Iago Falqué (114 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
we're a sad club let's buy more mediocre players and don't let our mediocre talents play
So the same goes for Barca too since they let him go and join us?

Look mate, we signed the guy, he couldn't prove his worth here so we loaned him out to a team which plays in a league he's familiar with and where he can rediscover himself and us getting some money back in return or an improved version of him. It aint the end of the world and it certainly doesn't mean our whole youth policy is a fuck up.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Accept and obey, huh?

I never knew this was a communist club.
Where did I say accept and obey?

Juventus is a club that sends its youth products to other clubs, if you have the power to change that to whatever suits your taste, go ahead and do that. If you can't, you can either moan about it or live with it.

If I choose not to moan about the club it does not mean I am complacent but I know for sure that whatever I say or do on an internet forum nothing would change.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Loan with an option to buy on the set price when we actually never tried to give him a chance is dumb decision.. This situation can turn out to be like Milan and Gourcuff situation when he shine.. and when he flop, they will just send him back to us..

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
So the same goes for Barca too since they let him go and join us?

Look mate, we signed the guy, he couldn't prove his worth here so we loaned him out to a team which plays in a league he's familiar with and where he can rediscover himself and us getting some money back in return or an improved version of him. It aint the end of the world and it certainly doesn't mean our whole youth policy is a fuck up.
barca were also fucked with the fabregas story. but they let many youth players get a chance like dos santos but when the didn't make it they let another in like bojan or pedro. so no this isn't the same. and no we don't have a good youth policy but with the new rules emerging we have to get it straight. we buy players like grosso and sali but they aren't better then our youth players or not that much better. or if the old players we have were so good why did we finnish 7th? just give the young guns a chance. like we did with del piero when he was young

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah, our youth policy is so spectacular. :lol:

It's not just about Iago.
It's not about the policy of loan out player but more about having players who simply can't cut it out to the first team in our youth sector over the years.

Only Marchisio so far did that successful jump into the first team and subsequently was part of Italy's NT. He simply is good enough while the others, for different reasons couldn't. But that doesn't mean that they are all top players who simply didn't get the chance like many here picture it to be, the more sensible justification is that they're not even good enough to get that nod to the first team or even from the bench in some cases.

But whatever, don't let this stop the" we don't concentrate on our youth teams, we don't give our young players a chance :cry: :cry:" continuous moaning.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Where did I say accept and obey?

Juventus is a club that sends its youth products to other clubs, if you have the power to change that to whatever suits your taste, go ahead and do that. If you can't, you can either moan about it or live with it.

If I choose not to moan about the club it does not mean I am complacent but I know for sure that whatever I say or do on an internet forum nothing would change.
We've been over this before. My stance is that yes, we can't really change the minds of the directors. And if there is no point in discussing it as you say, then there isn't a point to this forum.

barca were also fucked with the fabregas story. but they let many youth players get a chance like dos santos but when the didn't make it they let another in like bojan or pedro. so no this isn't the same. and no we don't have a good youth policy but with the new rules emerging we have to get it straight. we buy players like grosso and sali but they aren't better then our youth players or not that much better. or if the old players we have were so good why did we finnish 7th? just give the young guns a chance. like we did with del piero when he was young
:tup:

Well done.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We've been over this before. My stance is that yes, we can't really change the minds of the directors. And if there is no point in discussing it as you say, then there isn't a point to this forum.

:tup:

Well done.
Discussing what really? If sending the young players on loan and co-ownership is good or bad? There is nothing to discuss really, it has been thoroughly and deeply discussed and concluded that our youth policy is bad. What is left about this matter is either wishing luck to the players we like or moaning that they have been sent. The forum has lots of other subjects to be discussed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not about the policy of loan out player but more about having players who simply can't cut it out to the first team in our youth sector over the years.

