If there was one band you could have saved... (1 Viewer)

OP
V

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • Thread Starter #181
    • V

V

For anyone who was hoping for a NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) Reunion, the wish is coming true. THEY ARE GOING TO BE ON THE TODAY SHOW TOMORROW MORNING!! It will be their first performance since their breakup! I can't wait to see the chaos which will overtake Manhattan for this. My cousins and I are going to go stake out as well for the heck of it. They want to see how New York is and I think this will be a perfect opportunity.

Btw I am not a fan. I just think this will be a blast.

Edit.

So if anyone watches the Today Show look for me. We are headed out right now since the show is at 7 am.
    Girl, I'm giving up on you. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Well I listened through this today..it sounds just as I thought it would. Classic Whitesnake, hard-rocking ballads that make big-breasted ladies scream their souls out.

It's no Slip Of The Tongue, but it sounds fresh, I like it. A worthy effort all in all.
    Shouldn't they be called "Greyworm" by now?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    my band is SEEED from Germany

That's not a band... that's Schindler's List. No wonder this band doesn't exist anymore. Employing the population of Karlsruhe in the lineup, any gig they must have played must have been divided among so many band members that the take home pay was about €1,24.

alban_ks

TOTUUS TUUSS
    Apr 29, 2008
    That's not a band... that's Schindler's List. No wonder this band doesn't exist anymore. Employing the population of Karlsruhe in the lineup, any gig they must have played must have been divided among so many band members that the take home pay was about €1,24.
    i do not thinks so m8

Code:
    http://www.seeed.info/

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006
    K finally we're talking about music. Although i gotta go now I will post some of my bands for now. Will read from 1st page when I'm free.

Aerosmith (Still around I think. Steven Tyler. Joe Perry is so underrated here), Van Halen, Guns n' Roses, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Rage Against The Machines, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica (Go back to your past in Master of Puppets. Saint Anger sucks), Nirvana just to name a few for now. I'll be back :p

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    K finally we're talking about music. Although i gotta go now I will post some of my bands for now. Will read from 1st page when I'm free.

Aerosmith (Still around I think. Steven Tyler. Joe Perry is so underrated here), Van Halen, Guns n' Roses, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Rage Against The Machines, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Metallica (Go back to your past in Master of Puppets. Saint Anger sucks), Nirvana just to name a few for now. I'll be back :p
    I wouldnt say Perry is overated.If anything,he's probably a tad overated.Ive seen people talk about guitaring greats from the 70's and mention Perry alongside the likes of Brian May,Ritchie Blackmore,Jimmy Page,Eric Clapton and David Gilmour..and its very wrong.Perry was perfect was Aerosmith.He never had to stretch himself too far because of the band's style,but he's not underated IMO.

Aerosmith as a band are..I dont know.Dream On is pretty cool but i dont like a lot of their other big hits.Tyler could belt out a mean scream back in the day,and he probably still can..but the members are probably in their late 50's/60's now and they've kinda turned into a joke now by still singing songs on the same subjects,despite the fact that they've grown 30 years older..yet Tyler and Perry are still singing about the same teenage love that they did back in the day.They've lost virtually all their fizz.

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006
    I wouldnt say Perry is overated.If anything,he's probably a tad overated.Ive seen people talk about guitaring greats from the 70's and mention Perry alongside the likes of Brian May,Ritchie Blackmore,Jimmy Page,Eric Clapton and David Gilmour..and its very wrong.Perry was perfect was Aerosmith.He never had to stretch himself too far because of the band's style,but he's not underated IMO.

