Ibra out in Juve revolution (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Muha said:
He is an experienced player... that's not what i'm arguing ... He might be suitable for the bench, and thats good , as far as Juve are concerned... However, no. 7 doesnt belong to him anymore... thats just my opinion.. many might disagree, but thats life ..:D

Fortunately, the Juventus management are satisfied with Pessotto holding the 7 jersey.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Muha said:
Why was no.10 stripped off Del piero's Azzuri shirt then??,... wasnt it because Totti offered more than him, and thus he deserved no. 10 more than Del piero...
National teams are not privy to that rule. No one player has a fixed shirt number; therefore the no. 10 shirt never really was Del Piero's. In the even that Totti is injured, Del Piero could even wear the no. 10 for Italy again. Even Miccoli IIRC has donned that same number.

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
Portugal has retired the "Legendary jerseys" you were talkin about... even tho that's the Portugees national team...

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
leave pessotto alone..he might not be was he once was, but he served us well and doesn't derserve to be stripped off the number 7.
perhaps mutu respects him too much to demand the number, just a thought.
remember baggio when he joined milan, he didn't want #10. he didn't want to be disrespectful and take away the # from one that had been at the club for long time.
and zizou played with different shirtnumbers at clublevel too, even though he is a classic 10

Sep 1, 2002
Fight Club said:
leave pessotto alone..he might not be was he once was, but he served us well and doesn't derserve to be stripped off the number 7.
perhaps mutu respects him too much to demand the number, just a thought.
remember baggio when he joined milan, he didn't want #10. he didn't want to be disrespectful and take away the # from one that had been at the club for long time.
and zizou played with different shirtnumbers at clublevel too, even though he is a classic 10

That is a very sad and depressing picture of a child who has been unfortunately misdirected, that you have -I think they are called avitar-: would you please consider removing it to something that does not sully these pages.

Sep 1, 2002
I'd play Pessotto ahead of Zabine or Chillni- neither of who will be in the team next season.

How is it that no matter which subject we are on, some here take it as an opportunity to get all upset and swing their Del Piero hand bags: Not to mention any names.

Take a break and watch the video of that year or two when many though that he might become a great player. Sadly it never happened.

zlatan9uk

Nov 30, 2005
Stripper said:
Juventus risk throwing away the Scudetto and newspapers suggest this could push out Fabio Capello, Patrick Vieira, Adrian Mutu and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

The reigning Italian Champions have been practically assigned the title for the past three months, having enjoyed a 10-point lead just five rounds ago.

However, a run of seven competitive games without a win and five straight draws in Serie A have seen that advantage over Milan hacked down to a meagre three points.

This sudden collapse has also apparently washed away some certainties within the club, such as the future of Coach Capello and the so-called Triade of directors Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and Roberto Bettega.

With Capello consistently linked with moves to Inter, Real Madrid and the England squad, and an increasingly fraught relationship with the Juventus fans over his treatment of Alessandro Del Piero, it’s by no means certain he’ll stay in Turin next season.

If the tactician does leave, then Ibrahimovic is also set to be shown the door. The Swede excelled in his debut Serie A campaign, scoring 16 goals, but this term he has managed just six and hasn’t hit the back of the net since February 18.

Yet Capello’s insistence on choosing the former Ajax man ahead of fan favourite Del Piero, even when he is struggling with injury, has infuriated the supporters and turned them against Ibrahimovic.

“I am not worried about Zlatan’s form ahead of the World Cup,” insisted Sweden Coach Lars Lagerback. “He is playing in a team that has had a large dip in form over the past few weeks. If we look at the support the strikers receive at the moment, it’s obvious he can’t have an easy job.”

Ibrahimovic was the subject of an approach by Real Madrid in the summer and in the current climate, with a contract renewal talks dragging on, Juventus could re-open negotiations with the Spanish side.

Other players who have disappointed this term are £13.75m summer signing Vieira, also of interest to Real Madrid, and former Chelsea man Mutu.

Lilian Thuram and Pavel Nedved are nearing retirement age and could be removed to freshen up the ageing defence, while Juventus have already made plans with the arrival of out of contract midfielders Cristiano Zanetti and Marco Marchionni from Inter and Parma respectively.

Channel4 Sunday 23 April, 2006
you believe too much in paper talk thats your problem mate. Ibra`s world class, i cant think of a world class player who hasnt had atleat 1 disapointing season in their career, i remember a little french lad called thierry henry..................

Jul 12, 2002
zlatan9uk said:
you believe too much in paper talk thats your problem mate. Ibra`s world class, i cant think of a world class player who hasnt had atleat 1 disapointing season in their career, i remember a little french lad called thierry henry..................
Too true. He'd been excellent for a while, then came to Italy and was good for a season. Just because he has a sophmore slump, doesn't mean he's crap...

OP
Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #233
    Its his attitide, after he scored vs Palermo, he put his hand to his ears signalling to the fans "what, what do u have to say now" these are the clubs fans u wont be winning any fans with that kind of behaviour, sure he scored a goal but what after 78 days, even if he scores a hattrick next game i still want him out

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Zlatan will stay and i am sure that he will improve and get back to his best form , i expect him to shine in the world cup

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
    It's just his naivety and arrogance. Of course he wont win it with the fans.

I'm hoping he can perform better in the future and get his act together.

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    Stripper said:
    Its his attitide, after he scored vs Palermo, he put his hand to his ears signalling to the fans "what, what do u have to say now" these are the clubs fans u wont be winning any fans with that kind of behaviour, sure he scored a goal but what after 78 days, even if he scores a hattrick next game i still want him out
    True... I still remember when Walter Samuel scored for Real Madrid last season.. before that goal he was always critisized by the madrid fans, so after scoring it he teased the fans in a similar way to Zlatan's..... That move put him on the way out of the Bernabeu....

Zlatan will probably stay if he plays well in the WC.. otherwise, Moggi, will sell him to either Real or Chelsea and buy 2 or 3 new players...

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    If Ibrahimovic will be sold probably has more to do with the price that Real Madrid is willing to pay for him then his World Cup performances.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
    Mr. Gol said:
    If Ibrahimovic will be sold probably has more to do with the price that Real Madrid is willing to pay for him then his World Cup performances.
    this will be good for Juve

Mr. Gol said:
    and this will be good for him

everybody happy then :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    we dont need any new forwards..we have great forwards..what we lack is creaitivity in the midfield and a coach who is willing to play football instead of rugby.

Zlatan will shine at the WC because he will be played in a team that wants to create and score goals and play good football. Under Capello, no one is exactly playing great football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)