Only Marchisio so far did that successful jump into the first team and subsequently was part of Italy's NT. He simply is good enough while the others, for different reasons couldn't. But that doesn't mean that they are all top players who simply didn't get the chance like many here picture it to be, the more sensible justification is that they're not even good enough to get that nod to the first team or even from the bench in some cases.
You're a product of your environment. If the environment isn't conducive of individuality and prosperity, then you'll fail. Certainly, not all of our youth products will make it, which is understandable. But some will and should, yet they aren't given a chance. To reap the benefits of the youth, you HAVE to give them a chance.

You must believe that all coaches have the same ability and thus those players who are not given time must not be good enough. I don't subscribe to that predictable, narrow-minded and easy-way-out notion.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Barca have better players both in their youth and their first team than we do, that's a fact. Now I can't see what that has to do with our youth policy being a fucked up one.

Sure, few players cut it out to the first team but that's rather due to the fact that they simply aint good enough not because we've freaks who just can't help but delay the improvement of our young players and continuously trying to press them out.

We loan players who prove themselves in the 2nd team to other Serie A and B clubs to gain experience by playing regularly and subsequently call them back if they do impress or at least prove their worth. When/if they don't, we simply either sell them out or half their contracts to those clubs or others, which is the right thing to do. I really can't see what is wrong with that.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
You're a product of your environment. If the environment isn't conducive of individuality and prosperity, then you'll fail. Certainly, not all of our youth products will make it, which is understandable. But some will and should, yet they aren't given a chance. To reap the benefits of the youth, you HAVE to give them a chance.

You must believe that all coaches have the same ability and thus those players who are not given time must not be good enough. I don't subscribe to that predictable, narrow-minded and easy-way-out notion.
We've had our share of different directors and coaches both in the first team and that of the 2nd yet those same players we're discussing here couldn't make it. Yet the club has reacted in the most sensible way by giving them other clubs to prove their worth in, and I can't see where the failure is in that.

If players make it there, they're usually called back ala Marchisio, Seba, DC and Moli style. If not, then them not being good enough is the most probable scenario, hence you can't blame the club for selling them afterwards even if those do bloom in later years, they simply didn't take full advantage of the chances they were given by the club. So again, it's not the policy's failure but rather that of the player's.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm still waiting to see a youngster who looks good enough to play for Juve, but is sent out on loans and end up starring for another big club.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We've had our share of different directors and coaches both in the first team and that of the 2nd yet those same players we're discussing here couldn't make it. Yet the club has reacted in the most sensible way by giving them other clubs to prove their worth in, and I can't see where the failure is in that.

If players make it there, they're usually called back ala Marchisio, Seba, DC and Moli style. If not, then them not being good enough is the most probable scenario, hence you can't blame the club for selling them afterwards even if those do bloom in later years, they simply didn't take full advantage of the chances they were given by the club. So again, it's not the policy's failure but rather that of the player's.
We've been over this before. You have faith in the loaning system. I do not.

To me, putting the development of your own players in the hands of other clubs is simply idiotic.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
Barca have better players both in their youth and their first team than we do, that's a fact. Now I can't see what that has to do with our youth policy being a fucked up one.

Sure, few players cut it out to the first team but that's rather due to the fact that they simply aint good enough not because we've freaks who just can't help but delay the improvement of our young players and continuously trying to press them out.

We loan players who prove themselves in the 2nd team to other Serie A and B clubs to gain experience by playing regularly and subsequently call them back if they do impress or at least prove their worth. When/if they don't, we simply either sell them out or half their contracts to those clubs or others, which is the right thing to do. I really can't see what is wrong with that.
are they really better? why didn't they win the world youth cup in 2007? i think the core team is maybe better so it's easier to give them the chance. but always loaning players to other teams with a different playing style won't help you. sometimes it does.
in the end it all depends on how much faith has a coach in his players and if he's capable tot introduce the player. we have to much faith in our old guard but i think immobile would have a better impact last year than iaquinta or amauri. but hey he isn't mature yet so just let's loan him next year and maybe when he is 30 he can come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)