Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (75 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Man, footbal is shit today
It's not. The problem is that it's faster than ever. You get teams who play so fast they can't even follow their own pace. I'd say Juventus, Real, Barcelona, Bayern.. those teams play some very good football. But whereas you used to have smaller teams who played attractive football too, now they're all about physicality, speed and making things tough.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It's not. The problem is that it's faster than ever. You get teams who play so fast they can't even follow their own pace. I'd say Juventus, Real, Barcelona, Bayern.. those teams play some very good football. But whereas you used to have smaller teams who played attractive football too, now they're all about physicality, speed and making things tough.
You just explained why it is. It all has to be about speed and physicallity. Defending gets worse each and every year. The number of exciting players or players with genius in them, are incredibly thinned out.

Truth is, do teams have a choise ? Are there actually players to play the better football styles ? Where are the genius passers. The trickster dribbelers that are a nightmare to defend ? Big midfield generals. Gone

I can make a huge list of iconic players of the past 2-3 decades, and you'll notice not a single player today comes close.

First, the insane fullbacks went away. Then, actual tricksters dribbelers that were effective went away. Then the #10's went away. Then all of a sudden the number of non crapshit centrebacks thinned out immensely.
Then, accurate longrange passers thinned out

The latest, is the thinning out of actual midfield generals.

Next on the list : the downfall of actual profilic box to box midfielders

- - - Updated - - -

I'll agree on one thing : I keep enjoy watching juve, and italy(cause its mostly juve). They preserved their style.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You just explained why it is.
It depends on how you define better. Midtable Serie A teams would beat the crap out of early 90's Juventus, simply because they'd be bigger, faster, stronger and more organized. There's no way teams from 20 years ago could match the pace the game is played at today.

But if you look at it in terms of excitement.. Yeah, it's probably not as pretty. Although you also have to keep in mind that in the 90's we were children and as such emotions were obviously stronger back then.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It depends on how you define better. Midtable Serie A teams would beat the crap out of early 90's Juventus, simply because they'd be bigger, faster, stronger and more organized. There's no way teams from 20 years ago could match the pace the game is played at today.

But if you look at it in terms of excitement.. Yeah, it's probably not as pretty. Although you also have to keep in mind that in the 90's we were children and as such emotions were obviously stronger back then.
Thats ridiculous

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It's not. The reason football is played the way it is today is because it brings results.
No, football adapts depending on what brings the most succes with the players you got.

Today, there is shit defending, no creativity, no genious, no actual dribbeling, poor passing.

But there all alot of pacy physical dudes, so lets play 80/90ties english football, see how that goes

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, football adapts depending on what brings the most succes with the players you got.

Today, there is shit defending, no creativity, no genious, no actual dribbeling, poor passing.

But there all alot of pacy physical dudes, so lets play 80/90ties english football, see how that goes

I'm just going to stop responding.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This relation exists at least as strongly in the other direction too. I'd argue much more so.
example, the premier league.

They were highly succesfull from the mid 00's till early 10's. Today, they are shit, despite having all that cash.
Style is the same.

However, there is a load of talented defenders, midfielders and forwards that are gone. Players who'd walk into any EPL team today. All gone.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
example, the premier league.

They were highly succesfull from the mid 00's till early 10's. Today, they are shit, despite having all that cash.
Style is the same.

However, there is a load of talented defenders, midfielders and forwards that are gone. Players who'd walk into any EPL team today. All gone.

With the Premier League I wonder if they simply don't train enough to focus on tactics. Obviously I don't know what Chelsea or Arsenal do during the week, but it's always said they play more games, but train less than Italian or Spanish teams. I also the think the overemphasis on weights might hurt EPL teams. I know Diego Simeone in particular doesn't believe in them at all and it's not as if Atletico are physically weak. Obviously some lifting might improve players, but too much of it might make them sluggish and tired.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The Premier League's biggest strength is also its biggest weakness. Money [Especially the non-football owners]. There's no need to invest in and put emphasis on football infrastructure.

The two strongest football countries in Europe are also the two countries with the best infrastructure.

But in time and with the development of english football they'll be dominant.

With the right coaching Premier League have 4 really strong teams in City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal with honorable mentions for the sub-top (Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton).

No league can brag with this depth and money. In the long run it should be an advantage.

May 23, 2013
Me too. With Camoranesi dancing the tango on the sidelines with mama Trez... Lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I dreamt that I was watching Alex and Trez together again.
We was young again.
That was the aim of the vid :nico:

- - - Updated - - -

Another legendary perfect season ruined by a CL final loss. Fuuuck
Id imagine that loss was far more disappointing than our most recent one considering the strength of the team. :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 65)