-------------Gilardino ------- Toni

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Here is my team:

-------------------------Buffon/--------------------------
-------------------------Peruzzi--------------------------
-----------------------De Sanctis------------------------

Zambrotta/------Nesta/-----Cannavaro/------Grosso/
Zaccardo-------Materazzi----Barzagli-----(Zambrotta)
--Oddo-----------------------------------------------------

Camoranesi/------Pirlo/------De Rossi/-----(Marchionni)
Marchionni-------Perotta-----Gattuso-----------(Fiore)
---Fiore----------(Fiore)-----------------------(Zambrotta)

---------------------------Totti/----------------------------
-------------------------------------Del Piero---------->>

------------------Toni/---------Gilardino/----------------
------------------Inzaghi------(Del Piero)---------------
-----------------------------------(Totti)------------------

My squad would be:

GKs (3): Buffon, Peruzzi, De Sanctis
DEFs (8): Zambrotta, Nesta, Cannavaro, Grosso, Zaccardo, Materazzi, Barzagli, Oddo
MIDs (7): Camoranesi, Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchionni, Gattuso, Perrotta, Fiore
FWDs (5): Totti, Del Piero, Toni, Gilardino, Inzaghi

The above table shows how much flexibility there would be in the line-up. I think Marchionni, Fiore and Zambrotta give us a lot of flexibility on the wings. In addition, Oddo should be called up - he is having a good season and he can give a lot of bite on the right flank. Given that Zambrotta can play at left back....it means that if Grosso is suspended, then Zambo goes to left back and then Zaccardo or Oddo goes to right back.

If Totti is not able to be fit by the world cup, then you know that Del Piero could take his place or we could play with Fiore, Camo, Marchionni, and Zambrotta as wingers in a 4-4-2. If Totti does not recover in time, then I would seriously think about actually calling Cassano if he is fit and playing well.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
i would like to discuss Gilardino cos i gotta admit for me the jury is out on him. I am not totally convinced with his abilities and i do not realy rank him as a top class striker and u need that in the world cup. As Italy will be facing top teams, i am not just totally convinced about him unfortunately i cannot find a viable alternative, pity Cassano looks very poor at madrid

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
denco said:
i would like to discuss Gilardino cos i gotta admit for me the jury is out on him. I am not totally convinced with his abilities and i do not realy rank him as a top class striker and u need that in the world cup. As Italy will be facing top teams, i am not just totally convinced about him unfortunately i cannot find a viable alternative, pity Cassano looks very poor at madrid
I can't blame Cassano for that though...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
denco said:
I've thought this for awhile

Inzaghi is looking like the better choice to start than Gila

del pietro

Aug 13, 2005
.......................................Buffon............................................

....Zambrotta............Nesta..........Canna..............Chiellini.....

..........Camoranesi..........Gattuso............Pirlo........

........................................Totti..................................

.....................Vieri..........................Del Piero...................

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Why would you possibly choose Vieri, who has been out of form since Euro 2004, above Toni or Gilardino who are both playing very well?

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Rami said:
You can blame him for that stupid move....
100& agree, and I think he will not be call for the world cup, and he has only he to blame for it.

At this moment I would even choose Vieri instead of him.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Mr. Gol said:
Why would you possibly choose Vieri, who has been out of form since Euro 2004, above Toni or Gilardino who are both playing very well?
I think Toni and Gilardino will start for Italy, sadly, DP starting place depend on Totti's condition in the World Cup.

Da_BrOmX

Apr 2, 2006
----------------------Buffon----------------------

---Zambrotta---Nesta---Cannavaro----Grosso

----Camoranesi-----Gattuso---------------Pirlo

-----------------------Totti------------------------

---------------Toni--------- inzaghi---------------

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
denco said:

That could be a blessing in disguise, come to think of it. The world cup is a time, when the ones you least expect, come up with telling contributions. Of course, the Baggios and Ronaldos of the world are always the exceptions. But given the time of the season, a lot depends on the team's form, before boiling down to individuals. On a personal note though, I'm expecting Toni to deliver big time. Let's hope his ammunition doesnt run out when the Serie A season does.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Espectro said:
After tonigth Im convince... forget Cassano, forget Vieri, forget Iaquinta...

Inzagui is the man!!!! :cool:

Inzaghi is more instinct than ability. He has nothing to contribute as far as team play goes and if we come down to missing that last touch, then maybe yes, but anything more, and I'd have to say I'd rather Vieri or Iaquinta make the trip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)