Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (239 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
when you're thinking that dp is starting to get old...to loose his sense of goal..when you are looking on the bench and see trez or iaquinta and thinking : well, let's make a sub...then Il Capitano will amaze u :)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No I'm serious, specially Ale, I'm pretty positive he can play 160 comfortably per week.
So am I. Especially if you consider his current playing style. It's not as if we ask him to keep running for 90 minutes. His teammates actually allow him to get some rest on the pitch every now and then.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
what a pathetic game, in hindsight i am so dissapointed ale didn't play, although i'm happy he got a good rest, from the view of someone who loves football, it's such a shame he did not play, italy were crying out for some class and invention........

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's because Ale wasn't there. I noticed that.

And here's what the Romanian commentator said about Camo's backheel pass "Oh well, had Del Piero been there your backheel pass would of come out classy"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The way I see it Italy's biggest problem is that it should have been able to replace both Del Piero and Totti by now. Unfortunately there is no Italian of that magnitude right now and it's going to be the reason why they'll fail in 2010.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But only because Cannavaro was unbelievable.

He is now well past that and there is no outstanding candidate to partner Chiellini in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 236)