Icehockey world cup (1 Viewer)

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #2
    I witnessed one of the best hockeygames I have seen in my entire life today. Sweden were knocked out, down with four goals but we rose on 9 and by a classic goal from the best player in the world we finally beat those finnish bastards.
    Juventus should watch this game and see Mats Sundins face in when PJ scored that crucial 6-5 goal. They could learn a lot from this.
    I don't care how it goes in the rest of this tournament this game has satisfied my hockeynerves for a year to come.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I saw the highlights. I think it's fun how whenever Sweden and Finland meet you can never know who'll win it. Like today.. :D

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #4
    The teams who are through to the next round are: Canada, Czech republic, Sweden and Slovakia.
    The semifinals will be played as followed:

Canada - Czech republic (16.00)
    Sweden - Slovakia (20.00)

My guess is that Sweden and Canada will go through to the finals.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    This was a classic hockey game, one of the absolutely best I have ever seen. Sweden played like shit the first period and we were down with four goals. Now something happened, one goal led to another and the swedes selfconfidence rose while the finnish got scared. Look at Forsbergs 5-5 goal, they weren't even trying to attack him.
    Forsberg was the difference between a flip or a flop in the olympics. With him we would without doubt have beaten White Russia. I think we should have in mind that Sweden did one really good game. When we faced Canadas best possible team without our best player we still won with 5-2, I would rate this game higher than yesterdays gamesince we couldn't meet a harder opponent plus that it was more or less a home game for them. Still yesterday's game was top entertainment, when hockey is at it's best I think it is better than football I think.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    It is just one hour left til' the semifinal, I don't know if i'm gonna watch it but I hope so.
    I have put my bets on 5-3 and 4-3, to Sweden of course.
    It is going to be a tough game, I would say that the teams are equal maybe Swedens two stars Sundin and Forsberg are bigger than Ziggy Palffy and Miroslav Satan (does anyone know why he has that name?).
    In this game I thin it will be Sundin who will take the necessary responsibility. Mats has always been great in the yellow shirt, I don't think I have ever seen him do a bad game for Sweden. Now it is only fifteen minutes left.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    Just as I could foresee Sundin would be the king in the semifinal. It was a great game by Sweden. The swedes controlled the game so much that it became boring after a while.
    Sundin was the best player on the ice with two goal and one assist. Sundin who probably has the best backhand in the world proved that he could score with his forehand too. Tellqvist was brilliant in the goal and Zetterberg proved once again that he will take Sundins and Forsbergs place in the future. Forsberg didn't do his best game but the slovakian players were playing many dirty tricks on him but Forsberg got his revenge by tackling Palffy so bad that he had to leave the ice. Mika Hannulas 1-0 goal was brilliant and we will probably see him leave for the NHL next year, it wa a good decision from him not to leave already this year.
    This was Swedens best game so far in the torunament though it wasn't as exciting as the game against Finland.

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    Here are stats from yesterdays games:

Slovakia - Sweden 1-4 (0-1,1-1,0-2)

First: 0-1 (18.40) Mika Hannula
    (J Davidsson/D Tjärnqvist)

Second: 1-1 (37.39) Peter Bondra
    (Strbak) 1-2 (38.30) Mats Sundin
    (R Sundin/P-J Axelsson)

Third: 1-3 (41.53) Mats Sundin
    (Renberg) 1-4 (59.23) Henrik
    Zetterberg (M Sundin) i tom bur

Shots: 31-31 (14-14,9-8,8-9)
    Pen.: Slk: 5x2 Swe: 6x2

Ref: Rick Looker
    Audience: 13 117

Canada - Czech Republic 8-4 (1-0,2-2,5-2)
    First: 1-0 (10.34) Doan (Brewer) 5/4

Second: 2-0 (23.57) Heatley (Briere)
    3-0 (29.39) Bouwmeester (Horcroff/
    Rivet) 3-1 (34.30) Reichel (Kadlec)5/4
    3-2 (39.32) Reichel (Kadlec)

Third: 3-3 (42.04) Hejduk (Hudler/
    Spacek), 4-3 (43.20) Calder (Horcroff/
    Marleau), 5-3 (48.41) Heatley(Kolanos/
    Reinprecht), 6-3 (52.53) Horcroff
    (Marleau) 6-4 (57.08) Duda (Hudler/
    Modry), 7-4 (57.40) Dandenault (Doan/
    Draper) 8-4 (58.25) Heatley (Maltby/
    Reinprecht)

Shots: 31-29 (8-11,9-11,14-7)
    Pen.: Can: 7x2 Czech: 4x2
    Ref: Thomas Andersson

Bronze game:
    Saturday 10/5
    Czech Republic - Slovakia (16.00)

Final:
    Sunday 11/5
    Sweden - Canada (16.00)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    :fero: Oh yeah, and where was Norway in this tournament? :p
    Everybody knows that hockey are for the people that can't cut it in the real sports that take place on ice ;)

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #19
    Well that's great because we face them in the Euro qualification.

Well it seems like you are the only Hockey fan except for me around.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    Everybody knows that hockey are for the people that can't cut it in the real sports that take place on ice ;)
    :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Glorious, Torkel! :cool:

Zambro, Loppan is a fan too I think :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)