If theres one thing about the team that frustrates you..... (5 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
I thought we had cheerleaders at the birra moretti trophy? ;)

okay, our defence is in trouble, and Juventus doesn't have their sole lethal striker, you know, someone who's a goal machine and scores for them nearly every match :)

and yes, no creative midfielders.

oh dear. looking at the lists above i'm feeling scared.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I wonder if you all are going to list all these frustrating things if we won the last aweful matches.. ;)

anyway, lippi's starting XI frustrates me sometimes.. and I miss davids.. I know I bashed him (as u all know)before for his intention to move to roma.. but his is STILL a juve player damn it..

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
What frustrates me most about the team?

Nothing. I think it's perfect. Juve played a wonderful 3 months, I can't believe its been washed away like that by this tragic week .. I wouldn't change a thing in this team ..

Everyone is blaming the defense, but it's not their fault that they are exposed easily when you have no cover at the flanks as Del Piero-Nedved-Camo all play behind Trezeguet .. you can't score goals for fun and expect to have a tight defense at the same time .. Roma are the only team to do that because they were very cinical in attack ..

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
What frustrates me most about the team?

Nothing. I think it's perfect. Juve played a wonderful 3 months, I can't believe its been washed away like that by this tragic week .. I wouldn't change a thing in this team ..
Let's get serious for a minute. Juve did not play a wonderful three months, they played a wonderful month, then they managed to scrape through another two without being defeated. They didn't playwell at all, except that they didn't lose.

++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Everyone is blaming the defense, but it's not their fault that they are exposed easily when you have no cover at the flanks as Del Piero-Nedved-Camo all play behind Trezeguet .. you can't score goals for fun and expect to have a tight defense at the same time .. Roma are the only team to do that because they were very cinical in attack ..
When you play a four-man defense, you shouldn't need protection from the wings, that's the point of having fullbacks! The defence is to blame, for as much blame as you can put on any one component of a team. They are slow, they don't pass well, they don't cover well, and they leak goals. Granted, niether the midfield nor the attack are perfect, but the defence is quite obviously the weak link. We don't have a single defender who is on form. Yes, yes, y'all are gonna say, "what about Zambrotta?" And I say, "Wake Up!" Zamby is a great left back if you want your left back to play like a midfielder. His marking is putrid anf he's of less help to the defense than he is to the midfield. Thuram sucks this year, Montero is even worse than before, and Legro looks like a headless chicken.

I'm now gonna go on a rant about legro, be warned: Leave it to Moggi to buy a flash in the pan player AGAIN! Legro is not a young player, and last year was his first good season. That's not how you buy, if you want to build a good team. Look at how Roma did, they bought a very young player who is better than Legro and has proved it for three years and has proved it in european competition. Instead of some one like that we got a player who doesn't know how to handle the pressure of big games, and quite honestly he's not the player that he was talked up to be. The same goes for Camo and Tacchinardi. They are both terrible this year.

The one thing that frustrates me about this team is Moggi. I know Moggi has some folk-hero status around here, but honestly he's not as great as he's made out to be. He has made some good signings: Nedved, Trezeguet, etc. But when he makes a good signing, he ususally overpays, and it's rarely a surprise either. Then there's the fact that for three years it's been painfully obvious that the defence needs strengethening desperately. Who does Moggi bring in? Fresi and Legro. That's just terrible. Then we bought Marco Di Vaio for something like 12 million plus the Matteo Brighi, who was the most promising player in Italy at the time. Di Vaio was supposed to replace Trezeguet while he was injured, but he sucked for that whole time. Zambrotta gets injured and we bring in Camo who plays pretty well for a while and suddenly Zamby's moved to left back. Might I say that at the time he was injured, Zamby was in the form of a life-time and was regarded as the best right winger in the world. Now we are stuck with a left back playing out of position and a right winger who sucks. That's brilliant. Honestly, I'm tired of the stupid moves for old italian players who never make a contribution. I'm tired of Moggi buying players we don't need and failing to cover position where we are difficient. I'm tired of losing young promising players because Moggi makes tupid moves. And, I'm tired of old crappy players staying past their welcome. They take away chances from younger more promising players, but Moggi never sells them.

Sep 28, 2002
too true ian. maybe moggi is not that bad. but the fact that he signed fresi and legro while our main rivals got nesta, cannavaro, chivu. legro wont come as well. as for lucio... i want him now, to fix our defence, to lead our defence. i never looked at him as future main defender. but that's what could happen.

bravo for your post ian. great stuff.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I'm talking about right now... Till the Inter game we weare working perfect, I know... also the defence did not suck btw.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We have enough creativity? Quite frankly, I don't think so. Nedved is hardly what I would label a creative player, while Davids and Maresca, who happen to be very creative, don't play. Del Piero and Miccoli are creative, but they never play at the same time, so that means that we have one, I'll say it again, ONE, creative player in our starting line-up.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
..and the lack of creativity in the midfield.....and it wouldn't hurt to have more than one so we don't rely on just one player for all offensive opportunities.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
..and last but not least Davids, Tudor and Maresco spening too much time of the bench..........................while Montero gets the lion's share of the playing time no matter how he plays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)