If the Penalty remains... (2 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
To be honest, I'm not pinning too many hopes on Deschamps, because I've never thought him to be Juve material. That said, it would be wrong to diss him without giving him a shot. My call is, at least another Season in Serie B after this one, if we're not able to reduce the -30 deficit.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 24, 2004
gray said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's going to be much more interesting support Juve now?
no, you aren't. I think it's more interesting and even more essential.
A promotion in first year is very unlikely. We will almost have to start from the beginning. We need to set up a new first squad and we need a lot of patience. It will be a hard task for Didier to start from nill. No more Camp Nou, no more San Siro - time of glory is over for the next three years. But a time of real fight will start and we will be back sooner or later.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
gray said:
Am I the only one who thinks it's going to be much more interesting support Juve now?
I think C would have been more interesting. We would have lost more players and would have to rely on more of our youth, which is what everyone seems to want. This way we just lose the stars and keep Serie A veterans anyway, it's just going to be a short transition phase.

Jan 24, 2004
Martin said:
I think C would have been more interesting. We would have lost more players and would have to rely on more of our youth, which is what everyone seems to want. This way we just lose the stars and keep Serie A veterans anyway, it's just going to be a short transition phase.
do you really think that it will be a "short transition phase"?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
kurvengeflüster said:
Yeah, pretty much. We may have lost a lot in the short run, but the long term appeal of Juventus won't go away, back in Serie A we'll get another ridiculous tv contract, Nike still hasn't dumped us etc. It won't be long until we're one of the most resourceful clubs again. Meanwhile Marchionni, Zanetti and probably a bunch of our current players is overkill for Serie B, we'll be back in A in two years if not one.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
gray said:
Nope, at least we get to see how Deschamps and the youngsters perform
And see how Juventus start from the beginning and climbing back up to Serie A again

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
kurvengeflüster said:
If the 30-point penalty stays, I think we can promote back to serieA in 2 years maximum, but If it reduces for 20 or 15, we might promote back within a year, after ther promotion, Juve will need 2 years to compete the great clubs out there, We have the financial support, and also huge number of fans all over the world, which makes the batle easier than Fiorentina had for example.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
snoop said:
If the 30-point penalty stays, I think we can promote back to serieA in 2 years maximum, but If it reduces for 20 or 15, we might promote back within a year, after ther promotion, Juve will need 2 years to compete the great clubs out there, We have the financial support, and also huge number of fans all over the world, which makes the batle easier than Fiorentina had for example.
I think our future hinges on the competence of our new management. Even if we were cleared of all wrong doing, the whole board resigned, we have a completely new management team and I'm quite confident that competent people have been appointed into these roles. Obviously it's going to be much more difficult starting in B, but even if we didn't, it's still a matter of running the club as a successful business.

Jus_Juve

May 14, 2006
Martin said:
Yeah, pretty much. We may have lost a lot in the short run, but the long term appeal of Juventus won't go away, back in Serie A we'll get another ridiculous tv contract, Nike still hasn't dumped us etc. It won't be long until we're one of the most resourceful clubs again. Meanwhile Marchionni, Zanetti and probably a bunch of our current players is overkill for Serie B, we'll be back in A in two years if not one.
Short term process? You think we can come back to Serie A easily? Naive and dumb. Yes we can breeze past any team in Serie B if we have Vieria, Zambrotta, Buffon, Ibra, Treze, Emerson.

But to remind you, only an OLD Del Piero is going to be around. So easy promotion? How dumb can you be?

Oh yeah, talking about youth, if we have 10 Leo Messi and 1 Petr Cech yup we can come back with ease, but hey? How much potential and current ability does plaers like Volpe or Palladino have? How dumb can you be again?

Oh yeah, you talked as if we are still very rich after this mess. And that we will have million and millions to splash the cash on if we manage to get back to Serie A? How dumb can you be?

Even if Juve in the end manage to survive against the odds, you think it will be in 2 years? You think we have a Roman Abramovic who can pump in near 200 million in two seasons? How dumb can you be. :tdown:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I ll just quote me again:

Cronios said:
We need 100 points out of 126,

Lets say the first serie B team wins 81 (Bologna?)
the second 78 (Brescia?)
and the third 76 (Napoli?)
Lazio 82 - 7 = 75
Fiorentina 84 - 12 = 72
the forth 69just like this year (Verona,Genoa,Bari?)

