Ibra-Zebina Arguement! (1 Viewer)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
edpiero said:
why sell both?? sell one and get it over with
because if there is a fight,both of the sides are guilty,and I am not very sure if both of them will not repeat it in the future between them or someone else.There should be financial punishment at least.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
snoop said:
because if there is a fight,both of the sides are guilty,and I am not very sure if both of them will not repeat it in the future between them or someone else.There should be financial punishment at least.
fair enough, a fine should do

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ian said:
Actually, Zebina is the one out of line, just as Mido was at Ajax. Zlatan is a passsionate headstrong player, who will speak his mind and let his actions follow suit. I respect him for that, and if he's got to smack Zebina around, then so be it. This is a sport, after all, not common life.
Getting into a physical confrontation with one of your teammates is unacceptable. I don't care who started it and quite frankly I don't care what went on between the two players but fighting is carrying it too far. If anything let it be a battle of words.

I wonder if this really happened though because both Zebina and Zlatan started in tonight's game against Roma. I don't know how Cap deals with situations like this but they wouldn't have started after going at it if I was in charge.

If this is true then both players should be punished.

Jul 12, 2002
Stuart said:
Getting into a physical confrontation with one of your teammates is unacceptable. I don't care who started it and quite frankly I don't care what went on between the two players but fighting is carrying it too far. If anything let it be a battle of words.

I wonder if this really happened though because both Zebina and Zlatan started in tonight's game against Roma. I don't know how Cap deals with situations like this but they wouldn't have started after going at it if I was in charge.

If this is true then both players should be punished.
Come on! They're team mates, on a football team. They play a physical game and they are physically related to each other. It's natural that they would work out differences physically. We don't get players based on their disagreement settling ability.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Ian said:
Come on! They're team mates, on a football team. They play a physical game and they are physically related to each other. It's natural that they would work out differences physically. We don't get players based on their disagreement settling ability.

Thuram has a law degree doesnt he? :p

I never knew that Ibra was a master of martial arts? :eyebrows:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ian said:
I'm not saying that they can't work out their differences physically. If they have a problem with each other then throw in a hard tackle or two at training, something like that, but throwing punches isn't the way to go IMO. I guess you know more about this stuff than I do seeing as you were once a pro footballer but I don't see the need to fight over a disagreement.

Jul 12, 2002
Stuart said:
I'm not saying that they can't work out their differences physically. If they have a problem with each other then throw in a hard tackle or two at training, something like that, but throwing punches isn't the way to go IMO. I guess you know more about this stuff than I do seeing as you were once a pro footballer but I don't see the need to fight over a disagreement.
It's not terribly common for a fist fight to break out, but every week somebody had a tussle with somebody, at least when I was playing. Footballers express themselves with their bodies, not their words. IF Zlatan's pissed enough at Zebina, I think he's with-in his rights to fight him on the training pitch. Loser gets sold.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ian said:
It's not terribly common for a fist fight to break out, but every week somebody had a tussle with somebody, at least when I was playing. Footballers express themselves with their bodies, not their words. IF Zlatan's pissed enough at Zebina, I think he's with-in his rights to fight him on the training pitch. Loser gets sold.
I guess I'm a bit of a softy then because whenever I get into a conflict at football practise, which seldomly happens, I try to get back at the guy by outplaying him. I prefer to let my play do the talking.

One of my coaches actually deals with these things like you suggested they should be dealt with. A couple of weeks ago at practise someone gave another guy a really unnecessary tackle and it just so happened that both players were hot headed and neither were going to back down. The player that got tackled reacted angrily, took a punch to the head and then kicked the other guy's ass. The coach just stood there. He said that he hoped they would knock some sense into one another and one of these day's he's going to bring two pairs of boxing gloves and let them go at it. He's just that type of guy though. My other coach would have punished the two guys severely.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Methods on settling differences aside, internal conflict is never healthy for any team. Sure, every team has their fair share, for me as long as its resolved properly without the repurcussions spilling over into the team's performances then its not too much of a problem. A fine wouldn't be out of line IMO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Desmond said:
Methods on settling differences aside, internal conflict is never healthy for any team. Sure, every team has their fair share, for me as long as its resolved properly without the repurcussions spilling over into the team's performances then its not too much of a problem. A fine wouldn't be out of line IMO.
Agreed.

Jul 12, 2002
Stuart said:
I guess I'm a bit of a softy then because whenever I get into a conflict at football practise, which seldomly happens, I try to get back at the guy by outplaying him. I prefer to let my play do the talking.

One of my coaches actually deals with these things like you suggested they should be dealt with. A couple of weeks ago at practise someone gave another guy a really unnecessary tackle and it just so happened that both players were hot headed and neither were going to back down. The player that got tackled reacted angrily, took a punch to the head and then kicked the other guy's ass. The coach just stood there. He said that he hoped they would knock some sense into one another and one of these day's he's going to bring two pairs of boxing gloves and let them go at it. He's just that type of guy though. My other coach would have punished the two guys severely.
Obviously it's not good to have fights among a team, what should be a family. On the other hand, it's even worse to have an emnity that gets bottled up and festers until the whole team has to pick sides. It's happened before with teams. Punishing players does nothing to solve the disagreement. On the other hand, letting them get it out allows the issue to be settled.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ian said:
Obviously it's not good to have fights among a team, what should be a family. On the other hand, it's even worse to have an emnity that gets bottled up and festers until the whole team has to pick sides. It's happened before with teams. Punishing players does nothing to solve the disagreement. On the other hand, letting them get it out allows the issue to be settled.
I don't see it that way. If Zebina gets his ass kicked by Zlatan do you really think he's going to leave it at that? Perhaps another individual would but Zebina is likely to seek out revenge and the feud could lengthen which needless to say wouldn't be good for the team.

Jul 12, 2002
Stuart said:
I don't see it that way. If Zebina gets his ass kicked by Zlatan do you really think he's going to leave it at that? Perhaps another individual would but Zebina is likely to seek out revenge and the feud could lengthen which needless to say wouldn't be good for the team.
So, you want to box? :boxing: :eyepatch: :ferocious :skull:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)