goal, which I’m very happy with, I was really pleased with the spirit we all showed out there on the pitch; by now we’ve come to terms with this emotional adventure and we all want to get back to the top”. The striker is reminded of how worked-up he was out on the field. “Of course, everyone gets a little angry, it’s a sign of how desperate we are to play well all the time, to fight for every ball”. The fans showed their appreciation as always, as Del Piero led his team under the home end after the final-whistle to thank the ever-present and ever-enthusiastic public. Asked whether he pays any attention to the league table, the captain joked, “Let’s just say I don’t look at the bottom of the table!” He then continued, “While we wait for the outcome of the judgement, we’re not thinking about the penalty, just looking forward to each game as it comes. The Juventus we have today can go far”.

hcandraw

Aug 22, 2006
ALEX ULTRA said:
lol....they say he already scored his 200 ...what do you want from a english website:tdown:

No, that's definitely correct. Note that it says:

For Del Piero this was an important goal, as the Juventus captain reached the 200 goals mark in his career, an achievement which only a few players have reached.

His first ever goal was scored in Serie B, on the 22nd of November 1992, when his Padova defeated Ternana 5-0.The other 199 goals of his career were scored with Juventus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 187)