Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (50 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah, that too. It will be ashame if he'll end up in Sion. He still has much to give in the high levels. Clubs don't offer him contracts only because of his age IMO. Idiots.
Idiots? You mean whole football world run by professionals, that do their job by scouting, coaching and buying and selling players every day, everyone of them are idiots and you, just a fanboy/girl who has absolutely no knowledge and experience in this field are a smart one and know more?

I think you got it all wrong who's the idiot in this case.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Idiots? You mean whole football world run by professionals, that do their job by scouting, coaching and buying and selling players every day, everyone of them are idiots and you, just a fanboy/girl who has absolutely no knowledge and experience in this field are a smart one and know more?

I think you got it all wrong who's the idiot in this case.
Are you telling me that Galliani (for example) isn't an idiot?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Are you telling me that Galliani (for example) isn't an idiot?
Trick question? :D

Nah, I'm just saying that if professionals all around the world see that Del Piero is quite past it, including our own team, I think there might be some truth in it. Especially considering that only hardcore DP fans see that he is still capable, who mind you, have no real experience or knowledge in this field.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Del Piero being past his best doesn't mean he's finished as a football player though, he's past being WC attacker, but he's still pretty fucking good attacker, if he wanted a gig in an Italian team, he'd have gotten it a long ago, too bad the EPL and La Liga teams don't know what they're letting slip right past their noses.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Del Piero being past his best doesn't mean he's finished as a football player though, he's past being WC attacker, but he's still pretty fucking good attacker, if he wanted a gig in an Italian team, he'd have gotten it a long ago, too bad the EPL and La Liga teams don't know what they're letting slip right past their noses.
What I'm saying is that to top teams and even to mid table ones he obviously seems obsolete and would be just a burden, otherwise he would have signed already. And comments like "too bad EPL and La Liga teams don't know stuff" really looks retarded, they know much more then you or I will ever know, because they work at it every single day.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What I'm saying is that to top teams and even to mid table ones he obviously seems obsolete and would be just a burden, otherwise he would have signed already. And comments like "too bad EPL and La Liga teams don't know stuff" really looks retarded, they know much more then you or I will ever know, because they work at it every single day.
English football managers like Phil Brown and Roy Hodgson actually strike me as the type who has never seen a Serie A game and often guys like this are the ones taking the big decisions, even if we have a competent scout team behind them.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Ok, you got me there, forgot that the fucker worked in Italy once. Anyways, read and interview with him before the Euros were it was pretty obvious that he thought Pirlo is still playing for Milan.
Look it this way, if DP would be out of contract 4 years ago, these fuckers who know nothing would have jumped hoops to get him for free.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Look it this way, if DP would be out of contract 4 years ago, these fuckers who know nothing would have jumped hoops to get him for free.
Exactly, but because now they see he's 37, no one's willing to take a risk, although he proved last season that he can still be pretty fucking decisive. Glad to see you're finally agreeing with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)