Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (64 Viewers)

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
If you watched the game (and I am sure you did), after seeing Juve going up 2-0, it is pretty much a given that we will not attack. Even if Zlatan was still in the game, I wouldn't think it would make any difference. He would most likely get ZERO midfield support and would probably mean Zlatan vs Inter's defense. He would probably be hacked to death (just like the 1st half) and his performance will most likely not differ too much from DP's performance in the 2nd half.

Can you honestly say that in the 2nd half, we had any attacking initiative other than stopping inter's attack and sending a long ball to whoever that is out there and watch them get chopped?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

Of course you do.
Since you’re not objective that’s not that strange.

You could draw a diagram over the objectiveness of people here in an easy way.
I agree on being nearer Ibra than the others, but some in here would have fun pictures.
For example Seven or Tony Montana. Not to mention that banned guy from Romania.

The further out from centre you are the less objective…

This is my picture. Wonder witch one in here that would get the smallest area. ;).
This showes how objektive you are.
I am a Juve fan. and then a fan of juve players. I am sure and have allways said that every single player will be useful for juve this season. We have 5 strikers who can make the differnce in a game. How can you tell me that DP is not more a player who can make the difference? did not you see the game against Ascoli? if there was not DP we could have drawed against them. did not you see the second half against rapid? after DP and Mutu came in everything changed, we had fire on our game.
neither Zlatan or DP can decide everygame. They are also human like us, and can not be on top everytime they play.

there are games where the charaktaristic of Zlatan is needed and other where DP, trez or Mutu are needed.
BTW, Zlatan is one of my favourite players too, and I am very happy that he is at juve. The difference between me and you is that I say Zlatan is a juve player and you say Juve is Zlatans team.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

I am a Juve fan. and then a fan of juve players. I am sure and have allways said that every single player will be useful for juve this season. We have 5 strikers who can make the differnce in a game. How can you tell me that DP is not more a player who can make the difference? did not you see the game against Ascoli? if there was not DP we could have drawed against them. did not you see the second half against rapid? after DP and Mutu came in everything changed, we had fire on our game.
neither Zlatan or DP can decide everygame. They are also human like us , and can not be on top everytime they play.

there are games where the charaktaristic of Zlatan is needed and other where DP, trez or Mutu are needed.
BTW, Zlatan is one of my favourite players too, and I am very happy that he is at juve. The difference between me and you is that I say Zlatan is a juve player and you say Juve is Zlatans team.
humans that earn millions and millions more than us

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Arttk ] ++
If you watched the game (and I am sure you did), after seeing Juve going up 2-0, it is pretty much a given that we will not attack.
Yes I did.
True and false. We did not attack, but I can promise you that Cappello wanted some counterattacks. I would presume that he also wanted us to be better in holding the ball.

Even if Zlatan was still in the game, I wouldn't think it would make any difference. He would most likely get ZERO midfield support and would probably mean Zlatan vs Inter's defense. He would probably be hacked to death (just like the 1st half) and his performance will most likely not differ too much from DP's performance in the 2nd half.
Also true and false.
He would not have got the support but as a targetplayer he would have kept the ball occasionally witch would have resulted in that midfield would have stpped up, witch they wore unable to do with no targetplayer or players in attack whom could hold the ball.
The performance would have been totally different from DP. Not because he is a better player (witch I think he is today) then DP, cause he is another type of player creating time and space.

Can you honestly say that in the 2nd half, we had any attacking initiative other than stopping inter's attack and sending a long ball to whoever that is out there and watch them get chopped?
No, I can’t.
But we would have had it with other players.
Mutu for example would have created more on his own in my opinion.

Ps. You can hardly be criticized for being subjective by being realistic. Or what do you think Maresca? Ds.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

Yes I did.
True and false. We did not attack, but I can promise you that Cappello wanted some counterattacks. I would presume that he also wanted us to be better in holding the ball.

Also true and false.
He would not have got the support but as a targetplayer he would have kept the ball occasionally witch would have resulted in that midfield would have stpped up, witch they wore unable to do with no targetplayer or players in attack whom could hold the ball.
The performance would have been totally different from DP. Not because he is a better player (witch I think he is today) then DP, cause he is another type of player creating time and space.

No, I can’t.

