If U Take Us Cavenaghi, I´ll Kill You Guys!! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Well it was always going to be hard to get much playing time following such a horrible injury with players like Del Piero and Trezeguet in the same squad.

Jul 2, 2006
Omar Sivori is widely regarded as one of the best players, not only in Juventus’ history, but in the history of football itself.

The Argentine played for Juve from 1957 to 1965, achieving great success, while after his playing days he worked as a full-time scout for the club in Argentina, until his death in 2005.

Sivori’s son, Nestor, is a scout and agent himself, and he has urged his father’s beloved club to sign Bordeaux hitman Fernando Cavenaghi.

“If you asked me to suggest the names of three River Plate players: I would say the striker Radamel Falcao, the midfielder Oscar Ahumada, and the 19-year-old attacker Andrés Rios,” said Sivori, whose father also had a big attachment with River.

“But there is an ace who more than anyone else deserves to be a Bianconero. Fernando Cavenaghi of Bordeaux. He is 24 and he scored again at the weekend.

“He is a bomber like Crespo. He is already Juventino in his soul. My father made him love the Old Lady, as they always used to speak when Cavenaghi was in the River Plate youth team. My dad was like a father to Cavenaghi.”

Sivori also criticised the Juventus hierarchy for their transfer policy last summer, saying that many of the players bought were not up-to-standard.

"It is not easy to play for Juve, we need to know the level of players. For example, I saw that last summer Almirón, Criscito, Tiago and Andrade joined. They are not Juve players,” he concluded.

Gianni Wilson

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I was just watching a video of his days in Bordeux and I must say I haven`t seen anything special about him!
He doesn`t look any better than Gilardino

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
some guy just said that his father wanted cavenaghi to play for juve... SO WHAT???
I don't see how this is going to happen...

Let alone the fact that this is probably will be denied the next days; cavenaghi is good, he has a good goal-scoring quote (i think there was a season where he had something around 0.9 goals/game, don't know if this was the french league though). I saw him several times, and he surely is not bad.
Should he really be that juve-fanatic with all his heart (lol) then get him; he'll stay quiet and be a good 4th striker :)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Ive always rated Cavenaghi very highly,but he's never really made the big move that i thought he would back in the day.He is definatley not the player that he used to be,and thats saying something since he's only 24 now.He's sad case of a young has been IMO,and i dont see him benefitting a lot from coming to Juventus.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I like him very much actually, he's started to find his feet recently, he has been Bordeaux's best player in the past couple of months, he even got a call-up to the Argentine NT.

Jul 15, 2006
Fred will know what I'm talking about... He had a hard time adjusting in France initally after moving from Russia, but afterwards he has settled he has flourished even more then Chamakh.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He still isn`t better than Palladino IMO
I have to disagree, he is better than Palla in almost every department..he's a better finisher, a better overall striker and he's better technically. You obviously havent seen Cavenaghi play recently. He's a very good player when on form.

Fred will know what I'm talking about... He had a hard time adjusting in France initally after moving from Russia, but afterwards he has settled he has flourished even more then Chamakh.
Completely true. Chamakh lost his place in the lineup lately, as even Bellion has been in good form this season

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Cavenaghi is a striker, Palladino is a support striker.

It all depends on what the coach wants next season. I personally wouldnt mind having Cavenaghi as back up to Trezeguet. But once again, we cant afford to have so many strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)