JUVENTUS 90 - 30 = 60 << 7th position

we need 99 points at least that means 33 wins out of 42 games
Just try to be a bit realistic here,
teams like Bologna,Napoli,Fiorentina,Lazio,Genoa are more experianced on using lower level players than us,
we had zero experience, we know nothing about serie B,
our coach knows nothing about serie B,our new managers too,
we need experience,who is going to hire the right staf?
and serie B isnt as weak as you ppl think,
yes our current team would dominate them without any problem and could probably won almost all the matches,
but the youngster team that trains in our fields now cant win a league were some players spent all their carrier there, there many talents and veterans in serie B that would create problems to our first squad probably match our subs and possibly win our youngsters,we cannot just go there and win it just like that
and we cannot base upon players like Legro and Kapo that we denied them serie A chances in Juve's team so many years, to fight an impossible fight for our cause, when our current stars earning millions will abandon us.
Also remember that the system that managed to harm Juve so much will continue to hurt us as much as possible and we will be weaker than ever,
dont have any illusions that anyone will forget anything, on the contrary they will use the verdict to point out they were right...and they will want us to pay more
and suffer week in, week out...
The refs will slain us in the field, because any ref suspected of helping Juve lost his job...
Serie B was never that hard:
Albinoleffe, Arezzo, Bari, Bologna, Brescia, Cesena, Crotone, Fiorentina (-12pts), Frosinone, Genoa, Juventus (-30pts), Lazio (-7pts), Mantova, Modena, Napoli, Pescara, Piacenza, Rimini, Spezia, Triestina, Verona, Vicenza.

Estimation on deductions points and roster:

-30 points and the younger squad leaves us no hopes for A unless we keep all our players
-20 points and the younger squad give us hopes
-20 points and some stars (Abiatti,Canna,Nedved,DP) gives a realistic chance to get in the barages and chalenge Lazio+Fiorentina for serie A
-15 and the youngsters could get us in position 6 after a succesfull campain, and we sould check the other teams rosters for the barages
-15 and some stars sould get us in position 6 atleast and give us the upperhand in the barages
<15 points + some stars would give us the chance to chalenge place 2 and a direct qualification...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jus_Juve said:
Short term process? You think we can come back to Serie A easily? Naive and dumb. Yes we can breeze past any team in Serie B if we have Vieria, Zambrotta, Buffon, Ibra, Treze, Emerson.

But to remind you, only an OLD Del Piero is going to be around. So easy promotion? How dumb can you be?

Oh yeah, talking about youth, if we have 10 Leo Messi and 1 Petr Cech yup we can come back with ease, but hey? How much potential and current ability does plaers like Volpe or Palladino have? How dumb can you be again?

Oh yeah, you talked as if we are still very rich after this mess. And that we will have million and millions to splash the cash on if we manage to get back to Serie A? How dumb can you be?

Even if Juve in the end manage to survive against the odds, you think it will be in 2 years? You think we have a Roman Abramovic who can pump in near 200 million in two seasons? How dumb can you be. :tdown:
First of all, calling me dumb is uncalled for.

Secondly, I think you gravely underestimate that we are still the biggest club in Italy, we practically have half of Serie B under contract on loans and co-ownerships, we have guys like Marchionni, Zanetti and Bojinov joining us in *B* and we still probably have more financial resources than all the clubs in B combined 5 times over.

We're not a run of the mill Serie B club.

Jus_Juve

May 14, 2006
Cronios said:
I ll just quote me again:

Just try to be a bit realistic here,
teams like Bologna,Napoli,Fiorentina,Lazio,Genoa are more experianced on using lower level players than us,
we had zero experience, we know nothing about serie B,
our coach knows nothing about serie B,our new managers too,
we need experience,who is going to hire the right staf?
and serie B isnt as weak as you ppl think,
yes our current team would dominate them without any problem and could probably won almost all the matches,
but the youngster team that trains in our fields now cant win a league were some players spent all their carrier there, there many talents and veterans in serie B that would create problems to our first squad probably match our subs and possibly win our youngsters,we cannot just go there and win it just like that
and we cannot base upon players like Legro and Kapo that we denied them serie A chances in Juve's team so many years, to fight an impossible fight for our cause, when our current stars earning millions will abandon us.
Also remember that the system that managed to harm Juve so much will continue to hurt us as much as possible and we will be weaker than ever,
dont have any illusions that anyone will forget anything, on the contrary they will use the verdict to point out they were right...and they will want us to pay more
and suffer week in, week out...
The refs will slain us in the field, because any ref suspected of helping Juve lost his job...

Estimation on deductions points and roster:

-30 points and the younger squad leaves us no hopes for A unless we keep all our players
-20 points and the younger squad give us hopes
-20 points and some stars (Abiatti,Canna,Nedved,DP) gives a realistic xchance to get in the barages and chalenge Lazio+Fiorentina for serie A
-15 and the youngsters could get us in position 6 after a succesfull campain, and we sould check the other teams rosters for the barages
-15 and some stars sould get us in position 6 atleast and give us the upperhand in the barages
<15 points + some stars would give us the chance to chalenge place and direct qualification...
You are right. I understand alot of the people here are passionate Juve supporters, I am one too.

But we must be realistic of our chances as well. All that is left of Juve now is the logo, the colour of the jerseys and a very very spoilt reputation (non-Juve fans will surely not think about past glories). A look at the squad called up by Deschamps makes you wonder are you looking at an under-21 team.

An under-21 team to breeze past season pros and managers is really naive, childish and stupid to say the least.

Blind optimism sometimes may be good, but too much of it proves either those people are kids, childish or stupid.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Martin said:
and we still probably have more financial resources than all the clubs in B combined 5 times over.

We're not a run of the mill Serie B club.

I think he ment in end about coming back to power in A
and he has a point,
to become what we are today after the sell offs, we will need about 200mil
the Agnelli wont offer...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Martin said:
these are the points i am trying to make. well said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)