If you jump, Balotelli dies(Se Saltelli Muore Balotelli) (4 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, I like Balotelli and it's not because he's black. From an objective point of view, he's one of the most talented youngsters in the world. He's a douche, sure, and he clearly needs an attitude adjustment if he's ever going to be respected. Not to mention he's an obnoxious arrogant little prick.

But.. This isn't a popularity contest, and from that perspective I don't see how someone can hate this guy at all. I guess it really depends on the person. For me, I enjoy watching genuinely talented players play football, and I really could care less about everything else.

Grow up people, it's not like you're going to marry the guy or something.
Well said.

Though its about balance, if it because more about the misbehaviour and such and less about the footie (or just talentless hack, hehe), I understand why one wouldnt like him (hate is another thing, I think its has become one convenient peer pressure thing, too many decided too quickly too hate him for it to be something to it). But aslong as the focus is what should matter, the football, and if you are wonderful and entertaining footballer, yeah then yeah the dude not being a saint exactly doesnt matter (even if it would add to it if he was). I allways enjoyed every second of seeing Romario, him being an utter ass matter for zilch, hehe.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I certainly think you overrate Balotelli abit Os, sure he's a good player but he's not this explosive player that you think he is not yet anyway.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nick, you are right. And didnt say otherwise. But shown enough for his talent to be very obvious. Its another thing if he can consistently do it and be that player in his career.

Now you're acting like Balotelli, easy my love.

The number 10 disturbed me the most TBH.
Just being honest, if someone says I like a player just because he is black, I will call him for what he is, an idiot.

And yeah hehe, He feels more like an 11 then a 10.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #952
    I still think you like him because he's black. And that won't change because it's convenient to give BS answers like, "oh he's great," when there are several other great players around yet you don't like them.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    Well said. Though its about balance, if it because more about the misbehaviour and such and less about the footie, I understand why one wouldnt like him (hate is another thing, I think its has become one convenient peer pressure thing, too many decided too quickly too hate him for it to be something to it). But aslong as the focus is what should matter, the football, and if you are wonderful and entertaining at it, yeah then yeah the dude not being a saint exactly doesnt matter (even if it would add to it if he was).

Yup. Players like Ronaldo, Balotelli, Cassano, and Zlatan all fall under the same category. It's really difficult to like them unless they play for your team. But not only is it about balance but it's really about context as well. When you see a player act like a douche it's important to see whether they have a just cause for doing so.

Balotelli, I think, is probably the only one on that list who understandably acts the way he does. If I was constantly being insulted by a bunch of racist idiots every single game from the age of 17, I probably would get very irritated. It's like some kind of defense mechanism with Balotelli. Some people deal with pricks by moaning and complaining when they are insulted like Eto'o and they are perfectly just in doing so. Others will learn to cope with it by being a prick themselves like Balo.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Yup. Players like Ronaldo, Balotelli, Cassano, and Zlatan all fall under the same category. It's really difficult to like them unless they play for your team. But not only is it about balance but it's really about context as well. When you see a player act like a douche it's important to see whether they have a just cause for doing so.

Balotelli, I think, is probably the only one on that list who understandably acts the way he does. If I was constantly being insulted by a bunch of racist idiots every single game from the age of 17, I probably would get very irritated. It's like some kind of defense mechanism with Balotelli. Some people deal with pricks by moaning and complaining when they are insulted like Eto'o and they are perfectly just in doing so. Others will learn to cope with it by being a prick themselves like Balo.

I must admit I don't find Cassano annoying, yes crying and all that business is very uncuffe but that aside I don't feel hatred towards him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I still think you like him because he's black. And that won't change because it's convenient to give BS answers like, "oh he's great," when there are several other great players around yet you don't like them.
    And I dont think, I know you are an utter bipolarish retard.

And oh, what other players are you talking about? This should be interesting.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    I must admit I don't find Cassano annoying, yes crying and all that business is very uncuffe but that aside I don't feel hatred towards him.
    I remember a certain night when Roma thrashed us 4-0 a few years back. Cassano scored a header and kicked the corner flag. I felt this incredible heartache, I can't really explain it. I went on to hate the guy for a while but then saw that he truly showed some great skill from time to time and the hate I once had for him sort of faded away.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #960
    And I dont think, I know you are an utter bipolarish retard.

And oh, what other players are you talking about? This should be interesting.
    Cardigan knows I'm a retard. What a fucking laugh.

It's not my fault you didn't explain yourself earlier in time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)