Ps. You can hardly be criticized for being subjective by being realistic. Or what do you think Maresca? Ds.
you said that DP can not be decisive in a match. and this is simply not objective. I agree with that he is not the same like the time before his injuiry, but he still can decide a game.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
I am a Juve fan. and then a fan of juve players. I am sure and have allways said that every single player will be useful for juve this season.
Ok. I´m a Juve fan to.
Explain how Bonnefoi will be important?

We have 5 strikers who can make the differnce in a game. How can you tell me that DP is not more a player who can make the difference? did not you see the game against Ascoli? if there was not DP we could have drawed against them.
Cause he does not have the same impact and he is not as important on the pitch as Trez and Ibra. Why do you think Cappello doesn´t play him as often? Cause he is more important???

I saw the game against Ascoli. Against Ascoli!!!!!!!
And I´ve said it 1000 of times. DP is a great player. But he is on his way down, and he has been for a while now.

did not you see the second half against rapid? after DP and Mutu came in everything changed, we had fire on our game.
neither Zlatan or DP can decide everygame. They are also human like us, and can not be on top everytime they play.
But not everyplayer is as good as the other.
Give me one example when Cappello will sub Ibra for DP in a game against lets say Chelsea.
And were under by 2 goals.

Do not type that ever again.
You don’t know me and you never will.
I´m Italian and saw my first game 27 years ago at Stadio Vecchio Comunale.
I respect your opinions even though I don´t shear many of them.
We both cheer for the same team, but if you try to suggest I´m not putting Juve first…, well…, just go fûck yourself.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
Yes I did.
Well, i don't know if he would want that, I am not capello, but I would want that considering all the long balls that were sent into the other half.

Also true and false.
Well, but from what I have seen, there were little intention from the midfield to step up to offer any kind of help. Vieira and Emerson didn't really come out that much afterwards, Zambo never came down the wings to help (luckily Blasi didn't come the wing as well), and once either forward had the ball, the other would jst go off the other direction while occasionaly you might see Neddy or Camo appear. So I saw no intention of any midfield help. Also, late in the 2nd half( don't quite remember), we almost had some decent attack, but instead of pressing little bit more we just back passed all the way until we lost the ball.
So after all this bla bla bla, I don't see how Zlatan can make too much of a difference because he would've been isolated and Inter's mission appeared to be hack down any forwards trying to hold the ball.

No, I can’t.

Well, all your points seems to point to that Zlatan would make a difference and my point is that no matter who you put on, the impact would be the same.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005

Well, i don't know if he would want that, I am not capello, but I would want that considering all the long balls that were sent into the other half.

Well, but from what I have seen, there were little intention from the midfield to step up to offer any kind of help. Vieira and Emerson didn't really come out that much afterwards, Zambo never came down the wings to help (luckily Blasi didn't come the wing as well), and once either forward had the ball, the other would jst go off the other direction while occasionaly you might see Neddy or Camo appear. So I saw no intention of any midfield help. Also, late in the 2nd half( don't quite remember), we almost had some decent attack, but instead of pressing little bit more we just back passed all the way until we lost the ball.
So after all this bla bla bla, I don't see how Zlatan can make too much of a difference because he would've been isolated and Inter's mission appeared to be hack down any forwards trying to hold the ball.

Well, all your points seems to point to that Zlatan would make a difference and my point is that no matter who you put on, the impact would be the same.
Yeah, seems like that.
But I agree on almost everything you wrote.
Just that i think we get a different kind of game with Ibra. But when he is crappy... christ... he is the crappiest. :LOL:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

Ok. I´m a Juve fan to.
Explain how Bonnefoi will be important?

Cause he does not have the same impact and he is not as important on the pitch as Trez and Ibra. Why do you think Cappello doesn´t play him as often? Cause he is more important???

I saw the game against Ascoli. Against Ascoli!!!!!!!
And I´ve said it 1000 of times. DP is a great player. But he is on his way down, and he has been for a while now.

But not everyplayer is as good as the other.
Give me one example when Cappello will sub Ibra for DP in a game against lets say Chelsea.
And were under by 2 goals.

