Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (49 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
It's okay. The things I did when Ale scored/played are embarrassing but beautiful memories.

His goal vs Germany semi final, I took my shirt off with my boxers on and started running around my neighbors doors screaming and shouting :lol2::lol2: one old lady called me son of a bitch.

I also remember that goal vs Zenit, the freekick goal, I screamed so much and suddenly broke into tears :D. My mom was watching with me, she was pretty sure I wasn't healthy.
Same here. I wish I could be excited by football like this till my last day, but Ale is the only one that makes me act like a fool (Sounds gay, I know :D ).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I was very young but I remember defending him like crazy, telling everyone to get lost, saying that he was the best, I barely understood football then but I had to defend my hero. Refused to take my Del Piero jersey off.
He had tough time after Euro. I remember Italian media were brutal. But that goal against Germany was his redemption in a way.

The finger to the sky, btw, is because he dedicated the goal to his father (he died few months before the WC).
He died in February 2001 iirc.

Aug 17, 2007
What a day it was. Trap ruined that talented team which could have otherwise had a good chance of winning one of the poorest (quality wise) world cups.
I kinda liked 2002 WC. Except of the winner and Italy's early exit.

Anyway, you're right about Trap. Ale had to explain him that he's a forward and not a trequartista so he benched him. 4 years earlier another great team of the Azzurri looked like shit because of the coach (Cesare Maldini). Those could be two of the best national teams ever.

- - - Updated - - -

He had tough time after Euro. I remember Italian media were brutal. But that goal against Germany was his redemption in a way.

He died in February 2001 iirc.
Yeah, I think you're right. So more than a year passed between the death and that goal.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I kinda liked 2002 WC. Except of the winner and Italy's early exit.

Anyway, you're right about Trap. Ale had to explain him that he's a forward and not a trequartista so he benched him. 4 years earlier another great team of the Azzurri looked like shit because of the coach (Cesare Maldini). Those could be two of the best national teams ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think you're right. So more than a year passed between the death and that goal.
I liked that world cup as well. Can't remember myself being as big a football fan as I was back in 2002 and 2003.

Aug 17, 2007
I liked that world cup as well. Can't remember myself being as big a football fan as I was back in 2002 and 2003.
I don't like this game as I liked it 10 years ago. A lot more money and a lot less talent and magic IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out Ale in this vid: http://sport.sky.it/sport/calcio_estero/2013/06/13/confederations_2013_del_piero_intervista.html

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
What a day it was. Trap ruined that talented team which could have otherwise had a good chance of winning one of the poorest (quality wise) world cups.
The 2002 team was more talented than the 2006 one imo. If not for that Korea game I think they would have at least reached the finals

- - - Updated - - -

there's another one with him in City's shirt...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 42)