If theres one thing about the team that frustrates you..... (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Great post, Ian.

So I take it Oddo is out of the question for you, then?
Honestly, I don't know enough about Oddo to make a judgement about him, but I'd say we shouldn't buy him in January if that is the imposition. We don't need to shift the focus to a new signing. We need to focus on making the team we have work together to win, and win more convincingly. We have a defence and a goalkeeper capable of shutting down any team in the world, we have to start doing it. We have an attack capable of scoring goals like few others, we need to do that too. If, after those things happen, we still need to add to the squad, then so be it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Roma somehow proved that with tight ass defense they can still score for fun... i envy that very much...

their point of attack is very variant.... any moves from one side could spell danger in other.. keeping opponent on their toes...
mancini , dacourt, emerson, totti , cassano.....what an engine ..

while in our case... opponent can still hold on when appiah or tacchi and the ball.. just shut Nedved or Del Piero of the game and we will be blank with ideas...

we just get the ball forward hoping for a a luck of slip up or a a carck that we can go through....

that is what dissapoints me the most about my favourite team...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Roma somehow proved that with tight ass defense they can still score for fun... i envy that very much...

their point of attack is very variant.... any moves from one side could spell danger in other.. keeping opponent on their toes...
mancini , dacourt, emerson, totti , cassano.....what an engine ..

while in our case... opponent can still hold on when appiah or tacchi and the ball.. just shut Nedved or Del Piero of the game and we will be blank with ideas...

we just get the ball forward hoping for a a luck of slip up or a a carck that we can go through....

that is what dissapoints me the most about my favourite team...
:D

True, in some way.. we were scoring for fun too in our first games of the season, though the goals took much more effort than the effort roma use to score their goals.

Why i really fear roma more than milan??? Because Milan have a fantastic defense.. but their attack makes u think a lot when Shvea is the only one that scores...and Kaka which is dangerous.

Roma, thay have a great defence,, not so fashioned like milans,, but in fact they are doing a great job... but in attack....... all of those guys playing together like a machine..and having Totti as the engineer of that machine, is what makes this team a lethal weapon.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    well real is a special case. it doesnt work like that for other teams because they have a bottom to their pockets, they are under pressure to do well, and arent on the top by miles overall.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    For that read Real Madrid
    Real Madrid doesn't win most of their games on their artistry, that's a myth. Madrid scrapes out a lot of goals. Hell, Ronaldo scores a lot of their goals, and I've never seen him score a pretty goal. They have a bunch of really high quality players, but they don't work together well enough so their results, just like their team, is a bit patch-work.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Real Madrid doesn't win most of their games on their artistry, that's a myth. Madrid scrapes out a lot of goals. Hell, Ronaldo scores a lot of their goals, and I've never seen him score a pretty goal. They have a bunch of really high quality players, but they don't work together well enough so their results, just like their team, is a bit patch-work.
    This sounds like its coming from a Barcelona fan so its hardly objective
    You do not think that a long ball from Beckham seeking out Ronaldo and finding him perfectly is artistry?
    You don't find what Zz , Figo, Raul do on the ball as artistry?

They do not have a balanced team, no doubt about that as in their case its way too much artistry but they make up for it by dominating teams

In contrast Juventus do not have the players to dominate matches so they rely more on counter attack, that what I mean by too many athletes and very little artistry

Flavour of the month, Nedved is hardly artistic now is he but thats who some or most ppl pin thier hopes on to win matches for us

Not gonna happen against a well organised team, I am sorry, you need someone to unlock the key

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    well real is a special case. it doesnt work like that for other teams because they have a bottom to their pockets, they are under pressure to do well, and arent on the top by miles overall.
    You do not have to spend big to get artistic players, our team is more expensive than Roma's and Lazio's and we are less artistic
    Milan have a plethora of players to open teams up we have one or 2

Jul 12, 2002
    This sounds like its coming from a Barcelona fan so its hardly objective
    You do not think that a long ball from Beckham seeking out Ronaldo and finding him perfectly is artistry?
    You don't find what Zz , Figo, Raul do on the ball as artistry?

They do not have a balanced team, no doubt about that as in their case its way too much artistry but they make up for it by dominating teams
    Yeah, I'm a Barca fan, but come on. Ronaldo plays an ugly game based on strength and speed over tachnique. As for Figo, Becks, and Baldy...they do a lot of wonderful looking things, but that rarely translates into goals.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    You do not have to spend big to get artistic players, our team is more expensive than Roma's and Lazio's and we are less artistic
    Milan have a plethora of players to open teams up we have one or 2
    well they have a number of attacking defenders.

we have thuram.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Yeah, I'm a Barca fan, but come on. Ronaldo plays an ugly game based on strength and speed over tachnique. As for Figo, Becks, and Baldy...they do a lot of wonderful looking things, but that rarely translates into goals.
    Thats a bit harsh Ian, Ronaldo does have good technique and his game is not ugly
    Yes he has strength and speed but his technique is excellent, though strnagely he is a bad passer of the ball for someone of his technique
    The guys you mentioned are probably the best in assists in the world so I do not know what you mean by it does not translate in to goals

Lac, I am not sure if that is a joke or not but yes our full backs attack but they do not create

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
    don't worry guys, everything is gonna be alright.......

-----> as long as we buy new defenders.

14 goals conceded so far in Serie A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and still counting

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
    Waht gets me right now is Lippi. More specifically his player selections not so much his tactics, I could not care less? I mean Ferrara in the Lecce game? Could he not keep up with their forwards that he resulted to playing the angles to contain them? How about Tudor..nah that is too easy, why pick him. Del Piero behind the strikers? Hwe should have played a 4-3-3 flat out if thats the case with Del Piero on the left where his comfortable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)