Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (43 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's not true. It's simply not true. And even if it was it wouldn't make a difference, he wanted to take the fifth. But like I said, it can't be true, unless Del Piero wanted to make sure the fifth (in his mind decisive) penalty would be a goal.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Aren't you guys as yet accustomed to ADP being made the scapegoat for the Azzurri? How many times has this happened. Faggadoni should look a little more closely at the fact that he brought in Di Natale way earlier than Del Piero in the Spain game and he did shit. DP changed the game in the 10 min he played. Italy's poor performances in the Euros can be attributed to one main reason: the poor tactics that Faggadoni employed and that's the bottom line

And his reasons for starting Cassano & Toni both are beyond me

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's not true. It's simply not true. And even if it was it wouldn't make a difference, he wanted to take the fifth. But like I said, it can't be true, unless Del Piero wanted to make sure the fifth (in his mind decisive) penalty would be a goal.
Anyway, it wouldn't really make a diff like you said...And the funny thing would be, is that if Donadoni really asked Ale to take the first one.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyway, it wouldn't really make a diff like you said...And the funny thing would be, is that if Donadoni really asked Ale to take the first one.
I am 100% sure i read after that match how Donadoni said that he doesn't decide the penalty takers, and he never obligated his players to take the penalties.
This is pure BS. Donadoni admited that he didn't tell them anything regarding who to take a penalty and when.

Edit : Here you can see what did Donadoni say
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=747733

However, Donadoni has revealed that he did not decide who would take them and instead went only with those who felt they were ready.

"We made the decision simply because you have to feel you are ready to take a penalty," he explained.

"I don't decide the penalty takers, I don't oblige them to take them. We decide together when we know how they are feeling.

Btw, this bullshit article is writen in Il Giornale.
Guess who owns this newspaper ?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I am 100% sure i read after that match how Donadoni said that he doesn't decide the penalty takers, and he never obligated his players to take the penalties.
This is pure BS. Donadoni admited that he didn't tell them anything regarding who to take a penalty and when.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=747733

However, Donadoni has revealed that he did not decide who would take them and instead went only with those who felt they were ready.

"We made the decision simply because you have to feel you are ready to take a penalty," he explained.

"I don't decide the penalty takers, I don't oblige them to take them. We decide together when we know how they are feeling.

Btw, this bullshit article is writen in Il Giornale.
Guess who owns this newspaper ?
I have no idea, but I'll give it a guess...... Cambiasso's Father? :D

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Even if it is true, so fucking what?? He is free to take any order he wishes. Donadoni is an idiot if he said these..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
lol the media wants to make DP the scapegoat for the Azzurri again eh?

Man I feel sorry for DP, you can also be blasted for not walking up and take a penalty. But we all know that DP always has class and intelligence, that's y we all love him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 39)