Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (231 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
you still got the one I sent you? It's one of my fav class D.P pics.
also you could have one of him from the calcio oscars, that suit looked classy on him.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
But only because Cannavaro was unbelievable.

He is now well past that and there is no outstanding candidate to partner Chiellini in the future.
Personally I think the partnership of Chiellini and Legro is really good and worth of international trial. I think they are 2 of the best Italian defenders today.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Personally I think the partnership of Chiellini and Legro is really good and worth of international trial. I think they are 2 of the best Italian defenders today.
Legrottaglie-Chiellini is good, but I'm pretty sure Cannavaro-Chiellini would be better if they played toogether enough to gain some kind of understanding.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Just some thoughts into consideration. I wasnt aware of this before just now:

"After playing in the 1994 FIFA World Cup, Parma wanted to buy Dino Baggio. At first, Dino Baggio rejected the offer by Parma and wanted to stay at Juventus. Juventus were ready to offer Parma a youngster named Alessandro Del Piero instead of Baggio; Parma accepted, and with Del Piero all ready to go to Parma, Dino Baggio changed his mind on his decision and decided he would make the move to Parma. Del Piero stayed at Juventus and later became a legend at the club."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Baggio

Thank you Dino!

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Thats something new even though I do not know whether its true. Also, looking at the time-line, the D. Baggio move was just before Lippi came in as coach ...

That Parma team was very strong in those days ...

Mar 24, 2006

"After playing in the 1994 FIFA World Cup, Parma wanted to buy Dino Baggio. At first, Dino Baggio rejected the offer by Parma and wanted to stay at Juventus. Juventus were ready to offer Parma a youngster named Alessandro Del Piero instead of Baggio; Parma accepted, and with Del Piero all ready to go to Parma, Dino Baggio changed his mind on his decision and decided he would make the move to Parma. Del Piero stayed at Juventus and later became a legend at the club."

Thank you Dino!
Phffffff ...
Thanks God ,
I can't imagine if i had an Idol named Dino-saurus

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Thank you Dino!
And was that the glorious Moggi who was willing to let Del Piero go?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thats something new even though I do not know whether its true. Also, looking at the time-line, the D. Baggio move was just before Lippi came in as coach ...

That Parma team was very strong in those days ...
I've heard it before. But even if it's true, you also have to consider how hard it is to see what players might become. I doubt that anyone thought that Del Piero would become this big.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I've heard about this one too.

Would still like to know why Dino changed his mind. Some says he had an argument with the mang and this is how he decided to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 223)