We both cheer for the same team, but if you try to suggest I´m not putting Juve first…, well…, just go fûck yourself.
I am not gonna respond you, this just shows your level and your character. We are discussing about something and you start to abuse :wallbang:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
...just go fûck yourself.
Consider this a warning. From the rules:

2. Foul language
You are not permitted to use foul language for shock value, or to attack a fellow poster, or in such a way that it is totally out of context and unnecessary. Occasional outbursts will not be acted upon, you will not be penalized for the occasional "damn" or "hell". Should continuous use exist, however, action will be taken accordingly.

3. Mutual respect
The key aspect of successful interaction in a community comprising any set of members is respect. All participants, Juve fans or not, want to be respected, regardless of their heritage, geographical location, age, gender, financial situation, political background and culture. That kind of mutual respect is exactly what we wish to achieve. Therefore we ask you to respect other posters, recognize that your point-of-view is not the only possible one, and encourage them to participate in the forums. That way your position will be respected and others will feel comfortable as well.

Should you disagree with someone, respect them for who they are and do not make personal attacks. Imagine yourself in the other person's situation. Surely, you wouldn't like someone attacking you? Keep a cool head in a situation of conflict and keep in mind that the wiser man will step down. If you feel someone is attacking you, stay clear of them. If the problem persists, contact a moderator to solve the problem.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005

Loosing it yet? It took you one month and not three like i originally thought.

Oh and by the way, Seven is DDR me on the other hand is very objektive. The reason you got the wrong impression is because some fans cant handle when you give fair critique of their favorite player. So they brand you biased.

And i can guarantee you if you keep writing the things you write about Del Piero you will be branded mr unobjektivity too by some forummembers. Even though you speak objektively.

But Maresca is allright and has been very friendly to me even though i support Zlatan and has never questioned my loyalty to Juventus, even when i sometimes come down hard on DP. I wish the both of you would stop arguing petty bullshit, come on guys you are above that shit. Leave it too me instead;)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004

I am not gonna respond you, this just shows your level and your character. We are discussing about something and you start to abuse :wallbang:
Alan,I must admit that you really know to behave.
Even if you are not sharing someone's opinion,you are answering with dignity and respect,without ruffle.:)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Boys, stop crap talk, we are supporters of the greatest football team human history has seen. At least. lets be at the same level than the team we support....

To bash or glorify a player for his performance in one or two games is just not valid. Zlatan, DP, Trez, Emo, Vieira, camo, needy and all the others are fantastic players who make his maxium effort to make this team win.

But lets remember they are humans as us and can fail.

And be grateful to have the opportunity to enjoy and support the great Juventus.....

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Boys, stop crap talk, we are supporters of the greatest football team human history has seen. At least. lets be at the same level than the team we support....

To bash or glorify a player for his performance in one or two games is just not valid. Zlatan, DP, Trez, Emo, Vieira, camo, needy and all the others are fantastic players who make his maxium effort to make this team win.

And be grateful to have the opportunity to enjoy and support the great Juventus.....
:thumb:

1000% agree, great post !!!

:thumb:

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005

Amen to that and Maresca I gotta say you really really know how to behave. Some people seem to forget that we are all wearing the same shirt.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

I agree 100% with you. I was trying to make this clear all the time, and because of that I did not respond his unfair attack..
forza juve.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Oh and by the way, Seven is DDR me on the other hand is very objektive. The reason you got the wrong impression is because some fans cant handle when you give fair critique of their favorite player. So they brand you biased.

And i can guarantee you if you keep writing the things you write about Del Piero you will be branded mr unobjektivity too by some forummembers. Even though you speak objektively.

But Maresca is allright and has been very friendly to me even though i support Zlatan and has never questioned my loyalty to Juventus, even when i sometimes come down hard on DP. I wish the both of you would stop arguing petty bullshit, come on guys you are above that shit. Leave it too me instead;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by TonyMontana ] ++

Well, Zlatan and DP are both favourite players of mine. He just said that DP can not decide a game and I told him that DP is still good and can be decisive.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005

Well, Zlatan and DP are both favourite players of mine. He just said that DP can not decide a game and I told him that DP is still good and can be decisive.
I know, i didnt mean anything about you. I just responded to him writing the following which i found offensive. That he actually puts me in the same category as Seven:D Argggh

By Holygrail

You could draw a diagram over the objectiveness of people here in an easy way.
I agree on being nearer Ibra than the others, but some in here would have fun pictures.
For example Seven or Tony Montana. Not to mention that banned guy from Romania.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 61)