Aerosmith as a band are..I dont know.Dream On is pretty cool but i dont like a lot of their other big hits.Tyler could belt out a mean scream back in the day,and he probably still can..but the members are probably in their late 50's/60's now and they've kinda turned into a joke now by still singing songs on the same subjects,despite the fact that they've grown 30 years older..yet Tyler and Perry are still singing about the same teenage love that they did back in the day.They've lost virtually all their fizz.
    From your perspective about Perry I guess what I've learnt around here is different. See? I know Perry is rated quite highly but only to music/band lovers. And at times overrated as you would have said. But Aerosmith is quite mainstream. Thus a lot of the present listeners worldwide would know them. Better in fact compact to people knowing about Pink Floyd. And what I see from these people is the fact that they have no idea who the hell is Joe Perry. Who they only know is Steven Tyler. And when I talk to them about Aerosmith, they think Tyler. And some even thought Tyler's real name is actually Aerosmith. Its annoying really. True that Tyler is a huge part of Aerosmith but so is Joe Perry.

If the only song from Aerosmith which is appreciated by you is Dream On then I guess you would never like Aerosmith. This is easily because of the fact that Dream On doesn't sound a tad similar to any of Aerosmith's songs later on. Dream On was one of their very 1st few songs and the only moment of Tyler's massive outburst was at the end unlike most of his other songs. His unique squeaky vocals is what captures me. Easily most classical rock vocalist has awesome vocals which is unique in its own way. Axl, Klaus Meine etc has a voice which noone could copy. Truly unlike those current american rock. Chris Daughtry, Creed, 3 Doors Down? They all sound the same. Guess I would understand the reason why you don't like Aerosmith. Its definitely the weird vocals and the message they send. Though you cant really generalise their theme. Their mainstream hits are mostly love songs. Try checking out their less famous songs. Perhaps you would change your mind. Not everyone's like RATM. :p

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Its not the weird vocals actually.Axl Rose is possibly my favourite frontman,yet he screams and shreiks a lot too.To GNR haters hed' be like a rat being molested on stage,but to me he's an icon.Ive heard of other Aerosmith songs too..Walk This Way,Pink,Rag Doll,Falling In Love,Crying,Amazing,Angel..none of these were bad songs,but they never turned me into a big fan of the band.Maybe this isnt their best stuff,but Walk This Way is apparently one of their biggest hits,yet i dont like that song all that much.Its good,but thats it.I dont have an issue with Tyler's vocals,i just think that in terms of lyrical content,Aerosmith sound like they are in the same place they were 30 years ago...then they were 20 year olds singing teenage love songs..and now they're 50 year olds doing the same.I dont have anything against love songs,but it gets kinda weird when you're over 50 and you're still singing about teenage life.Like..how weird would it have been if Alice Cooper had written 'Im Eighteen' right now?:p.It probably works for some people,but i cant get over the fact that a bunch of old fuddy duddies are singing about teenage love.Performing old hits about those subjects..thats understandable.But writing new stuff on the same subjects,that kinda ticks me off.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    totally agree with salman on this, aerosmith have never really been a relevant band at all. the closest they came to making a statement was with the excellent song living on the edge,apart from that it has been cut/paste songs for the mainstream market

IlDivinCodino

f**king hot prospect
    Mar 5, 2006
    True that. It's disappointing really about bands singing only stuff that sells. But unfortunately that's life. I'm obviously not comparing Aerosmith to GnR who took classical rock to a different level. I noticed some people talking about Bon Jovi so I'll use him as an example then. Take a look at him. He too is a hypocrite singing about his undying love for a girl. But in reality there are millions of females who are willing to die for him instead. I guess when you're in the industry you have no choice. You gotta go with the crowd. I guess in lyrical content wise I too have to agree most with you. However music wise I never cease to think they are as genius as a musician can get. Full orchestra cover. Rhythm, bass, keyboards are mostly inch perfect in composition. I suppose we could all say the same for Scorpions as well. Too much love. But music wise they are real good too. Perhaps I experienced something different. I've had my ups and downs and there was a moment i resorted a lot to Aerosmith music to cheer me up. He may be singing a lot of teenage love. And coincidently he had mirrored my condition. But since we are talking about saving bands, perhaps saving Aerosmith from their theme?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)