If U Take Us Cavenaghi, I´ll Kill You Guys!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I've seen them both play, but saying one is better than another isn't too fair.

Cavenaghi is a goal scorer while Tavez is more the creative type (even though he's not a playmaker).

Tavez is excellant and very promising, but then again, so was Riquelme and he didn't exactly astonish Europe. he's doing better now, but it just goes to show that you have to wait for these young players to mature. I'd still wait another year before conisdering him. They could be an instant hit of course, like Kaka, but that's not the norm.
thanx majed:thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
most people actually regard Tavez as the next big prospect comming out of Argentina.

And I'd be excited about that if I hadn't heard that four million times before about players who've sucked...

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'm hearing that CSKA bought Cavenaghi for 15m euros. :dazed:

The news was on a TV show in Italy. It may be just silly rumors by a wannabe journalist.

Chileno

May 4, 2004
Salas aint going back to Juve. If theres one team that didn't care much for him it was Juve. The trainer didn't pay atention to him while he was there so I doubt he will go back no. Just are going to have to watch him dazzle the Argentine league.

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Chileno ] ++
Salas aint going back to Juve. If theres one team that didn't care much for him it was Juve. The trainer didn't pay atention to him while he was there so I doubt he will go back no. Just are going to have to watch him dazzle the Argentine league.
lippi is out...:eek:

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
I saw both Cave and Tevez couple of time on TV, to be honest Cave didnt make much oif an impact, he scores a lot but it seems to me he need to much time and space, he wouldnt get half of that in Europe (and the third of that in serie-a). But sure he is young enough to get used to another champioship, and sure he can score, so for second choice maybe ok, but I donno his price (about 10 mil?)

Tevez, well for me he is another story, if anyone of you didnt see him, he's playing style reminds me of DP, he can dribble, pass and score (not only from inside the box), BUT he's got a Davids like mentality!!! He is like a devil on the pitch, fast, agressive, willing, the leader of the pack every time. Im not sure he can breakthru in europe, but if he try's, he should try it in Juve cause I fall in love with the way he is playing.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

And I'd be excited about that if I hadn't heard that four million times before about players who've sucked...
I know what you mean! :stress:

That "next best thing" is gonna come oneday. At least Tavez is a candidate. Even if he doesn't make it, the possibility that he'll make it makes it worth watching him closely.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
I saw both Cave and Tevez couple of time on TV, to be honest Cave didnt make much oif an impact, he scores a lot but it seems to me he need to much time and space, he wouldnt get half of that in Europe (and the third of that in serie-a). But sure he is young enough to get used to another champioship, and sure he can score, so for second choice maybe ok, but I donno his price (about 10 mil?)

Tevez, well for me he is another story, if anyone of you didnt see him, he's playing style reminds me of DP, he can dribble, pass and score (not only from inside the box), BUT he's got a Davids like mentality!!! He is like a devil on the pitch, fast, agressive, willing, the leader of the pack every time. Im not sure he can breakthru in europe, but if he try's, he should try it in Juve cause I fall in love with the way he is playing.
Tevez is also just as ugly as Davids ;).

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Chileno ] ++
That's cool, we don't want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)