Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (106 Viewers)

Aug 17, 2007
I like this part of the interview..

Would you have invited Del Piero to Juve's first game? - Yes I would have invited him said Del Piero.

Agnelli didn't even invited him for the opener match :touched: and some people think Ale will be in the management someday and that Agnelli has nothing personal with him. Ahhhhhhhhhh come gioca Agnell's unibrow.
And where are the fans, ffs, where are they?

Good luck with staying up all night...I guess I'll go to sleep and wake up like zombie, just like last Saturday :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that our success in the past season, and the overall feeling of relief for being superior to our enemies and having the scuddetto on the horizon... made fans stay calmed about ale´s situation. If we were losing like the previous seasons, and on top of that agnelli marotta and conte pulled that move on del piero... im pretty sure that hell would have gone loose outside of Juve HQs

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I think that our success in the past season, and the overall feeling of relief for being superior to our enemies and having the scuddetto on the horizon... made fans stay calmed about ale´s situation. If we were losing like the previous seasons, and on top of that agnelli marotta and conte pulled that move on del piero... im pretty sure that hell would have gone loose outside of Juve HQs
You mean us being back on top kept the fans satisfied? Well I would have never thought...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
You mean us being back on top kept the fans satisfied? Well I would have never thought...
They were mad about the DP situation, but the happyness of our success in the league and all that was going on IMO definitely affected. We were like in a honeymoon, even Del Piero was scoring everytime he came in, and also one key factor was that Del Piero never ever stirred controversy or moaned totti style. He never talked bad about agnelli and always kept the situatoon very low profile.

That also helped a lot.

If DP wanted, he could have gathered the masses and indirectly order a riot at Juve HQ, but he didnt.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Thank god he never stirred, and that is why most of us fell in love with him.

He is gone from our pitch and nothing will change that, why would someone want that the fans would start ruining our season is beyond me.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Its not conscience Raz. All born out of passion. the same passion that kept Ale quiet all the while, when for most it was so clear that he wanted to stay. He may or may not have had game time or a place in the line up, we have already discussed those things and gotten past, but i dont think we should forget how he was ousted. Very unfairly treated. Winning the scudetto had a lot to to with the fact that fans were distracted by the success to create a furore about the situation. And Alex, like the man that he is, knows that nothng is bigger than the club. He knew it was better to walk away silently and let the club keep this path. I know for a fact that if this was another 5-7th place season, he wouldve revolted to stay on. Agnelli should be ashamed of how he dealt with the siatuoan. 0 CLASS.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Its not conscience Raz. All born out of passion. the same passion that kept Ale quiet all the while, when for most it was so clear that he wanted to stay. He may or may not have had game time or a place in the line up, we have already discussed those things and gotten past, but i dont think we should forget how he was ousted. Very unfairly treated. Winning the scudetto had a lot to to with the fact that fans were distracted by the success to create a furore about the situation. And Alex, like the man that he is, knows that nothng is bigger than the club. He knew it was better to walk away silently and let the club keep this path. I know for a fact that if this was another 5-7th place season, he wouldve revolted to stay on. Agnelli should be ashamed of how he dealt with the siatuoan. 0 CLASS.

Certainly not a best way this ended, I still hope in the future to see him at the club. Anyway, what I don't get is why would people wish for fans to revolt? It's nothing new that a legend (I know DP is legend of legends here in Juve) was treated similary when his form came to an end. Anyway I don't want to talk a lot on this subject since I will be again labeled a hater or any other lesser human being and I have no will to argue about it.

If this is indeed the way it really ended and he won't be called back to Juve, then It'll be a sad end to a beautifull tale.

enzo

May 14, 2012
@baggio: You hit the nail on the top when you were talking of passion, rather than conscience.

Certainly not a best way this ended, I still hope in the future to see him at the club.
We all do. And of course, it hasn't ended the best way possible. Before the last season, I have never wasted a thought of Del Piero moving away or ending his career. At least I have successfully ignored this possibility. I guess, that's what a lot of us did. And then, out of nowhere, what no one ever could imagine has become reality. People got struck by lightning when Agnelli suddenly banged on not extending Ale's contract. It almost looked like, he was kicking him out. People were shocked, angry, anxious, mad and sad. I agree with @baggio, when he say things would have gone in a different direction, if we had not performed in a different direction.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Alessandro Del Piero has revealed that he turned down the chance to join Liverpool over the summer transfer window because of the memories of the Heysel distaster, while he was already in advanced talks with Sydney FC as well.

Thirty-nine Juventus fans died during the stadium tragedy in 1985, and the former Italy international feels joining the Premier League side would be too sensitive a move.

"Talks with Sydney were already in an advanced stage when Liverpool came knocking, and then I thought about what had happened at Heysel," he told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Juventus and Liverpool have been able to rebuild their relationship, but that tragedy will forever be on the mind of many people."

Del Piero then went on to voice his disappointment with his departure from Juventus, but praised Bianconeri fans for the warm farewell they gave him.

"I never thought I would leave Juventus like this. I never even imagined this some 18 months ago. However, things then changed.

"I leave with a feeling of satisfaction, though, knowing that I always gave everything for Juventus.

"The fans outdid themselves for my farewell game. I knew that the fans liked me, but never thought I'd be that popular. Gigi Buffon told me that he envied me."

The 37-year-old made his Sydney debut at the weekend as they lost 2-0 against Wellington Phoenix.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
It was clearly obvious that Angelli had a big part of his departure. It's sad that one of the greatest Juve platers ever, if not the greatest, had to leave in such way. Agnelli's ego couldn't handle all the affection from the our fans and opposing fans to the captain. I smell some kind of jealousy, because del piero wasn't done yet, and he was more than capable of delivering for 20-30 min a game as a super sub.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 100)